housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

Mike Brown is one of those guys fitted for a cordinator or side coach spot, not a head coach. Good for defense but the man doesnt know how to run a team or a offense. If he doesnt change the offense up by the fourth week of play, hes gone... bank that.

I was quite impressed by all three of Houston's big acquisitions, especially Asik. He's not nearly as offensively inept as advertised, and he practically made Greg Monroe irrelevant. His defense makes this team tick, and I'm also wondering if we shouldn't start Greg Smith at the 4 after he played so well. Hopefully the injury he had isn't serious.

How in the flying fuck did none of these three--Terrence Jones, Royce White, and Donatas Motiejunas--see the floor? I fucking hate Kevin McHale with the fire of a thousand suns. The guy is stupid beyond stupid and should not be a head coach in this league. ARGH!

I saw some things I liked and some I didn't in the opener for the Suns. We got down early because our bench was DREADFUL. They picked it up later in the game though and we came back from 17 down (although, all for not as we still lost).

Dragic is awesome, I see flashes of Steve Nash in him every time he runs down the floor then under the basket. He's a better defender than Nash, but not nearly as gifted with his shot selection. Going right to the basket, he's golden and fearless. But when he has to spot up and hit a jumper, I usually cringe.

Our big men, Beasely, Gortat, and Scola really need to post up and dominate inside the paint. They don't fight for boards nearly as much as they should. We should dominate the glass in most games, IMO, unless we are facing a true and true center like Hibbert.

Also way too many turnovers and a general lack of care for the ball.

Overall, we are pretty average. lol. Just like always.

I saw some things I liked and some I didn't in the opener for the Suns. We got down early because our bench was DREADFUL. They picked it up later in the game though and we came back from 17 down (although, all for not as we still lost).

Dragic is awesome, I see flashes of Steve Nash in him every time he runs down the floor then under the basket. He's a better defender than Nash, but not nearly as gifted with his shot selection. Going right to the basket, he's golden and fearless. But when he has to spot up and hit a jumper, I usually cringe.

Our big men, Beasely, Gortat, and Scola really need to post up and dominate inside the paint. They don't fight for boards nearly as much as they should. We should dominate the glass in most games, IMO, unless we are facing a true and true center like Hibbert.

Also way too many turnovers and a general lack of care for the ball.

Overall, we are pretty average. lol. Just like always.

Dragic is a fine three point shooter when he receives a pass, it seems. I miss him already and wish Houston would have signed him instead of Lin.

Guest Phailadelphia

The Lakers look awful. lolMikeBrown.

Houston had something going with Lowry/Dragic, I don't know why they blew it up for Linsanity.

At least they managed to get Harden, that should give them a decent future.

Dragic is a fine three point shooter when he receives a pass, it seems. I miss him already and wish Houston would have signed him instead of Lin.

I am not talking threes. He's fine for a 3 here and there. It's just that not enough of his shots drop. I am sure it won't be like that all year, it was just one game after all. And he will get better every day. There nobody else in the league I would rather have than Dragic taking over for Nash. Like I said before, when he has the ball and runs the length of the court, I see Steve Nash all over again.

Needs a little more time, but he's gonna be very very good. Already is pretty darn good. lol He has more energy and fight than any other player on the court, and that's awesome.

Both Lowry and Dragic outplayed Lin in game 1. While Lin wasn't bad by any stretch, I expect this pattern to continue. Rockets failed big time, IMO in this regard.

Why we traded Dragic away for Aaron damn Brooks to begin with baffles me. lol

I remember Aaron Brooks looked like a stud at one point. He's fallen off the map to the point of just being a guy capable of giving you a solid offensive night occasionally.

Aaron Brooks doesn't exist in my world. He is dead to me.

I feel the same about nearly every player who has played in Orlando over the past 5 years or so except for Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick, Rashard Lewis, Courtney Lee and Ryan Anderson.

Haha. I missed that watching the game last night.

The Pistons might somehow be worse this year then we were last year. There is no flow on this team. SOMEBODY MAKE A PLAY!!!

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

15 - 2 run for Phoenix to take the lead at HALF. Yaaaa! :rock:

James Harden hit 73% of his shots from the field tonight and finished with 45 points... Can he keep this up?

James Harden hit 73% of his shots from the field tonight and finished with 45 points... Can he keep this up?

IDT he can sustain it, but he's gonna average over 25 points for the rest of the season IMO.

Our offense is so awful. Its painful to watch. OMG.

He's just playing like he has something to prove...

Rodney Stuckey needs to play better.

Just wait until Harden starts having his 2-11 or worse nights. :yep:

Thunder looked a lot better tonight, but Ibaka's jumper is just the slightest bit off. Lamb came in for the final minute of the game and dropped his first NBA bucket from way behind the arch. Martin played really well tonight, imo and his defense actually looked pretty good.

Guys are allowed an off game. Hell, Russell Westbrook has 40 such games a year.

3 - 25. Woot!

I had an awesome time at the Magic opener tonight. Great seats, great performance by the Magic and I ended up getting on TV lol.