Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Disney buys LucasFilm

Something I've come to realize in thinking about The Force Awakens: the brilliance of the opening scene on Jakku. Poe gets the Skywalker map, gives it to BB-8, Kylo Ren comes in and fucks shit up, and Finn has his crisis of conscience, plus that weird Ren/Finn moment. So, in the movie's first scene:

• The Skywalker element of the plot is put in motion.
  • The "Force awakening" first happens between Ren and Finn.
  • Three of the movie's main characters (Ren, Poe, Finn, even BB-8) are established.
  • All of this is done with a tone consistent for the rest of the movie.

From a screenwriting perspective, that's how it's done.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

Saw Star Wars again yesterday. Much more enjoyable when you just accept Kylo as an Emo the entire movie instead of just after he takes the helmet off.

Saw Star Wars again yesterday. Much more enjoyable when you just accept Kylo as an Emo the entire movie instead of just after he takes the helmet off.

Did Han survive this time?

• Upvote 1

Did Han survive this time?

No but I'm pretty sure Poe turned into Apocalypse this time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disneys-young-han-solo-search-875784

alden_ehrenreich_jack_reynor_taron_egert

Chewie, we’re almost home.

The search for the young actor who will fill Han Solo's leather vest could be in its final stages, as multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that a shortlist quietly has emerged.

According to sources, last weekend in London tests were conducted involving actors Alden Ehrenreich, who did scene-stealing work in Hail, Caesar!; Jack Reynor, best known for his work in Transformers: Age of Extinction; and Taron Egerton, the star of The Kingsman and Eddie the Eagle.

Sources say there could be a few other names on the list, though due to the high level of secrecy on all Star Wars projects, it’s hard to ascertain them. Disney declined to comment.

Those who tested — and it’s unclear if these were costume tests or screen tests — were plucked from a previous group of around 10 actors who met with the directors. Among the names whispered to have met are Miles Teller, the Whiplash star who appears in the Divergent movies; and Ansel Elgort, the Fault in Our Stars star who also is in the Divergent movies.

Emory Cohen, who played Saoirse Ronan’s love interest in the Oscar-nominated Brooklyn, also tested. Actors from Richard Linklater’s new movie Everybody Wants Some also had meetings, according to sources.

Why would we be seeing a young Han Solo? Flashbacks? I can't foresee it being a role that gets significant screen time.

Unless they're going in another direction??

Why would we be seeing a young Han Solo? Flashbacks? I can't foresee it being a role that gets significant screen time.

Unless they're going in another direction??

They're doing a full spin-off of Han's backstory

You guys like Zack Snyder? Of course you do! Cause he's actually directing a Star Wars spinoff film. FML. #WhyDisneyWhy

Oh my.

I do hope that the number of the main cast who die in this is less than the 99% that I'm expecting.

why would you post a fan teaser when they released the real one. I should neg you for that ,Blots. Don't mess with people like that, it isn't very nice.

Forrest Whitaker in a Star Wars movie is like a dream come true.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 2

...I watched the real one and thought that was the right link. I'm a failure.

I thought it was some sick continuation of your fantasy to get a Zack Snyder directed Star Wars. I accept your apology.

• Upvote 1

...I watched the real one and thought that was the right link. I'm a failure.

youtube can be tricky jumping to the next video it thinks you want to watch, I watched the one you linked to on my phone as I was getting ready this morning and was thoroughly confused by the lack of any new footage, now I see what was going on

:(

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/star-wars-actor-jake-lloyd-moved-psychiatric-facility-article-1.2595377

"Star Wars" actor Jake Lloyd reportedly has been transferred to a psychiatric center to deal with his schizophrenia after spending nearly 10 months behind bars.

The former child star, who portrayed a young Anakin Skywalker in "The Phantom Menace," was arrested last June after he led police on a wild, high-speed car chase through two counties in South Carolina.

Now, however, authorities believe he is better off seeking treatment for his mental condition than he would be if he simply continued his term in jail, TMZ reports.

Lloyd's mother, Lisa, told the celebrity gossip site that she spoke to her son last week, and she's already noticing an improvement in the ex-actor's personality. There's reportedly no set timetable for Lloyd's release from the facility, which is fine by his family. They just want to make sure he gets better no matter how long it takes, according to TMZ.

The 27-year-old Lloyd was charged last summer with reckless driving, failure to stop and driving without a driver's license after officers finally caught him after the lengthy chase.

Lloyd exceeded speeds of 100 miles per hour during the police pursuit but was eventually cuffed after he crashed through a fence and slammed into some trees.

Shortly after his arrest, Lisa told TMZ that her son struggles with a mental disorder and had attacked her several months earlier after failing to take his medication. She chose not to press charges for the incident.

Lloyd retired from acting roughly a decade ago, and his last movie credit is for a small role in the 2005 sports drama, "Madison."

Rogue One might not get an opening crawl · Newswire · The A.V. Club

:huh: this has got to be a tough decision, do you leave the crawl to the "Saga" films or does that need to be a signature element of the larger Star Wars universe of films? Personally, I think it would create too much of a distinction, then again maybe they want that for the standalones. I do hope that whatever decision they make for this movie they follow for any other standalone movies.

That's a terrible poster.

OMG

Watch trailer first:

GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN IS BACK BITCHES!

Edited by Thanatos