housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

No lockout,no bullshit..NBA is here!

Regular season starts tomorrow with 3 games: Wizards vs Cavs, Celtics vs Heat(Go Celtics) and Mavs vs Lakers..This season should be a lot more exciting than the last one,with many interesting trades and stuff in the postseason..

Lot of interesting news before the opening day..Rotoworld.com has it all,I'll just post a couple..

Manu Ginobili (back) will not travel to New Orleans for the season opener and will be reevaluated on Thursday.

Uh oh. Ginobili has dealt with back spasms throughout his career, and while the Spurs were downplaying Manu's absence, it sounds like he could be dealing with something more serious than previously reported. We're concerned since he's being ruled out for the opener, and there is a very real possibility that he'll be out longer than that. Danny Green, Stephen Jackson and Kawhi Leonard should all see a boost in minutes with Ginobili sidelined.

Harrison Barnes will start at SF for the Warriors on opening night.

Mark Jackson gave the job to the rookie, rather than veteran Brandon Rush, despite concerns about Barnes' defense in an already-weak defensive unit. The fact that he's starting doesn't mean he's escaped a position battle, so don't reach for him as more than a flier in fantasy drafts.

Edited by housemd

I got lower bowl seats for the Magic season opener on Friday night, I'm pumped and it is the only light I have at the end of the tunnel for this terrible week lol.

New York Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire will miss at least the first six weeks of the season after re-injuring his surgically repaired left knee, according to league sources.

The news comes as a blow to the Knicks, who initially expected Stoudemire to return within two to three weeks after he ruptured a popliteal cyst behind the knee during the Knicks' exhibition game against Toronto on Oct. 19.

But after Stoudemire received a second opinion over the weekend from Dr. Thomas Carter, the Phoenix Suns team doctor, it was determined he would need more time to heal. Carter performed microfracture surgery on Stoudemire's left knee in 2005.

It is not clear whether Stoudemire will use the extra time off to have a procedure or for rest and rehab.

Stoudemire may be out between 6-8 weeks, according to two of the sources.

The Knicks, who open the season Thursday at Brooklyn, are expected to make an official announcement on Tuesday.

Stoudemire's knee problems are no surprise to many league officials. When he was a free agent in 2010, his history of knee injuries scared off most teams and only the Knicks were willing to offer him a five-year, $100 million contract. Because of the condition of his knees, the contract is uninsured.

Marc Stein's Power Rankings:

1. Miami Heat

2. San Antonio Spurs

3. Los Angeles Lakers

4. Boston Celtics

5. Oklahoma City Thunder

6. Los Angeles Clippers

7. Denver Nuggets

8. Indiana Pacers

9. Memphis Grizzlies

10. Utah Jazz

Complete rankings

29th? Blech, I'm telling you the Magic are not as bad as people make them out to be. We've got a decent core of vets and quality bigs. We aren't a playoff team, but I think we end up better than 29th. Not as if that helps us long term or anything.

I'm almost tempted to buy League Pass Broadband after the Harden trade.

1. Miami Heat

2. San Antonio Spurs

3. Los Angeles Lakers

4. Boston Celtics

5. Oklahoma City Thunder

6. Los Angeles Clippers

7. Denver Nuggets

8. Indiana Pacers

9. Memphis Grizzlies

10. Utah Jazz

Complete rankings

Jazz 10th? WTF? And where are the Bulls?

Anyway I am really pumped for this season to start even though we all know the Finals is going to be Miami vs LA.

Edited by BradyFan81

Anyway I am really pumped for this season to start even though we all know the Finals is going to be Miami vs LA.

Stein seems to like them so much..I guess Derrick Rose's injury is the reason they are not in top 10..

Reaslistic season awards predictions:

MVP: Andre Drummond

DPOY: Andre Drummond

MIP: Greg Monroe

ROY: Andre Drummond

COY: Lawrence Frank

Other possibility:

MVP: KD

DPOY: LBJ

MIP: Greg Monroe

ROY: Damian Lillard

COY: Rick Adelman

6th Man: Ray Allen

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Going to OKC's first game in San Antonio on Thursday! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1. Miami Heat

2. San Antonio Spurs

3. Los Angeles Lakers

4. Boston Celtics

5. Oklahoma City Thunder

6. Los Angeles Clippers

7. Denver Nuggets

8. Indiana Pacers

9. Memphis Grizzlies

10. Utah Jazz

Complete rankings

Celtics and Spurs better than the Thunder? LOL!

Kobe Bryant (strained and bruised foot) said his odds of playing on Tuesday are "85 percent."

Kobe will have some rust on his game after missing a full week of practice, but as long as he won't aggravate the injury he'll be on the court. Careful owners may choose to wait until closer to tip-off for confirmation before fixing Kobe in active lineups, but it seems like a safe bet that he'll play.

Bradley Beal will start for the Wizards on opening night, joining A.J. Price, Trevor Ariza, Trevor Booker and Emeka Okafor.

Okafor and Booker on the frontline was expected with Nene (foot) and Kevin Seraphin (calf) sidelined, but Beal will get the nod over Jordan Crawford to begin the season. Crawford's shoot-first mentality may be a better fit with the second unit as the Wizards look to get some production from the bench. Price will start while John Wall (knee) continues to recover, and Ariza will get the nod ahead of Martell Webster.

Bulls don't have a good outlook for this season.

Miami shooting like 60%... Craaaaazy.

By not knowing how to use Steve Nash and forgetting that you're supposed to MAKE foul shots.

Ya... I have no idea why they traded for Steve Nash. Granted, it's just one game... So I don't want to jump to conclusions or overreact, but.... I don't get it. lol

I like how they had Nash standing around most of the night instead of running the pick and roll. Freaking Gasol had more assists and so did Blake.

Worst of all was mike brown basically blaming Nash by saying that they allow Nash to overrule the play calls. If the point guard has to decide not to listen to the coaches on a play call in order for the offense to work, there are some issues.

Worst of all was mike brown basically blaming Nash by saying that they allow Nash to overrule the play calls. If the point guard has to decide not to listen to the coaches on a play call in order for the offense to work, there are some issues.

lol, Mike Brown is one of the worst coaches out there. He was so bad in Cleveland and I'm not sure why the Lakers hired him.

As for Nash, he needs the ball...like, all the time. I questioned how he could co-exsist with Kobe from day one. Now, they can still make it work, but not like this.

Guest Phailadelphia

God damn Harden was good tonight.

Looks like my fantasy team is going to excel now that Harden doesn't have Westbrook and Durant holding him back.

BEAST MODE INITIATED.

6 boards, 4 steals, a block, 12 assists, 37 points.

Hell. Yes.