BC

Packers @ Seahawks

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick to win?

• Packers
    • Seahawks

With that said, GODDAMN do I love our defense. Arguably #1 in the league, with Arizona right there at #2. NFC West is one tough division this year. :yep:

I would take Zonas D over Seattles

In the end... without that last call.. This was a really really good football game. Lots of defense, and it wasn't because the offenses were turning the ball over a dozen times... Just good, hard, football. The officials completely marred a really good thing last night (throughout, not just the end result).

• Upvote 1

I admitted that we probably got one in the chat but those Refs were awful in the 2nd half PI's that shouldn't of been called guys getting held on the Defensive Lines.

Edited by Sacks98

NFL: "Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty"

NFL: "The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video and supports decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following review."

In the end... without that last call.. This was a really really good football game. Lots of defense, and it wasn't because the offenses were turning the ball over a dozen times... Just good, hard, football. The officials completely marred a really good thing last night (throughout, not just the end result).

This is true. I feel I should point out one thing that I thought was called wrong in the Packers favor. Aaron's forearm was down on that third and short play, and that was before the ball got even close to the first down marker. Forearm, like the elbow or the knee, is down. I felt like they should have been forced to settle for a field goal, thus making it 9-7 and therefore potentially negating that last play because Seattle got into FG position.

This is true. I feel I should point out one thing that I thought was called wrong in the Packers favor. Aaron's forearm was down on that third and short play, and that was before the ball got even close to the first down marker. Forearm, like the elbow or the knee, is down. I felt like they should have been forced to settle for a field goal, thus making it 9-7 and therefore potentially negating that last play because Seattle got into FG position.

No it wasn't, he had his hand down but that is all. That ball was extended past the 1st down when his knee touched. And that play should have never happened because Greg Jennings clearly had the ball inside the 1 when his foot touched out of bounds.

There were bad calls all game but anyone that thinks only those 3 calls at the end of game went in Seattle's favor is crazy. That PI on Chancellor was bullshit, but the Packers most likely pin Seattle deep with 11 minutes left. Did the Packers get away with holding? Yes but Seattle was holding Matthews constantly as well. Or how about that blatant cheap shot by Browner that the refs missed? There were horrible calls throughout the 2nd half, but 2 horrible ones that cost the Packers the game.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

No it wasn't, he had his hand down but that is all. That ball was extended past the 1st down when his knee touched. And that play should have never happened because Greg Jennings clearly had the ball inside the 1 when his foot touched out of bounds.

There were bad calls all game but anyone that thinks only those 3 calls at the end of game went in Seattle's favor is crazy. That PI on Chancellor was bullshit, but the Packers most likely pin Seattle deep with 11 minutes left. Did the Packers get away with holding? Yes but Seattle was holding Matthews constantly as well. Or how about that blatant cheap shot by Browner that the refs missed? There were horrible calls throughout the 2nd half, but 2 horrible ones that cost the Packers the game.

They didn't miss it Jennings retaliated and they had offsetting penalties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wBY-K8pCWE

They didn't miss it Jennings retaliated and they had offsetting penalties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wBY-K8pCWE

They never called the initial hit on Jennings though. The unsportsmanlike conduct calls are for what happened in the endzone.

Admittedly, I didn't keep track of the missed holds, sufficed to say both teams got away with a good bit in the trenches. Outside of that, here are the biggest calls I noticed (all in the second half, I believe):

- There was a missed PI on Earl Thomas early in the second half (first drive?)

- Horrendous PI call on Chancellor

- At the very least, I agree that the GB 3rd and short call was questionable

- A RTP penalty that was, in my opinion, not warranted at all (and also denied GB the potentially game-ending pick)

- The terrible PI call on Shields, when Rice, was obviously the guy doing the manhandling.

- And of course, the infamous Tate pushoff / TD call

Now, every call on here can be debated with shoulda/coulda/woulda aftermaths, EXCEPT for the last one. It clearly defined the end of the game, while the others did not.

• Upvote 1

I would like to know how much power the replay officials hold. I know that they are not replacements so I wanna know how they screwed this up. Or is it that they cannot actually overturn the call of simultaneous possession that the refs called?

I would like to know how much power the replay official holds. I know that they are not replacements so I wanna know how the screwed this up. Or is it that they cannot actually overturn the call of simultaneous possession that the refs called?

This confused me also, because as it happened, the announcers were saying it could not be overturned via replay. So what was the point of the review? Was this another example of the refs just not knowing what to do? Idk.

