Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

General Election 2012 Thread

In perspective, a lot of candidates don't like releasing this information. Bush didn't want anyone seeing his... Probably for grade reasons. And the fact the he got in, probably, because of his daddy. lol.

It's not like it's unprecedented.

However, I think it's incredibly stupid for the Obama campaign to kill Romney over his tax work when they, themselves, are so mysterious. It's a joke. Even if they do get released, they are probably going to be edited, forged, altered, or changed in some way.

That there is why he isn't gonna bother releasing them. If he does Trump and the rest of the conspiracy people will just say they're faked. Most notably since he already released his birth certificate.

That there is why he isn't gonna bother releasing them. If he does Trump and the rest of the conspiracy people will just say they're faked. Most notably since he already released his birth certificate.

You can say the same thing about Romney's taxes. In fact, it has already been said in this thread. DOn't act like that result is by one group or one set of people. That's stupid, and ignorant.

But Romney has released his taxes and I haven't heard anyone call them fake.

Obama's BC isn't fake either, it was just made to look as real as possible.

Yay wording!

Guest Phailadelphia

He's looking for evidence that Obama was let in as a foreign exchange student.

And I can honestly see no other reason why Obama would refuse to release them.

Why would the leader of the free world stoop to an idiot's level? Especially some rich asshole that is completely irrelevant in the world of politics.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Why would the leader of the free world stoop to an idiot's level? Especially some rich asshole that is completely irrelevant in the world of politics.

Oh I'm not saying he should release them because Trump asked him to. I just don't understand why he's made such a big deal out of releasing them.

Its just that all presidents have done this, and it's just odd that he is so much against doing so if there is nothing in there.

Edited by Thanatos19

Try being as completely unbiased as you can here. If this were on the opposite foot you would say you smell a rat in the Oval Office would you not ? Now I am not saying they are going to b incriminating or that they are fake or what have you, all I am saying is I find it a little strange that if you had nothing to hid and could silence your critics, why would you not ?

Especially now with that being one of the main things that most republicans are playing against you. If he released them lets say the day before the election than he would sure grab headlines the night before which might be enough to win some swing states. Or even if he did it now.

Personally I think that he is a natural born citizen and that he is who he says he is. However I think it is time to stop playing this, " I am a liberal therefore smarter and will rise above the musings of you less educated people (by whom they mean everybody who is not a democrat) " facade. That is what I hate about the democrats the most is that if you don't agree with them then they are clearly smarter than you. BULLSHIT.

I love how they like to talk about how the Republicans are so stupid and that there is no way that anybody is on the same level of intellect as these pompous windbags who are just as apt to screw the hardworking common man they just like to put a polite spin on it instead of saying what it really is. This is not to say the republicans don't have their faults but at least they are not trying to parade around their IQ results like they have a 12 inch dick.

When the election first started I really had no party affiliations and still don't but after this election I can honestly say I hate democrats more than I hate republicans because the republicans are the less whiny and needy party. This is not to say i like them because truth be told I hate them about one rung below democrats, it is just through the course of this election they have been far easier to bear and less arrogant than the democrats.

Listening to the debates has just furthered my hatred for both parties. No matter how you say it both have basically the same ideas and they like to say they coined both changing a few nuances here and there and then saying it is the better than the other parties plan. It is the same sorry shithole with a different color toilet seat. The American people are giving a choice between cock and cake and it seems like both parties are all out of cake. It is pathetic and a putrid excuse for democracy that these are the two choices we are going to be left with. HOOOOO fuckin RAY for us. God damn it.

The first paragraph was my original intent however the more I thought about it the more I realized how fucked we really are and how much I cant stand either party.

Also it is important to not that this is not aimed at you phail. Like I said the first paragraph was my intention and that part is for you. The rest is just a spurt of the moment rant that can be taken however by whoever.

END RANT\.

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Upvote 2

Pretty cool "prank."

Edited by Thanatos19

Guest Phailadelphia

Try being as completely unbiased as you can here. If this were on the opposite foot you would say you smell a rat in the Oval Office would you not ? Now I am not saying they are going to b incriminating or that they are fake or what have you, all I am saying is I find it a little strange that if you had nothing to hid and could silence your critics, why would you not ?

Especially now with that being one of the main things that most republicans are playing against you. If he released them lets say the day before the election than he would sure grab headlines the night before which might be enough to win some swing states. Or even if he did it now.

Personally I think that he is a natural born citizen and that he is who he says he is. However I think it is time to stop playing this, " I am a liberal therefore smarter and will rise above the musings of you less educated people (by whom they mean everybody who is not a democrat) " facade. That is what I hate about the democrats the most is that if you don't agree with them then they are clearly smarter than you. BULLSHIT.

I love how they like to talk about how the Republicans are so stupid and that there is no way that anybody is on the same level of intellect as these pompous windbags who are just as apt to screw the hardworking common man they just like to put a polite spin on it instead of saying what it really is. This is not to say the republicans don't have their faults but at least they are not trying to parade around their IQ results like they have a 12 inch dick.

When the election first started I really had no party affiliations and still don't but after this election I can honestly say I hate democrats more than I hate republicans because the republicans are the less whiny and needy party. This is not to say i like them because truth be told I hate them about one rung below democrats, it is just through the course of this election they have been far easier to bear and less arrogant than the democrats.

