housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

Just wait until Harden starts having his 2-11 or worse nights. :yep:

Thunder looked a lot better tonight, but Ibaka's jumper is just the slightest bit off. Lamb came in for the final minute of the game and dropped his first NBA bucket from way behind the arch. Martin played really well tonight, imo and his defense actually looked pretty good.

Yeah, he's getting people too excited, I think. I expect him to average around 25, but Lin needs to keep scoring and hopefully tonight was an indication of what Marcus Morris can do. We need at least three consistent scorers.

I'm waiting for Chandler Parsons to get going on offense. He's looked horrible at that end in the first two games.

I was really impressed by how Patrick Patterson defended Smoove tonight. Granted, Josh Smith is very limited if you stay in front of him. Asik held another good center down tonight to go along with 19 rebounds. Cole Aldrich looks like he can provide solid rebounding minutes.

I'm just waiting for our three rookies to see the floor.

WOOOOOT

Orlando has a better win percentage than the Celtics, OKC and Lakers combined.

ORLANDO 2013.

15 - 2 run for Phoenix to take the lead at HALF. Yaaaa! :rock:

Marcin Gortat :rock:

Also,our defense is awful..We need Avery Bradley back,asap..

I mean, I don't think anyone thinks Harden will average 40 points a game the entire season. However, if he does average around 25 points a game while doing it efficiently, that does mean he is a max player. And I don't think Jeremy Lamb is ever going to be able to do that.

This team passing shit isnt flying. They needa have plays set for a players shot. Pick and roll Nash with Dwight dor Dwight to make a play. Have one for Kobe, then Gasol. I mean too much talent to just stand there and run a slow ass offense. Our bigs can run the floor why arent we a faster team? Isnt that what should have been the point for getting Dwight as well? Bynums slowness is gone, lets use the speed we picked up in Dwight. Mike Brown has to pick it up on calling a faster game with select shots or plays for our stars. As for defense i think it would be better if our offense gelled more. Plus still getting used to eachother. I can handle losing 10-20 games and be around 500. At that point then we get better and gel as a team and go on a run. But it cant go any further then that or else fans of LA will be pissed lol.

Harden has been ballin his ass off. IDC if the Thunder maintain the same area of wins, they SHOULD regret losing him. Period. Thats a star caliber player gone. Thunder have a squad but still. That was close to dynasty in the making with that same squad. They are young and core of their elite and good players are still getting better. But with that said, now that Harden has been dominiating in Houston, where do we put the Rockets if they can continue to play good basketball?

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Mike Brown is an awful coach, dunno how the fuck he landed another job.

Carl Landry is ballin' for the Warriors. I hope he finally gets the recognition he deserves.

And don't be surprised if he ends in the 6th Man race. If Mark doesn't eventually start him ahead of David Lee, that is.

Celtics won :party:

Sullinger needs to stop fouling so much, lmao.

Edited by BayAreaBomber

Nikola Vucevic kicked our asses tonight.... One game I will be happy to forget.

Thunder, just as they did last year, had problems with turnovers and rebounding tonight. Martin looked awesome, though, outside of a few lapses in defense.

Watching the Pistons play is just brutal.

And I really don't understand how the coaches and GM can sit/stand their... Watch these guys play like garbage and not make the slightest changes.

Watching Maxiel getting embarrassed defensively and on the board cause he's too short by Gortat, Scola, Dwight, Gasol, and not putting in our young, big, athletic rookie center who we drafted for that specific reason.

And then Rodney Stuckey... Oh my Lord, Rodney Stuckey... Has played nearly 30 minutes in all three of our first game and has made ONE field goal.. 1-23... How does anyone go 1-23??? At least Kim English is a great compliment to BK7, Stuckey is GARBAGE!!!! BENCH HIM!!!

/rant

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Also,our defense is awful..We need Avery Bradley back,asap..

That's not gonna happen..

Avery Bradley (shoulders) is still at least six weeks away from returning and hasn't been cleared for contact, according to Doc Rivers.

Kevin Martin is the perfect compliment to Durant and Westbrook, especially considering how much both of those boys want the ball at the end of the game. He might not be Harden, but he doesn't have to be.

There was no excuse for OKC to lose at home to an Atlanta team that was missing their best player. That is absurd. The fuck happened?

Edited by BwareDWare94

Guest Phailadelphia

Kevin Martin is the perfect compliment to Durant and Westbrook, especially considering how much both of those boys want the ball at the end of the game. He might not be Harden, but he doesn't have to be.

There was no excuse for OKC to lose at home to an Atlanta team that was missing their best player. That is absurd. The fuck happened?

They only played defense for one quarter is what happened.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/barea-sloan-nbas-1st-2-232304416--nba.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NBA issued flopping warnings to Minnesota's JJ Barea and Cleveland's Donald Sloan on Monday, the first two under a new policy designed to end the act.

Barea threw his upper body backward after contact while defending Sacramento's Jimmer Fredette in the fourth quarter on Friday. Sloan tumbled wildly to the court a few feet from contact after a pick set against him by Chicago's Nazr Mohammed on Friday.

The NBA announced a new policy in preseason to stop the act of players dramatically overselling contact in hopes of tricking referees into calling fouls. League officials review plays and inform players if something they did falls under the league's definition of a flop, which is ''any physical act that appears to have been intended to cause the referees to call a foul on another player.''

The second offense comes with a $5,000 fine, followed by $10,000 for a third, $15,000 for a fourth and $30,000 for a fifth. Additional flops after that could lead to a suspension.

Barea said before the Timberwolves' game in Brooklyn that he hadn't heard yet from the league, but that he drew two charging fouls in the game and assumed he was flagged for one of those. His coach, Rick Adelman, is concerned about the policy and its enforcement, wondering if the 6-foot Puerto Rican guard was targeted for his get-under-your-skin reputation.

''I've said it before, I think it's something that they can certainly look at, but I don't know how anybody, you know, a thousand miles away on TV can tell if somebody gets hit or not hit. I think anybody here, if somebody does that to you, you're going to flinch,'' Adelman said, swinging his arm upward toward reporters.

''And he got hit. The play that they're talking about, the guy hit him in the face and he got called for a foul. I don't understand how he can get a warning foul.''

Heat are on pace to score 130+ on us... Sigh. Didn't expect to win, but it'd be nice to be competitive.

Has played nearly 30 minutes in all three of our first game and has made ONE field goal.. 1-23... How does anyone go 1-23???

That's disgusting, lmao. That's how I shoot if I try taking jumpers. >_>

They only played defense for one quarter is what happened.

I nearly had an aneurism each time Horford was left wide open for that easy jumper he kept taking.

• Upvote 1

Dmac, do you think English is gonna get more playing time? I really think he's gonna be an effective role player if he gets the chance.

Nets were up 22 at one point against the T-Wolves and still lost.

Looking forward to another sub 30-win season. :yao: