housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

Yeah, you definitely haven't watched many OKC games. That's the most asinine assessment I've heard of Westbrook this year even through some very in-depth scouting reports.

My roommate is a huge OKC fan, and I have them on league pass, so your comment is false. I watch them all the time due to the fact they are the biggest speed-bump in the Spurs' path to the finals. Don't assume I don't watch his games just because you disagree with my analysis.

I have seen regression in his defense (off the ball) and his maturity. The biggest disturbance is the lack of growth in his maturity. His severe lack of consistency is still very alarming, as well.

Edited by The Admiral

Right, but that's just the Cavs trade. Lakers sent that pick to Phoenix for Nash if it falls in the lottery or if it doesn't, whatever pick the Lakers end up with after swapping.

Too many confusing trades in the NBA. Either trade the damn pick or keep.

How about Samuel Dalembert: 35 pts, 12 rebs, 17-21 FG. Crickey.

Pau Gasol with planter fascitis (sp)? I have had that before, extremely painful. Apparently he left the stadium on crutches.

Deron Williams has been this biggest fantasy bust for me this year. Thought he was going to explode.

Lakers should have seven in a row if they didn't blow that Suns game. Hopefully Gasol isn't out for a while because that'd be killer.

God.... Frank... Stop... This team is a mess again. Like, forreal this time. We need SVG after this season's over. Someone who can develop players, this guy's a joke.

Did Drummond get hurt or something?

Cavs are starting to gel (I hope), they have been much better after the trade. Helps that Irving is tearing shit up.

Nobody is playing worse than the Magic right now.

Excellent. :yep:

ESPNNBA The NBA on ESPN

Team Shaq for 2013 Rising Stars Challenge: Lillard, Irving, Drummond, K. Thompson, Barnes, Parsons, Waiters*, MKG, Zeller, Walker.

ESPNNBA The NBA on ESPN

Team Chuck for 2013 Rising Stars Challenge: A. Davis, Faried, Leonard, Beal, Rubio, T. Thompson, Vucevic, Knight, I. Thomas, Shved.

ESPNNBA The NBA on ESPN

Your Skills Challenge field: Jrue Holiday, Brandon Knight, Jeff Teague, Damian Lillard, Jeremy Lin, Tony Parker.

ESPNNBA The NBA on ESPN

Your 3-point shootout field: Ryan Anderson, Matt Bonner, Stephen Curry, Paul George, Kyrie Irving and Steve Novak.

ESPNNBA The NBA on ESPN

Your slam dunk contest field: Eric Bledsoe, Jeremy Evans, Kenneth Faried, Gerald Green, Terrence Ross and James White.

The ASW participants.

I believe the Celtics have now won 6 straight games since Rondo went out for the year....Hmmmm...I'm not buying that he was the problem. The role players are just now finally stepping it up.

Rondo is definitely not the problem. The Celtics win streak is partially due to the shitty teams they've been playing. The Miami win in OT was definitely a good one but other than that all the other teams they've faced were just meh. The Kings and Magic suck, the Clippers have been shit without CP3, Toronto is adjusting to their new lineup, and the Lakers look awful right now.

*sigh*. I really hate playing the Thunder. They just prove how completely inept we are all the time.

Everyone is just bad.

*sigh*. I really hate playing the Thunder. They just prove how completely inept we are all the time.

Everyone is just bad.

Only the Suns could make Perkins and Sefolosha look like offense-first players with 17 and 18 respectively, lol.

Also, Gortat didn't take a shot until there were less than six minutes left in the game, lmao.

And then there was this. Dear lord.

Guest Phailadelphia

Reporter: "KD, tonight the team had 127 points, shot 57.5% from the field, with 29 assists--"

KD: "We can be a lot better."

Boss. as. fuck.

Edit: This hasn't been posted yet (I don't think), but Andre Drummond has a fractured vertebrae and is out for a month. Bet you it comes from all the hard fouls he gets since he can't shoot FTs. The NBA is not a kind league.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Ya. I really don't know what Hunter is doing with the lineup. I know I am far from a NBA scholar, but it just baffles me.

Guest Phailadelphia

Ya. I really don't know what Hunter is doing with the lineup. I know I am far from a NBA scholar, but it just baffles me.

There's not much he can do with it. Talent beats scheme in almost every respect in the NBA...and the Suns have a serious talent glut.

There's not much he can do with it. Talent beats scheme in almost every respect in the NBA...and the Suns have a serious talent glut.

I agree to an extent.

We definitely need a star... A guy who can score at will. Which is why we went after Harden and Gordon. We will still bring in (or try to bring in) more of those type of names in the near future, you can count on that.

With that said, Luis Scola is being completely under used. He's been averaging under or about 20 minutes since Hunter took over. Gortat should not be attempting his first FG midway through the 4th.

There is this franchise-wide thought that Michael Beasley is the savior of the team. To be fair, he probably played better than anyone else tonight.. but I am talking over all.

Jermaine O'Neal is being completely under used. I don't care if he is a nut job, he has given us results when on the court.

Shannon Brown is under used... not saying he is a great player. But he brings energy to the game which we need desperately.

I don't know why the hell Luke Zeller is on this team. Same with Sebastian Telfair. Wastes of roster spots.

I understand we are about at that point where the young guys need to be getting minutes regardless of how good or bad they are, but it just gets really frustrating. I know we aren't super talented, but we are a better product than what we have shown on the court.

I am sure we will be going through yet another over haul this offseason.

Guest Phailadelphia

There is this franchise-wide thought that Michael Beasley is the savior of the team.

Oh...well I found your problem. lol

Oh...well I found your problem. lol

Yaaaaa. Sad thing is I was excited about the signing when it happened. But my Lord, he is so inconsistent. And both coaches we have had this year have pushed him to shoot more and more, and be THAT guy. Not gonna happen. Can't wait until he is gone. Wish we would just cut him now. If we are just going to give up on some of the older but better players in Scola and O'Neal to develop the young guys.. Go all the way. Stop wasting my time with Beasley. :yep:

Oh, and btw.. Not saying any kind of lineup tonight would have beaten the Thunder or even made it closer. More venting my frustration in general.

It's time I started to get into hockey. :p

Went to the Pistons/Spurs game. Really thought the Spurs were going to pull off the upset, but the Pistons were shooting LIGHTS OUT. Really impressed by that young team. Even though Duncan/Manu weren't playing I still thought the Spurs should have won but man, Greg Monroe is a BEAST.

Detroit has some great young pieces. Exciting times for Pistons fans who have had some pretty rough years lately. The fans at the game were awful, maybe the worst I have ever seen. Felt like there were as many Spurs fans as Pistons fans... and that's saying something. Quietest arena I have ever been in, which is pretty sad considering how amazing the Pistons were shooting the ball.

Tony Parker is really making his critics look like clowns. I hate how analysts keep saying how he in under-rated and such, but they are the ones under-rating him. Playing amazing.

Edited by The Admiral

Guest Phailadelphia

Went to the Pistons/Spurs game. Really thought the Spurs were going to pull off the upset

I'm confused.

Guest Phailadelphia

The Suns are pursuing a trade for Knicks' G Iman Shumpert.

I'm confused.

Spurs were really undermanned. For as bad as it may seem we are, them beating us could be considered an upset. I guess.

Anyway, pretty disapointed about Drummonds injury. Didn't seem too bad when it happened.