Listening to the debates has just furthered my hatred for both parties. No matter how you say it both have basically the same ideas and they like to say they coined both changing a few nuances here and there and then saying it is the better than the other parties plan. It is the same sorry shithole with a different color toilet seat. The American people are giving a choice between cock and cake and it seems like both parties are all out of cake. It is pathetic and a putrid excuse for democracy that these are the two choices we are going to be left with. HOOOOO fuckin RAY for us. God damn it.

The first paragraph was my original intent however the more I thought about it the more I realized how fucked we really are and how much I cant stand either party.

Also it is important to not that this is not aimed at you phail. Like I said the first paragraph was my intention and that part is for you. The rest is just a spurt of the moment rant that can be taken however by whoever.

END RANT\.

Most of the things Trump is trying to get Obama to admit he's already admitted in a book he wrote almost 20 years ago. Trump just wants to bring all that bullshit back to the forefront. It's nothing but political posturing by an idiot. My bet is if it had no bearing on the election he genuinely wouldn't give a shit.

Most of the things Trump is trying to get Obama to admit he's already admitted in a book he wrote almost 20 years ago. Trump just wants to bring all that bullshit back to the forefront. It's nothing but political posturing by an idiot. My bet is if it had no bearing on the election he genuinely wouldn't give a shit.

Again which is what irritates the hell out of me. When he wrote dreams of my father nobody questioned hi nationality and was even introduced as being the first African American Harvard Law Review on several television and radio shows.

So he has all this evidence written 20 years ago before the inquisition with even some of his professors giving interviews on several media outlets FROM HARVARD. And now he cant take the 30 seconds in an interview it would take to point that out. Fuck him and his, " I shall rise above this." mentality. If my boss asks me to prove I am an American citizen then I have to answer him no matter what. And make no mistake WE are his boss.

I am really irritates that he has a lot of policies I agree with but he is so nonchalant about getting re-elected as if he does not give a shit. If he is not willing to fight tooth and nail for it, what makes me believe he will do it for me ? It is just maddening to me.

EDIT: I read the book, and it is a good read if anybody chooses too and it is only about 10 bucks.

Guest Phailadelphia

Again which is what irritates the hell out of me. When he wrote dreams of my father nobody questioned hi nationality and was even introduced as being the first African American Harvard Law Review on several television and radio shows.

So he has all this evidence written 20 years ago before the inquisition with even some of his professors giving interviews on several media outlets FROM HARVARD. And now he cant take the 30 seconds in an interview it would take to point that out. Fuck him and his, " I shall rise above this." mentality. If my boss asks me to prove I am an American citizen then I have to answer him no matter what. And make no mistake WE are his boss.

I am really irritates that he has a lot of policies I agree with but he is so nonchalant about getting re-elected as if he does not give a shit. If he is not willing to fight tooth and nail for it, what makes me believe he will do it for me ? It is just maddening to me.

EDIT: I read the book, and it is a good read if anybody chooses too and it is only about 10 bucks.

Politicking =/= your boss asking you at work to prove your citizenship. Entirely different situation.

Politicking =/= your boss asking you at work to prove your citizenship. Entirely different situation.

SO because he is a politician he no longer has to be accountable to anybody ? I would think he would have to be accountable to us at least. But then again I guess he is above the law. How is it different ? I have people I have to answer to and so should he.

And you right we are different because I have to tell the truth and he gets to hide it. Again I dont think he is an alien however I think when asked he should have to provide some sort of answer instead of just getting to brush it off because he can take the intellectual high ground.

Guest Phailadelphia

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-25/the-presidential-candidate-who-would-destroy-the-economy.html

Johnson '12. Woo!

SO because he is a politician he no longer has to be accountable to anybody ? I would think he would have to be accountable to us at least. But then again I guess he is above the law. How is it different ? I have people I have to answer to and so should he.

And you right we are different because I have to tell the truth and he gets to hide it. Again I dont think he is an alien however I think when asked he should have to provide some sort of answer instead of just getting to brush it off because he can take the intellectual high ground.

It's different because it's purely politics, not because he isn't accountable to the American people.

If he was accountable TO US, THE PEOPLE. He wouldn't be afraid to talk about the failures of his first four years and drill into our brains that we need to move forward. Words of a coward, and a failure.

Move on.

Interesting stat: Barack Obama is the first President in American history to be re-elected by a smaller majority than he was first elected (in the Electoral College and popular vote).

Now that the general election is over, let me just say that it's been a pleasure debating political issues with all of you. (Yes, even you, Phail.) I think this election season has been just the latest example of the quality discussion we have on TGP. I enjoy talking issues with an informed electorate, and the fact that the young guns on this board are so politically aware, regardless of their positions, bodes well for this country's future, IMO.

Anyway, let's keep this subforum alive. If we avoid the fiscal cliff in January (meaning there won't be anything to talk about), I may throw up some generic debate threads for certain political issues, just to stir the pot and get a debate going. :yep:

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

<3

I'd like to see this forum stay active as well. I'll do my best to keep it active, starting with the fiscal cliff thread I created today.

• Upvote 1

Wake up, Republicans!

I agree with her in that the Republicans are need to open their eyes, but not with all of what she said.

Guest Phailadelphia

Wake up, Republicans!

I agree with her in that the Republicans are need to open their eyes, but not with all of what she said.

I was going to type out a long rant about the GOP's absurdity this election cycle, but this guy does basically the same thing but more eloquently: http://noahpinionblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/asian-americans-destroy-makertaker.html

Edited by Phailadelphia

I don't want anyone who says "as if anyone cares about [israel}" to act like he speaks for Jewish people.