They never called the initial hit on Jennings though. The unsportsmanlike conduct calls are for what happened in the endzone.

Oh i see i saw the 2nd video where Jennings was talking and he said Browner apologized saying he saw Rodgers running but he did blind side Jennings.

To bad the call cost GB the game but there were questionable calls in Green Bay's favor also.

I want the regular refs back. But we can't be blaming Goodell for this like many people are. The owners of these teams are to blame. The Refs and the NFL will never ever get a deal done if the owners don't accept it. Goodell has to have the backing of the owners for a deal. Why anyone would ever blame Goodell is beyond me.

The owners are millionaires and are not easily embarrassed. As long as they still have attendance, sales and revenue they do not care who is officiating the games. Unless they see a dip in something I don't see why they would budge on their position with the regular refs from a business standpoint.

• Upvote 1

To bad the call cost GB the game but there were questionable calls in Green Bay's favor also.

I want the regular refs back. But we can't be blaming Goodell for this like many people are. The owners of these teams are to blame. The Refs and the NFL will never ever get a deal done if the owners don't accept it. Goodell has to have the backing of the owners for a deal. Why anyone would ever blame Goodell is beyond me.

The owners are millionaires and are not easily embarrassed. As long as they still have attendance, sales and revenue they do not care who is officiating the games. Unless they see a dip in something I don't see why they would budge on their position with the regular refs from a business standpoint.

Agreed that this isn't Goodell's fault. I imagine he feels like a guy trying to put out a forest fire with a garden hose. As for the owners, I would truly be surprised if sales don't start getting affected. Whether it makes a big enough dent to snap them out of it is beyond me. Doubtful is my guess, though.

Heres my take on all this. The calls were offsetting thruout the whole game. The ONLY call that was the problem was the final one. Seattle had bullshit calls called on them on defense that gave GB they TD. And then GB had karma on ball calls that final drive. We all know GB had bull calls on that drive. However watching the replay and announcers saying as the final play was going on, Mike T said basically, who has the ball? AT THAT POINT it was close. We didnt know as well the announcers. Only when Jennings came down with it did we see oh its a pick. Yes it was a blown call, Packers got cheated.

Herm Edwards said it best 5 mins ago. INSTEAD of talking about how great both teams played, and how good Seattles defense played, we are talking about the officals. Players and coaches arent being professional about the refs. They are bullying them and getting out of hand, that doesnt help any cause. The refs need to take control of the game. If a player wont shut up on a call, and he gets in the refs face or touches him in any forceful manner, eject him. Gain respect. If the players and coaches KNOW the refs wont have it, they will get back in line. Sure they may not agree but at that point they know, ok they mean biddness now.

ATL and Den game, the NE and Bmore game, and last nights game, are showing the refs dont have control. They are deer in headlights at big moments. If this doesnt show we need the regular refs back nothing will, PERIOD. Now i still think even the regular refs would have had a hard time calling that last play. It was close until you reviewed it. After review im sure they would have reversed it. But these new refs, imagine, having to change the GW TD in FRONT OF SEATTLE, they woulda booed em and they know they would have had it from them. It would have been the right call but its tough on them.

These refs arent all to blame, the NFL, the coaches and players all have a take in the blame. Everyone isnt doing the right thing or job to make this the NFL we are used too. Before this honestly, calls were costing games. NOT LIKE THIS on a FINAL CALL, but calls that add up to a team being fucked over and we all ignored it. Bad calls in the final moments or big moments do happen with the old refs. So its not like everything is going to be ok after the regulars come back BUT, they will command respect on the field and THATS the difference.

There's no denying we will go back to bitching about bad calls from time to time by the old refs when they finally return. But their in-depth knowledge of rules and tempo are sorely missed, and will once again be appreciated.

Herm Edwards said it best 5 mins ago. INSTEAD of talking about how great both teams played, and how good Seattles defense played, we are talking about the officals. Players and coaches arent being professional about the refs. They are bullying them and getting out of hand, that doesnt help any cause. The refs need to take control of the game. If a player wont shut up on a call, and he gets in the refs face or touches him in any forceful manner, eject him. Gain respect. If the players and coaches KNOW the refs wont have it, they will get back in line. Sure they may not agree but at that point they know, ok they mean biddness now.

I'm talking about the entire game here not just one play: officiating was horrible.

