housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

I hate that argument so much. A ton of teams have had easy schedules in the history of the NBA. Only one other has won 27 in a row. Also here are some teams the Heat have beaten on this streak:

Rockets

Clippers

Thunder (road)

Chicago (road)

Memphis

Pacers

Those are some good teams, including a blowout of a top 3 team on the road (I know they beat the Thunder by only 10 but that game was not as close as the score).

You can dislike the heat, but you can't deny that this has been incredible (and will be even if they don't break 33).

Dude they've won 27 games in a row...you're bound to run into some shit teams along the way.

Oh i know no hate here. Im just saying though, these shit teams are wins before they even play though. No one expected the Magic or Bobcats to put an end to that streak.

The Wiz would be a legit above .500 team if Wall was healthy for the entire year... Putting that kinda statline against an elite defense is unreal. Looking forward to his game against Westbrook. :yep:

Oh i know no hate here. Im just saying though, these shit teams are wins before they even play though. No one expected the Magic or Bobcats to put an end to that streak.

But they aren't automatic wins. There aren't any in the NBA. Bad teams can and do beat good ones regularly. You can't find a single top team in the league that hasn't lost to some bad team. Heat lost to Detroit, Thunder lost to the Wizards etc.

But they aren't automatic wins. There aren't any in the NBA sports. Bad teams can and do beat good ones regularly. You can't find a single top team in the league that hasn't lost to some bad team. Heat lost to Detroit, Thunder lost to the Wizards etc.

Fixed. :yep:

If anything, it's those types of teams that are most likely to end the streak.

Edited by Maverick

Holy shit. I had given up hope that you'd come back to TGP. Good to see you, man.

And I fucking hope not. >_>

thanks man, feels good to be back.

Now, I am biased but why aren't the Pistons playing English much? He got some decent time today and played pretty well, but he's done that before and went back to DNP-Coaches Decision the next game. Its not like Detroit's season matters anymore. Give him a shot.

Fucking Celtics are annoying. 5 game losing streak was finally snapped but it looks like we are set to play either the Knicks or Heat in the first round. Going to make for some great TV ratings. :yep:

Anybody know why Goran Dragic isn't starting tonight?

Edited by BwareDWare94

Has Ian Mahinmi been throwing nasty dunks down all year? Two in the third quarter against Dallas tonight, and they were like early career McDyess or early career Amar'e quality. Just nasty.

I'm really starting to think that Indiana is the only team that has any legitimate shot at beating Miami in a 7 game series. I don't believe in OKC, SA, or LAC. New York and Brooklyn aren't that good. Indiana, I'm afraid, is our only hope.

I hate how top heavy the NBA is :(

In the playoffs Bulls don't take Miami. Indiana possibly if they play a perfect game just because of how physical they can be inside. May sound like a homer but I always feel like Boston can beat Miami in a 7 game series.

Any other East team will get worked by Miami in the playoffs.

Miami could realistically go 12-0 through the East. It's a sad thought, and it is unlikely, but it's very very possible.

Miami could realistically go 12-0 through the East. It's a sad thought, and it is unlikely, but it's very very possible.

I'm really starting to think that Indiana is the only team that has any legitimate shot at beating Miami in a 7 game series. I don't believe in OKC, SA, or LAC. New York and Brooklyn aren't that good. Indiana, I'm afraid, is our only hope.

I hate how top heavy the NBA is :(

No one is going to challenge the Heat. Not Indiana, not Chicago, not Boston.

Heat are going to coast to the Finals, and probably to the title, too. I usually tune in to the Finals, but I don't know if I'll even watch more than 2 games of playoff basketball this year. :laugh: Unwatchable, predictable garbage.

Really? I could see the Thunder or Spurs taking down the Heat. As for the East, only way the Heat don't win that is injuries.

• Downvote 1

Zack_of_Steel+ : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 PM) Nikola Pekovic would be an awesome player to replace Perkins with.

Zack_of_Steel+ : (29 March 2013 - 08:32 PM) Holy shit.

Now, I am biased but why aren't the Pistons playing English much? He got some decent time today and played pretty well, but he's done that before and went back to DNP-Coaches Decision the next game. Its not like Detroit's season matters anymore. Give him a shot.

I really have no idea what going through his Frank's head sometimes.

Anyway, Andre coming back last night for his first game in forever and he was a factor on everything but the glass. I'm really surprised by how far his offensive game is already...

It absolutely boggles the mind though how a guy with this great of a touch around the rim can be so bad on the FT line. I really hope it's just bad mechanics cause it's beyong crazy...

Tobias Harris with a 30 point, 11 rebound performance in a Magic win over the Wizards. Guy was a real steal in the JJ trade.

Scott Brooks is losing my trust by playing Fisher at all and leaving Reggie and Brewer on the bench as much as he has.

Really? I could see the Thunder or Spurs taking down the Heat. As for the East, only way the Heat don't win that is injuries.

lol, no. The Spurs are old as shit, and the Thunder simply aren't on the same level as the Heat.