Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Ahmadinejad: "The enemy destroys the clouds"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48989419/ns/weather/t/ahmadinejad-says-enemies-destroy-irans-rain-clouds-reports/#.UGDbeK6Pe8A

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has accused his country's enemies of enacting a sinister plan to create a drought by somehow destroying the rain clouds before they reach Iran, several Iranian websites reported on Tuesday.

Well-known for his anti-American and anti-Israeli rhetoric, Ahmadinejad has made similar remarks before and last year accused the West of devising a plot to cause drought in the Islamic republic.

"The enemy destroys the clouds that are headed towards our country and this is a war Iran will win," Ahmadinejad said on Monday, according to several websites including the BBC's Persian-language site and www.snn.ir.

Iran has one of the world's driest climates and officials have warned that a severe lack of rainfall in parts of the country has created drought-like conditions.

Ahmadinejad has courted controversy in the past, not least by denying that the Nazi Holocaust - in which six million Jews were killed - ever happened, a stance that drew furious criticism from politicians across the globe.

The Iranian authorities have repeatedly accused the West of hatching plots to undermine Islamic leadership.

Iran is also at odds with the United States and its allies over its disputed nuclear program which the West fears is aimed at developing nuclear weapons. Tehran denies its program has any military dimension.

Oh Mahmoud, you so silly.

This motherfucker will not be content until he draws us into another war.

It is particularly sad because he does not allow his people to see what is going out in the rest of the world so most of them buy into this shit. Not to mention that a lot of them are just really not educated enough to understand these concepts anyway.

He is on some personal crusade to draw us into war and I really cannot surmise his endgame because he would not win. I am thinking it is a sleight of hands thing to keep us occupied in Iran while something is happening elsewhere or maybe it is as simple as just trying to bankrupt us economically and seeing what kind of fall out occurs.

• Upvote 1

We've been harnessing the ability to control the weather for years now...

Except the US has it's own drought problems right now, and Iran is in the fucking desert.

As a weather guy who just came back from SWA, this is fucking hilarious...

This dude is bat shit insane.

Insane enough to draw us into another war within the next 5 years.

This dude is bat shit insane.

Insane enough to draw us into another war within the next 5 years.

We do a good enough job of that ourselves.

For the 2008 Olympics, China had 30 airplanes, 4,000 rocket launchers, and 7,000 anti-aircraft guns to stop rain. Each system would shoot various chemicals into any threatening clouds to shrink rain drops before they reach the stadium

I have no proof if what Ahmadinejad is saying is true.. I am not sure if we or any other nation is using this kind of warfare on Iran... But, the technology IS there. The ability to do the things he is claiming ARE there.

We do a good enough job of that ourselves.

I have no proof if what Ahmadinejad is saying is true.. I am not sure if we or any other nation is using this kind of warfare on Iran... But, the technology IS there. The ability to do the things he is claiming ARE there.

No argument that the tech is there, but I think to create a drought on the scale Iran is experiencing, the enemy presence would be noticed. Pretty sure proximity has to be pretty close to have an impact.

Honestly, it's just dry as shit out there. Climate change is a bitch, and it's punishing SWA. I know for certain the mountains get plenty of storms, because in the late spring they would spill over into western Afghanistan and give us a forecasting nightmare.

• Upvote 1

Less than three months.

No argument that the tech is there, but I think to create a drought on the scale Iran is experiencing, the enemy presence would be noticed. Pretty sure proximity has to be pretty close to have an impact.

Honestly, it's just dry as shit out there. Climate change is a bitch, and it's punishing SWA. I know for certain the mountains get plenty of storms, because in the late spring they would spill over into western Afghanistan and give us a forecasting nightmare.

I am just not sure that in the last 20 years, some of the largest targets and enemies of the United States have had massive fluctuations in weather patterns.

North Korea has had numerous cycles of historically dry droughts followed by extreme flooding. Their farmlands were practically wiped off the map. We are talking about the worst drought the country had seen in 100 years followed up by a few months later by the worst flooding they have seen in a century. Average rainfall of 20mm saw torrential rains of over 400mm in a 12 hour span. MILLIONS have died since because of the destruction that was caused.

Same thing happened in Cuba... where they have seen droughts on and off, and finally recorded the worst in recorded history, which was promptly followed up by a massive hurricane and torrential rains.

Afghanistan saw 3 consecutive years of their worst drought EVER, resulting in nation-wide famine right before we invaded back in 2001 in which afterwards we produced a shit load of GM Wheat and fertilizer in which we sent over.

Syria and Iran have also been effected in the past, but to a less severe degree.

My guess?

It won't be too long (relatively speaking) until we are at war, yet again.

I can't speak to all of those but most people believe the issues with north Korea are because they built a huge dam that flooded a ton of the best farmland and is most likely the cause of the current floods.

I can't speak to all of those but most people believe the issues with north Korea are because they built a huge dam that flooded a ton of the best farmland and is most likely the cause of the current floods.

There isn't just one dam, there are 3 or 4 IIRC. And yes, some of the surrounding farm land was destroyed and is definitely a contributing factor in the famine. However, dams don't control the weather. Or at least... I don't believe they do.