Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Disney buys LucasFilm

Disney+ is turning out to be something you’re gonna actually want to get. Three new shows announced . Some of these are gonna have to be fliops tho, right?? 

Also Jon Snow is reuniting with his dead brother (errr... cousin) Robb in The Eternals. Kit Harrington cast as Black Knight 

4 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Disney+ is turning out to be something you’re gonna actually want to get. Three new shows announced . Some of these are gonna have to be fliops tho, right?? 

Also Jon Snow is reuniting with his dead brother (errr... cousin) Robb in The Eternals. Kit Harrington cast as Black Knight 

I have a firestick. Fuck giving those cocksucker's any of my money. 

ECwE_nmU0AAQBMs?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Actual poster.

Going back to JJ for Episode 9 was a mistake.

• Like 1

i love that poster. LMAO. Emperor not necessary on there, but the rest of it.... lmao too good. 

that feels like a random art school prompt of "create a Star Wars poster in the style of Disney"

• Like 1

Going full Palpy isn't good.  At least it looks cool though?

I was excited to watch this before... Even more so now. Great trailer.

pretends somebody else posted about the GoT guys leaving star wars.

Blotsfan's snappy response to said news

v07dlj7pj9i11.gif

• Haha 1

Imagine rushing the final season of GoT so you can do Star Wars only to find out that maybe Star Wars isn't what you want to do after all.

• Upvote 2

Seems like a bit of a stretch to call them GoT "creators" doesn't it?

They didn't rush the final season--it took them two years to produce it. The rushed pace was just a bad decision. Bad writing.

What a fall from grace for D&D. Has any show ever fallen so far in its final season?

Breaking Bad.

*flees the country*

• Downvote 1

RIP Star Wars.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2484296/star-wars-is-going-on-a-hiatus-following-the-rise-of-skywalker-according-to-bob-iger

I recently speculated about what’s coming up next for the Star Wars franchise on the big screen after December’s Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. And while there are certainly plenty of interesting and exciting possibilities for what the next theatrical Star Wars movie will be, whatever it is, we won’t be seeing it for a while. That’s because Star Wars is going on a hiatus following The Rise of Skywalker. That’s according to none other than Disney CEO Bob Iger.

During a call with shareholders to discuss The Walt Disney Company’s full fiscal year and Q4 2019 earnings, Bob Iger addressed Star Wars’ cinematic future saying:

In the Star Wars case, Star Wars 9, which comes out this December will be the last of the Skywalker Saga and we’ll go into a hiatus for a few years before the next Star Wars feature.

So after The Rise of Skywalker brings a hopefully satisfying ending to the Skywalker Saga next month, we won’t be seeing any Star Wars movies for quite a while. The cinematic arm of this massive franchise is going on a hiatus and for the first time since the Disney-owned Star Wars era began with Star Wars: The Force Awakens in 2015, we’ll be going years without a new big screen Star Wars movie.

That said, Bob Iger was sure to reassure investors that just because Star Wars will be absent from the multiplex, the brand will still be ever-present. The CEO cited the three Star Wars shows in development for the Disney+ streaming service (The Mandalorian, the Cassian Andor series and the Obi-Wan Kenobi series) that will carry the torch for the franchise during its cinematic hiatus.

Disney doesn’t think of Star Wars (or Marvel for that matter) as just a feature film franchise; it is a brand and one that plays a role in multiple aspects of the company’s business, from the TV side to the theme parks. But as far as the theatrical releases are concerned, Star Wars won’t be having any for a while.

This affirms what we have long suspected with regards to the Star Wars franchise, that it would be taking a break following J.J. Abrams’ The Rise of Skywalker. There is no Star Wars movie on the calendar for the next couple of years and to make it official, Bob Iger has confirmed to investors that Star Wars is going on hiatus theatrically.

What Bob Iger didn’t make clear in the earnings call was when specifically Star Wars would return to the big screen and with what movie. That’s to be expected but if we are to take his “a few years” comments literally, it would seem the company still plans to release a Star Wars movie on December 16, 2022, the release date previously reserved for the David Benioff and D.B. Weiss Star Wars films. What will slot in there now, we don’t yet know.

The decision to slowdown Star Wars films is seemingly the result of a hard-learned lesson for the company. Bob Iger took some of the blame for the performance of Solo: A Star Wars Story and has admitted that they put out too much Star Wars into the marketplace too soon. He has since come to believe that Star Wars movies are special and less is more and this theatrical hiatus reflects that.

The last Star Wars movie for a while arrives in theaters on December 20 with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Check out our 2019 Release Schedule to see what else you can look forward to this year.

Just got home from the theater. Really enjoyed it, but PHEW it is a LOT of movie to process. Will be seeing it again.

• Upvote 1

AMAZING. 

Overall my feelings on it are similar-ish to Last Jedi. There's a few things here and there I was like.. WTF... but the rest was amazing. I loved it. As I mentione din the discord, the only serious 'complaint' i have is that it's just so fast... they have so much to cram into 2.5 hours and the hits just don't stop after the scroll. No chance to catch your breath. The final scene though was damn near perfect.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1

The big weakness of this trilogy is definitely that they didn't have a three-movie plan when they started. The three movies are much better together than they are as a trilogy. The prequels are more cohesive! That said, I still really enjoyed all three.