And having the refs take control of the game won't do anything, dude. They CANNOT take control of the game because they do not know the rules well enough. Like Phins said: the old refs made bad calls, but they knew the rules. These guys just do not. The players and coaches absolutely have the right to bitch at these refs. If they do a horrible job and completely blow a call what are we supposed to do? "Aww, it's okay. don't worry. It's not like you're a professional or anything so we'll let you off the hook." No absolutely not. That didn't happen with the old refs and it certainly won't happen now. They'll get fined, yeah, but these guys certainly aren't going to be respected. I didn't watch the Patriots game but if they got boned by refs like I've been hearing then that's at least two games this week that have been altered by the officiating crews.

People telling the PLAYERS and COACHES to get in line? Why not get these bonehead referees in line? I supported them until now, until I saw a game when they clearly fucked up majorly.

These replacements will not get any respect from anybody if they continue like this. It's only a matter of time until this shit happens again, unfortunately.

ATL and Den game, the NE and Bmore game, and last nights game, are showing the refs dont have control. They are deer in headlights at big moments. If this doesnt show we need the regular refs back nothing will, PERIOD. Now i still think even the regular refs would have had a hard time calling that last play. It was close until you reviewed it. After review im sure they would have reversed it. But these new refs, imagine, having to change the GW TD in FRONT OF SEATTLE, they woulda booed em and they know they would have had it from them. It would have been the right call but its tough on them.

How can you officiate a PROFESSIONAL football game if you can't make the right call because it's "tough on you" because you'll get booed? Being scared to take control or to get harassed because of a call means you cannot be a referee in this league because it will happen to every referee, replacement or not, multiple times a game.

I understand what you're saying and I'm sure it's intimidating for them and I know you aren't supporting them because of that, but it's bullshit imo. Letting the crowd influence your decision? Fuck that shit.

Edited by badgers
  • Upvote 1

This confused me also, because as it happened, the announcers were saying it could not be overturned via replay. So what was the point of the review? Was this another example of the refs just not knowing what to do? Idk.

In the NFL's statement, they said that this was incorrect, that the call can be changed since the play occurred in the end-zone, that this is only not the case if the foul occurs outside of the end-zone.

czn4UHa2qUizmaQX7Zydtg2.jpg

ROFL.

This game was ridiculous. Entirely too many terrible calls and then the end just put it over the top. I'm really glad I got to see the last play I was at a bar with my friend and when Seattle turned it over on 4th and 3 in the Red Zone we left like "eh, GB won. Oh well". haha boy was I wrong.

I'm talking about the entire game here not just one play: officiating was horrible.

And having the refs take control of the game won't do anything, dude. They CANNOT take control of the game because they do not know the rules well enough. Like Phins said: the old refs made bad calls, but they knew the rules. These guys just do not. The players and coaches absolutely have the right to bitch at these refs. If they do a horrible job and completely blow a call what are we supposed to do? "Aww, it's okay. don't worry. It's not like you're a professional or anything so we'll let you off the hook." No absolutely not. That didn't happen with the old refs and it certainly won't happen now. They'll get fined, yeah, but these guys certainly aren't going to be respected. I didn't watch the Patriots game but if they got boned by refs like I've been hearing then that's at least two games this week that have been altered by the officiating crews.

People telling the PLAYERS and COACHES to get in line? Why not get these bonehead referees in line? I supported them until now, until I saw a game when they clearly fucked up majorly.

These replacements will not get any respect from anybody if they continue like this. It's only a matter of time until this shit happens again, unfortunately.

How can you officiate a PROFESSIONAL football game if you can't make the right call because it's "tough on you" because you'll get booed? Being scared to take control or to get harassed because of a call means you cannot be a referee in this league because it will happen to every referee, replacement or not, multiple times a game.

I understand what you're saying and I'm sure it's intimidating for them and I know you aren't supporting them because of that, but it's bullshit imo. Letting the crowd influence your decision? Fuck that shit.

Oh im not supporting em im just saying thats what something THEY think of im sure. Facing a hostile crowd isnt on these guys list lol. And yeah the old refs still will fuck some games up at certain times but at least they will have control and knowledge of the rules yeah id agree with that no doubt.

petey.gif

Troll so hard.

That son of a bitch pisses me off so much.

As far as the last call of the game, it was a missed call. No doubt about it. I cringe at the thought of the referees costing a team a game, but if it has to happen, I'm glad it was Green Bay.

Edited by WindyCitySports
  • Upvote 1

That son of a bitch pisses me off so much.

Glad I am not the only one... I think the guy is the scum of the Earth. And yes, that was my opinion wayyyy before this game happened.

Glad I am not the only one... I think the guy is the scum of the Earth. And yes, that was my opinion wayyyy before this game happened.