1) The Empire Strikes Back

2) A New Hope

3) The Force Awakens

4) Return of the Jedi

5) Rogue One

6) The Phantom Menace

7) Revenge of the Sith

8) Attack of the Clones

That's right, not ready to rank The Last Jedi yet. Don't @ me.

I wont @ you for that but I cant take you seriously if Phantom Menace isnt last.

• Upvote 2

I wont @ you for that but I cant take you seriously if Phantom Menace isnt last.

It's just nostalgia. I was 9 years old when that movie came out and I loved it--at the time. Of course, in hindsight, I've realized how nonsensical it all is, but you can't take that nostalgia away, if that makes sense. Also, I absolutely hate Hayden Christensen's acting, which lowers II and III for me.

Makes total sense .

Long story short... a friend of mine ranked Phantom Menace over Last Jedi , I told Vin this and that I figure he loved Phantom Menace. His response was, Ya, when I was 8

Maybe just dont watch it again anytime soon. Preserve the good memories lol.

Revenge of the Sith and Attack of the clones make me cringe far worse than Phantom Menace. Outside of some cool individual scenes they are both god awful.

Clones is so convoluted and there is a Tom and Jerry conveyor belt scene. It also basically looks like video game for 1/3rd if the movie.

Sith is fan servicey, completely botched the Vader reveal, and outside of the Obi Wan and Anakin fight is nonsense from start to finish

Padme goes from kind of okay to terrible over the three movies.

Phantom Menace is the best of them but that doesnt mean its awesome either. Its hokey and fan servicey too, and introduces force baby Anakin and the medichlorians, which is kind of stupid too. Jar jar sucks, everyone gets that but he was obviously for the kids and it wasnt that out of character for Lucas, or Star Wars it was just kicked up a notch. It did treat most of its characters with respect. It had no one named Dooku in it and the plot was told in as comprehensible a way as possible.

Btw I cant really watch any of them so I think theyre all really bad. Its like arguing about the best kick in the nuts youve ever had was.

Edited by GA_Eagle

It's just nostalgia. I was 9 years old when that movie came out and I loved it--at the time. Of course, in hindsight, I've realized how nonsensical it all is, but you can't take that nostalgia away, if that makes sense. Also, I absolutely hate Hayden Christensen's acting, which lowers II and III for me.

I've read from a few places that George Lucas made Christensen look A LOT worse than he actually was. The dialogue was awful and they would say Lucas had a very specific way he wanted things portrayed. I put most of the issues with the prequels on Lucas. The sequels would have been trash with him, imo.

This reminds me. You guys ever see that meme where it's the Bee Movie, but every time they say "bee" it speeds up? I can't find it now, but there was a version where it was the entire prequel trilogy, but every time there was bad dialogue it'd speed up. Ended up lasting a few seconds. :laugh:

Here's a convo with Rian Johnson that answers a couple questions. The interview itself isn't too long, most of it is just the hosts talking amongst themselves.

Most interesting takeaway from the interview is that

Rian got to decide who Rey's parents were. I find it a little strange that Abrams was directing TFA and thinking, "Well, someone else will figure out who Rey's parents are, I'll just foreshadow a bunch of options."

​Attack of the Clones is very deserving of being at the bottom of any Star Wars list. Not that Phantom Menace isn't either, but I enjoyed the movie when I saw in theaters as a kid and loved Darth Maul so it gets a slight nod for me. But rewatching as an adult you can see how terrible Phantom Menace looks now though.

Wait seriously? Over the original trilogy as well? You're crazy man.

Just thought of something the other day.

So Kylo Ren has the First Order open fire on Luke for a good 10-15 seconds with everything they have. Luke steps out of it, brushes his shoulder off, and doesn't care at all.

Kylo's next thought is: "Yeah, I'm gonna 1v1 this guy."

Like I said earlier, a master of strategy, Kylo is not.

Edited by Thanatos

I actually liked the canto Bight stuff. Finn and Rose was great to watch over the course of the film.

Edited by Sparty

Just thought of something the other day.

So Kylo Ren has the First Order open fire on Luke for a good 10-15 seconds with everything they have. Luke steps out of it, brushes his shoulder off, and doesn't care at all.

Kylo's next thought is: "Yeah, I'm gonna 1v1 this guy."

Like I said earlier, a master of strategy, Kylo is not.

Yeah, I mean they make it pretty clear that that is a huge weakness of his. He can't control his emotion and allows it to instead control him. He's blinded by rage (and probably other things as well). It's sad, but that's what makes it so great at the same time.

• Upvote 2

I actually liked the canto Bight stuff. Finn and Rose was great to watch over the course of the film.

Really? What did you like? I felt they the characters had little connection other than that being where the script decided they were going.

Yeah, I mean they make it pretty clear that that is a huge weakness of his. He can't control his emotion and allows it to instead control him. He's blinded by rage (and probably other things as well). It's sad, but that's what makes it so great at the same time.

I'm just more concerned about Episode IX.

With Snoke being dead, Hux and Ren are the leaders of the First Order. I just don't see them as being very much of a threat outside of just severely outnumbering the Resistance.

I'm just more concerned about Episode IX.

With Snoke being dead, Hux and Ren are the leaders of the First Order. I just don't see them as being very much of a threat outside of just severely outnumbering the Resistance.

The more I think about it, the more I would be pretty disappointed if the First Order just fizzled out like a flash in the pan. I think you're right in that the abilities of the First Order will be heavily influenced by Kylo Ren. If they manage to give him a strong final arc, then I think it could possibly set up something great long-term. All comes down to them just not fucking up Kylo Ren. (I need to start tempering my expectations for IX.)

Has it been long enough that we can stop using spoiler tags? Just in case...

Several have pointed this out before, but I would count on a big time jump between TLJ and IX, two or three years at least. This would mean the movie could establish a working relationship between Ren and Hux that seems impossible in the final moments of TLJ.

Also it feels weird that we're two thirds through this trology, and our new trio of heros only just met (Rey and Poe, anyway).

Has it been long enough that we can stop using spoiler tags? Just in case...

Yes, by this point everyone should just assume they're going to see spoilers when they open this thread

Knights of When?

Yeah where were the Knights of Ren in this movie.

The timegap would also allow them to kill Leia offscreen which I think is the best way to handle it.

The timegap would also allow them to kill Leia offscreen which I think is the best way to handle it.

Definitely. I think we're all expecting that at this point.

Nah, they're gonna recast Leia cause it would kinda be disrespecting the character and actress if they just do that. Recast her to finish her story would be the best way.

• Downvote 1

You talk about disrespect and think they should just recast her ? Thatd be literally the worst option I think. Just not mentioning her and pretending she never existed would be a better option than recasting lol.

I still think CGI would be a solid way to handle it but would understand if a lot of fans would be upset about it. And the studio has already brushed off that idea anyway.

• Upvote 1

Nah, they're gonna recast Leia cause it would kinda be disrespecting the character and actress if they just do that. Recast her to finish her story would be the best way.

They aren't going to recast Leia, they've already said that, and that would be absolutely the dumbest thing they could do.

I also think CGI would be okay, but Carrie Fisher was furious at Rogue One for using CGI for Grand Moff Tarkin, I don't really think she would want to be CGI'd either.

Killing her offscreen is the opposite of disrespecting the actress and the character its the only thing left they can do that would be respectful.

How's it gonna happen? Is Kylo gonna do it or is gonna be like, "Welp, she had a heart attack." Does Kylo even know she survived the ship explosion?