Can't wait for someone to dig up Luke and Leia's lightsabers for Episode 10.

:D[/spoiler]

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

people in the Star Wars universe are weirdly fixated on last names. At least it's makes sense for a customs officer to ask. 

4 hours ago, SteVo said:

The big weakness of this trilogy is definitely that they didn't have a three-movie plan when they started. The three movies are much better together than they are as a trilogy. The prequels are more cohesive! That said, I still really enjoyed all three.

Hide contents

Can't wait for someone to dig up Luke and Leia's lightsabers for Episode 10.

:D[/spoiler]

Agreed,. Looking at the trilogy as a whole, you can (pretty obviously) tell that this thing changed hands every time. And ya, I realize JJ came back.. But even he admits it was very very late into the process and he couldn't save everything. Really unfortunate.. Hindsight is 20/20 but man how weird was it to pick a different director for each movie in a trilogy. Bizarre. I think they've learned though. 

I'm hoping Favreau gets a movie

• Upvote 1

Movie was stupid.  Not bad, just stupid.  Rambling thoughts ahead.

Emperor is back? Ok. How? Doesn't matter. I can only assume he cloned himself prior to him getting dusted in the reactor shaft, but the world will never know.

Got dang C3PO is somehow the best character in this movie. This movie pretty much only stops to breathe for a brief moment when he's the focus.  Weird.

Chewie getting pwnt in the transport legit made me go "Fuck this movie", which is the only time I can think of that I've had this response in Star Wars.  But then they undid it and it didn't feel earned.   Glad Chewie survived tho.  This series is sorta bad about paying attention to characters that aren't the new trio (well, quartet).

Super Jedi Master Leia needed to be shown in Force Awakens, not a silly training montage in the final movie.  Speaking of, didn't Leia have a green lightsaber in the training montage? Why is her's blue at the end? I can only assume I'm wrong about the color she was using, but 🤷‍♂️

The Rey/Kylo lightsaber fight on the death star ruins is the best part of the movie.  For whatever reason I love Kylo's super aggressive, unorthodox style.

Poor Finn getting the white girl, then the asian girl, and then the black girl, when all he wants is Poe.

"A jedi's weapon should be treated with respect".  Shut up, JJ.  At least he also shut up the "Just hyperspeed into the enemy ships every time lulz" people.

Good ol' Wedge.  Fleet showing up at the kinda ruins stuff.   Major imperial fleet of star destroyers gets taken out just cuz a bunch of ships are thrown at it. Why are ships randomly blowing up at other planets when Palpy gets dusted again?

Confrontation with Ol' Palpy is lame.  Kylo should've killed him, and then Rey should've had to kill Kylo.  That whole ending is weird.  At least the shippers sitting behind me were happy.  Brings me a small amount of joy that Kylo is dead now so they will no longer be happy.

How are you not gonna have ghost Luke have any interaction with Kylo in the film (or even with the Emperor for that matter).  "See you around kid."  Luke is a liar.  And why is he still chillin' on Ahch-To?  You can go anywhere in the universe, and do anything, and yet you remain in the same place you were. Maybe force ghosts aren't actually ghosts at all but just projections of your psyche or something.  Explains Luke and Leia showing up on Tattooine too.

Rey being Palpy's grandkid is super lame too.

There's probably some more thoughts rattling around in my head too, but this is all for right now.  The movie wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting, as I was expecting them to go the maximum bs route.  They didn't, which is good, but I'm not a fan of the product that we got.  Maybe we'll get like a 3+ hour Abrams cut that'll feel better than the theatrical version did.

Hopefully the next trilogy will truly be something, since theoretically there should be 0 ties to anything that came before it.  At least that what I'm hoping for.

• Upvote 1

The reality of the situation is this: The Last Jedi did not reach the fans. This movie had to course correct and I would argue they did just enough to make it work well. It had some brilliant moments, great action, and an actual story. A lot of it was rushed and sure there are nit-picks I could make or fan-fiction I would have liked to see but overall it was grade A material that had a lot of constraints. The trilogy and this movie itself would be greatly improved if you could go back five years and re-write TLJ to support this movie.

TLJ did some great things though. What you really need is to go back and come up with a uniform story to tell throughout the trilogy before they get it going. Instead they let JJ do 7... then he washed his hands of it. Rian took over for 8 and totally did his own thing ... then whatever his name is came in and ducked with it even more before JJ came in super late and jerked off us fans in 9. 

As Stevo was saying... there’s no cohesion whatsoever between these movies and that’s what really sucks ass.

and ya there are some weird things going on in Rise — but if you didn’t enjoy that movie as a fan, you suck. Lol 

Chewie dropping to his knees in agony after he finds out Leia is dead had me a hot mess. As I told Vin after I saw it on opening day, the movie gave me chills / goosebumps 4 or 5 times. Insane . 

I need to see it again actually 

• Upvote 1

That was prequel level of bad, tbh. Had some good parts, but didn't stick together and didn't give a cohesive ending. And half the shit in it made no sense.