Vin

Saints @ Bucs

It's time for us to come through and force OT. I believe! LET'S GO!

What a dirty call at the end of the game, I'm not sure if that's to the letter, but just an awful feeling for Bucs fans and the team in general.

What a dirty call at the end of the game, I'm not sure if that's to the letter, but just an awful feeling for Bucs fans and the team in general.

I could have sworn if you were forced out of bounds you could reestablish yourself in the field and catch a pass, unfortunately it's not easy to look up the NFL rules so I can't verify that

For some reason, I have a bad feeling about this game though. I feel like we lose in a heartbreaking way.

sad.gif

Don't even want to talk about the game right now. Got a 4 hour drive back to school, then I'll post my thoughts.

A receiver running a downfield pattern can not intentionally go out of bounds and then come back into the field of play to catch the football. If this occurs, the catch will be negated by the official, who will call a penalty for illegal touching. However, if the receiver gets bumped out of bounds by a defender, he can re-establish his field position by getting back into the field of play as quickly as possible. He must also step in bounds with both feet before he catches the pass. The official must determine that the receiver was indeed shoved out of bounds, and that he got back into the field of play as fast as he possibly could.

Air appears to be correct.

Edited by Thanatos19

Fuck those refs man. We would have gone to OT, but no, fuck them, and their bullshit call. If you are pushed/forced out of bounds, you should have the right to come back into the play...

Fucking bullshit.

Wow we got fucked.

Can't even begin to describe how I felt after that last play.

can we bring back the replacement refs?

:troll:

I just got back to school, so do we know if the call at the end of the game was right or not?

Either way, I can't blame the refs for this loss. This one is on Sheridan, our secondary and Sully's playcalling after V-Jax's 95 yard catch, And even though I hate him and still think he sucks and is a dirty player, props to Malcom Jenkins for not giving up on that play and tackling V-Jax. That play ended up winning the game for the Saints.

But that shouldn't have won the game for the Saints. Thanks to Sully's fucking retarded playcalling (he was actually really good the rest of the game) it did though. 3 runs up the gut with Blount when you know our short yardage running game is not good? Really? Freeman just had a 95 yard completion and was playing good the whole game. Let him throw the fucking ball and let him rollout so he has options. Speaking of rollouts, the 4th down rollout had me throwing my remote. What an awful, awful playcall. No options to throw on a rollout on 4th down? Are you serious? Don't know what Sully was thinking on this drive because he called a great game other than that, but it cost us the game.

Sheridan continued to rush 3 against Brees and we continually got beat by it. You can't rush 3 guys against a QB as good as Drew Brees. You just can't. If he has time, he'll pick a defense apart. Sheridan didn't seem to realize this until the 4th quarter and the Saints took advantage of it in the 1st 3 quarters.

The secondary played like shit. Even though our pass rush wasn't too good, they didn't even have much time to get to Brees. Brees was getting rid of the ball quick and our secondary wasn't covering well. In the 2nd quarter there were 3 or 4 huge miscommunications that led to big plays and got the Saints back into the game. Completely unacceptable. They got better in the 2nd half, but the 1st half was garbage. Reminded me of last year.

• Upvote 1

The sad thing is that nobody gives a fuck about that last call unlike that Packers-Seahawks call..It's the same kind of mistake..

• Upvote 1

VJax not able to get into the endzone hurt (even though he was playing with a calf issue) and then the dumb ass play calling on the GL running three straight times and THEN deciding to do a play action rollout on forth down. Was so obvious and predictable.

That was the HUGE turning point in the game. Up to that, and even after that, series it it was great play calling (from my perspective) the rest of the game. Was a damn shame. Our DBs miscommunication issues continued and Brees made us pay all day long. Was a fucking shame. We couldn't have started off that game any better than we did.

If, if, if, if, but, but, but...regardless it's over...it sucks and it hurt A LOT...but we lost...on to the next one....

Edited by BucD

The sad thing is that nobody gives a fuck about that last call unlike that Packers-Seahawks call..It's the same kind of mistake..

Truth, you could make the argument that the Seahawks call got more attention because it was primetime, but that shouldn't keep ESPN from spotting it, and it was about the only game still going on at that point so anybody who was watching football yesterday afternoon had probably switched over to that game. To me the call on this play was much worse than the call in the Packers-Seahawks game, at least in that one it was an ambiguous call that the rules explicitly leave to the ref's discretion. To me, the only differences are that the regular refs called this one and the team that was supposed to win left the field with a win, but either reason is equally unacceptable to explain such a difference in response.

EDIT: actually, this article from SI provides a good analysis: http://nfl.si.com/20...-bay/?eref=sihp

that article states the rule as follows:

It is a foul for illegal touching if a forward pass (legal or illegal), thrown from behind the line of scrimmage:

(a) is first touched intentionally or is caught by an ineligible offensive player; or

(b) first touches or is caught by an eligible receiver who has gone out of bounds, either of his own volition or by being legally forced out of bounds, and has re-established himself inbounds.

I'm not sure whether that rule or the one Thanatos quoted is right, but I'm inclined to believe SI (sorry Thanatos) and based on that, it looks like the call was actually correct because the force out was from legal contact because Freeman was out of the pocket (more contact from defenders is allowed in that situation) Whether or not that should be the rule (which I don't think it should) is an entirely different question, based on that SI article I'm actually inclined to agree with the call

Edited by oochymp

Yep. And I KNEW this would happen.

I knew these refs, who fucking SUCK and aren't much better than the replacements, would fuck up a game this season and no one would say a word about it. I said this would happen right when I heard these assholes were coming back because I've seen them fuck up games multiple times It didn't happen to one of ESPN's butt buddy teams like the Packers and it was the regular refs who screwed up so they didn't even mention it being the wrong call on ESPN.

This call has gotten hardly any publicity and it was a similar mistake to the Packers/Seahawks call at the end of the game where ESPN threw a fucking week long fit saying how bad they feel for the Packers for losing a game. ESPN doesn't even fucking mention this call. The media really is a complete joke.

And agreed with Buc, Sully's playcalling after V-Jax's 95 yard catch was one of the main reasons we lost.

Edited by GoodellFTL

Proof the last call of the game was wrong, Freeman was IN the pocket when the contact happened. :yep:

M0N55.jpg