Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Disney buys LucasFilm

FUCK YES

Cast announced for Ep IX. Includes the aforementioned Billy Dee Williams -- but also Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher...

Billy Dee Williams :yes:

Mark Hammill :yes:

Carrie Fisher :blink:

Edit: I'm gonna say this is just because she's in a flashback scene. I still think Leia will be killed off between the events of TLJ and E9.

Edited by SteVo

Apparently her presence in Episode IX is going to be footage they shot for Last Jedi Force Awakens and didn't use.

Also, I can't wait for people (if they haven't already) to be all, "Thank you, Based JJ, for righting Rian's wrongs and bringing Luke back!" as if bringing Luke back wasn't always the plan.

Episode IX is gonna be terrible isn't it?

Edited by Vin

Nope. Gonna be awesome.

• Upvote 1

Gonna be as exactly as trash as the first two.

Also, I can't wait for people (if they haven't already) to be all, "Thank you, Based JJ, for righting Rian's wrongs and bringing Luke back!" as if bringing Luke back wasn't always the plan.

Episode IX is gonna be terrible isn't it?

I have a bad feeling about it. If they do "loljk rey you're actually Rey Kenobi-Gon-Jinn-The-Wise" Imma hunt down JJ Abrams and kill him.

Edited by blotsfan

Boba's sister.. kind of :O Cloning gone wrong the first time because Jango wanted a son / male clone. She's lived with shame her entire life, and is ready to make her mark.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

If there isn't some reference to Boba surviving the Sarlaac pit then this show is a waste.

RIP

The rise of skywalker.

im glad shmi is finally getting a chance to shine. 

• Like 1

Rey flipping over an interceptor puts my faith in this at about a 2. 

JJ's probably gonna undo everything that Rian did in TLJ.  Gonna be fun to see what retreads we're gonna get. Someone's probably gonn get thrown down a reactor shaft at some point.

Edited by Vin
  • Haha 1

Prediction for that scene: Po is flying the interceptor, it's a training exercise. If that's something that really happens with a bad guy that's dumb as shit. Just shoot her.

Would be good to undo quite a bit, Last Jedi was not a good movie. 

No one's ever really gone... this series LOVES to throw out Gray Jedi watchwords and phrases.... That combined with the Death Star shot makes me think for some reason they need to commune with the Emperor, and according to the books, Palpatine sensed Snoke a long time ago. Would be an interesting setup.

yeah, exploring the whole force ghost concept is interesting and would give them a good chance to tell the Jedi origin stories like a lot of people loved from the games. I only ever played force unleashed. Not a big gamer and I didn't read the expanded universe except for 1 children's book when Phantom Menace came out lol. Maybe The Emperor discovered dark side force ghosts or something idk. That sounds cool. I hated TLJ, honestly but Rogue One, Solo and Force Awakens I liked to varying degrees. I'm gonna see it regardless and hope for the best haha.

IrDArav.png

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

yeah, exploring the whole force ghost concept is interesting and would give them a good chance to tell the Jedi origin stories like a lot of people loved from the games. I only ever played force unleashed. Not a big gamer and I didn't read the expanded universe except for 1 children's book when Phantom Menace came out lol. Maybe The Emperor discovered dark side force ghosts or something idk. That sounds cool. I hated TLJ, honestly but Rogue One, Solo and Force Awakens I liked to varying degrees. I'm gonna see it regardless and hope for the best haha.

Revan pls.

There are absolutely dark side force ghosts in the EU. Exar Kun, Darth Revan, Jacen Solo, etc.

Episode VII should've been Exar Kun, Kyp Durron and the Sun Crusher instead of what we got.

Yeah I mean, they even say in the series the Sith were fucked for a thousand years or whatever it was and that's how The Emperor was able to carry out his plan. Having some ancient bro from times when the Sith weren't  fucked to come back and show the Sith's how to Sith again gives you an opportunity to really flesh out what Jedi and Sith are and tell a bunch more stories.

Looks like this movie could set up a Disney version of your favorite video game story. That could be good or bad haha.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/obi-wan-kenobi-series-ewan-mcgregor-disney-plus-1203304387/

Ewan McGregor is in talks to return as Jedi master Obi-Wan Kenobi in a series for Disney Plus, Variety has confirmed.

No other details on the potential series were available. McGregor previously played the character in the three “Star Wars” prequels “The Phantom Menace,” “Attack of the Clones,” and “Revenge of the Sith.” There had been talk for years that McGregor would return in an Obi-Wan standalone film, but those plans were reportedly put on hold following the unsuccessful roll out of “Star Wars” standalone film “Solo.”

Reps for McGregor and Disney Plus did not immediately respond to Variety’s request for comment.

The Obi-Wan series would be the third live-action “Star Wars” show on Disney Plus. The nascent streamer has previously announced “The Mandalorian” from Jon Favreau starring Pedro Pascal as well as a series based on Cassian Andor, the character first introduce in the film “Rogue One” with Diego Luna reprising his role from the film.

The show would be McGregor’s second major TV role in recent years. He won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his role in the third season of the FX series “Fargo,” playing twin brothers Emmit and Ray Stussy. McGregor is primarily known for his film work. He will star in the upcoming “The Shining” follow up “Doctor Sleep,” which is due out in November. He will also play the DC villain Black Mask in the film “Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn).” His other notable film roles include “Trainspotting,” “Moulin Rouge,” and “Black Hawk Down.”

He is repped by UTA.

Disney Plus is also building out the television side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with high-priced limited series in the works focused on character like Hawkeye, Loki, Scarlet Witch and Vision, and Falcon and Winter Soldier.

giphy.gif