Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Disney buys LucasFilm

JJ Abrams is gonna be doing Episode 9. I should be happy about that since Return of the Jedi is my favorite star wars movie, but meh.

I was leery of Trevorrow to begin with. Jurassic World was overwhelmingly mediocre.

BRO

If that movie is on, I cannot turn it off.

• Upvote 1

Abrams is a safe, solid choice. And Episodes 7 and 8 got December release dates, so I'm fine with the delay. How long until we get another Last Jedi trailer?

Abrams is a safe, solid choice. And Episodes 7 and 8 got December release dates, so I'm fine with the delay. How long until we get another Last Jedi trailer?

Maybe when Thor Ragnarok hits theaters, and hopefully it will be the final one. I'm not watching anymore trailers. :nope:

I was just re-reading this thread for nostalgia but GOT DAMN Sean :clap:

Nah I think Luke won't be in the movie until at least close to the end. If he's in it earlier than that it'll be just him and R2D2. I think in this movie it will be Han Solo putting together a new good guy team and dying in the end and then we get Luke. The second movie Luke will train the new generation and be a dick, kind of like Yoda was for him but darker.

• Upvote 1

Heads up: Tickets also went on sale. Atom tickets is much faster than fandango.

Well now...that was something.

Idk why but I was able to get my tickets before the trailer even dropped.

Edited by Sparty

Like, honestly, I have no idea what to make of the trailer besides the obvious (Ray learns the force, Finn walks again)....

As a trailer should be.

• Upvote 2

Kylo Ren yet again steals the show as the character with the most depth, potential, etc etc etc.

• Upvote 2

Yeah but the whole mystery behind Snoke is pretty intriguing too idk. Anyway, that trailer was fucking awesome lol.

Well...they kind of had to, right?

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

Edited by Vin

Awesome! I'd much rather that than Episodes 10-12, I think.

Also, is it reasonable to think that because Lucasfilm is investing so heavily in Johnson, it's fair to assume that The Last Jedi is going to be awesome?

Edited by SteVo

It's fair to assume Disney thinks its awesome, for sure.

http://collider.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-runtime/#images

Since runtime stories are now a thing (and we’re as guilty of that as anyone), fans want to know how much Star Wars goodness they’ll be getting with Star Wars: The Last Jedi. At a recent press conference, writer-director Rian Johnson revealed that his film will be two hours and thirty minutes, which makes The Last Jedi the longest Star Wars movie to date.

For a comparison, here’s the runtime on all the other Star Wars movies:

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace – 2 hours, 16 minutes

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones – 2 hours, 22 minutes

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith – 2 hours, 20 minutes

Star Wars: A New Hope – 2 hours, 1 minute

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back – 2 hours, 4 minutes

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi – 2 hours, 11 minutes

Star Wars: The Force Awakens – 2 hours, 16 minutes

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – 2 hours, 13 minutes

Aw.

Yiss.

I'm trying to not watch any further trailers or TV spots, and it's proving very challenging...

Looks like universal acclaim after the premiere last night. My body is not ready...

• Upvote 1

There are people watching The Last Jedi in theaters as I type this, so I'm gonna avoid this thread until I see it tomorrow night. For y'all who do, remember to use spoiler tags! Otherwise I hope everyone has an awesome time seeing this at the movies.

• Upvote 1

I have...thoughts. I'll mull it over for a bit.