Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Disney buys LucasFilm

Rumor time.

What? A female Skywalker?

The only female Skywalker in the books is Mara Jade. I wonder if they're going to ditch the canon from the books?

Best character ever.

General Grevious says hello. But I'm not really a huge fan of Star Wars (like I said, I haven't seen IV-VI)

Han Solo is by far the best character, you silly kids.

Oh, and I love Obi-Wan Kanobi, the Alec Guiness version preferably.

F4E wins.

General Grevious says hello. But I'm not really a huge fan of Star Wars (like I said, I haven't seen IV-VI)

with the cough?

darth%20maul.jpg

Do not insult this man. Oh and you should definitely watch the original trilogy when you get time. They're better than the new ones.

with the cough?

darth%20maul.jpg

Do not insult this man. Oh and you should definitely watch the original trilogy when you get time. They're better than the new ones.

Darth Maul was awesome, but Grevious looked way more badass, imo.

2382786-general_grievous.jpg

Darth Maul and...Darth Vader are my favs.

Anyone with the name Darth is automatically badass.

Edited by ATL

Darth Maul and...Darth Vader are my favs.

Anyone with the name Darth is automatically badass.

*nerd warning*

It's a title, not a name, lol.

My favorite character was the younger Obi-Wan.

Edited by Thanatos19

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/10/confirmed-arndt-writing-star-wars-script

Was it really just a week ago that Disney acquired Lucasfilm and the new Star Wars trilogy was announced? Because things sure seem to be moving fast ever since. Case in point: Michael Arndt, who was just revealed yesterday to be writing a treatment for the trilogy, has now been confirmed to be penning the screenplay for Star Wars: Episode VII as well. Plus, pre-production on the film has begun.

Here's the official word, via Star Wars.com:

"As pre-production of Star Wars: Episode VII begins, Lucasfilm has confirmed that award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay for the new Star Wars film. As revealed in the ongoing video series posted here on StarWars.com, Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas have begun story conferences with Arndt. Arndt won an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for writing Little Miss Sunshine (2006), and was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for writing Toy Story 3 (2010)."

Dig the screenwriter choice. Curious to see who they nab as director.

Also, silly kids thinking the prequels had any good characters that didn't come from Episodes IV-VI to begin with. :nope:

2015 shall be an epic year for movies. You have Star Wars, Avengers 2, Justice League and the biggest and most epic one of them all..........Ant-Man. :troll:

2015 shall be an epic year for movies. You have Star Wars, Avengers 2, Justice League and the biggest and most epic one of them all..........Ant-Man. :troll:

Has that Justice League date been officially set yet?

Has that Justice League date been officially set yet?

No, but the latest reports have it set for a release to rival Avengers.

But on Star Wars, I read the other day several big name directors are not interested.

You better get used to these stories because every potential director in Hollywood has an opinion on the matter. Earlier today, we reported that Man of Steel and Watchmen director Zack Snyder denied wanting to sit in the director's chair for Star Wars: Episode VII. Now two more high profile directors have already said they're not interested.

Steven Spielberg told Access Hollywood: "No! No! It’s not my genre. It’s my best friend George’s genre.”

Now Quentin Tarantino told EW something similar: “I could so care less. Especially if Disney’s going to do it. I’m not interested in the Simon West version of Star Wars.”

It was revealed yesterday that Michael Ardnt (Toy Story 3) has written a 50-page treatment and is likely to write the screenplay. Star Wars: Episode VII is targeting a 2015 release.

Lmao at a Simon West version of Star Wars

Yeah, Disney sucks dick outside of Pixar movies. Pirates of the Caribean is the most overrated and terrible franchise in the world. Fuck Disney, lol.

But on Star Wars, I read the other day several big name directors are not interested.

Now Quentin Tarantino told EW something similar: "I could so care less. Especially if Disney's going to do it. I'm not interested in the Simon West version of Star Wars."

I had a good laugh at the idea of Tarantino directing a Disney movie

I liked Avengers.

I still haven't seen it. I suppose the Marvel movies have been decent so far, though, like the Pixar movies, I attribute that more to the Marvel studios than Disney. So hopefully the Lucas Film group will follow suit.

Well, Amazing Spider-Man was warner bros, not disney. Which really sucks because you know they want to bring Spider-Man into the avengers but they cant because warner bros has the rights

Well, Amazing Spider-Man was warner bros, not disney. Which really sucks because you know they want to bring Spider-Man into the avengers but they cant because warner bros has the rights

Huh, didn't know that.

Spiderman would be sick in The Avengers.

The guy who wrote Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 is doing the script for the new movie (Michael Arndt). Not sure how I feel about a bunch of new characters, but I do like the guy.

http://www.ign.com/a...76917f410000061

So if the rumours/speculation/early announcements are correct, the Star Wars screenwriters are set. Michael Arndt will be penning Star Wars VII, and Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg will be writing Episodes VIII and IX, respectively. But just who are the men who will be re-invigorating the franchise for a new generation?

Michael Arndt

Michael Arndt was the first scribe to be charged with the task of returning the Jedi to theatres, the writer penning a "pretty extensive and detailed treatment for what would be the next three movies; the trilogy." If that wasn't enough, Arndt will also write the screenplay for Star Wars: Episode VII.

The least experienced of the Star Wars writers – in terms of screenplays that have made it to the big screen – Arndt nevertheless has incredible pedigree. His first produced script – Little Miss Sunshine – won him the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay. His second – Toy Story 3 – saw him nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay.

The former flick suggests he knows his way around an ensemble piece, always useful in the Star Wars universe, while the latter shows that Arndt can join an established franchise and take it to the next level.

Since then he has worked on the scripts for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Alfonso Cuaron's eagerly anticipated sci-fi flick Oblivion, while he has also been working with Pixar on their mysterious forthcoming flick that "Takes You Inside the Mind."

Simon Kinberg

While Michael Arndt's CV is limited but impeccable, Simon Kinberg's is longer but somewhat inconsistent. The British-born scribe kicked off his career with hopeless action sequel xXx: State of the Union, but followed that up with the global smash Mr. and Mrs Smith, a script that started as a film school thesis but went onto gross nearly $475m worldwide.

He's had his fair share of misfires, including Jumper, This Means War and the risible X-Men: The Last Stand, which he co-wrote with Zack Penn.

But Kinberg then righted that wrong by producing X-Men: First Class, a super-smart superhero movie that took established characters and cleverly re-introduced them to cinemagoers, a skill that will be priceless for a series of films that will apparently bring back several beloved characters.

He's currently writing X-Men: Days of Future Past, and producing Neil Blomkamp's Elysium, which alongside the aforementioned Oblivion, is 2013's most eagerly anticipated sci-fi.

Lawrence Kasdan

Lawrence Kasdan – the man who wrote both The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi – will once again be putting pen to Star Wars paper.

The 63-year-old's first screenwriting break came when he sold the script for The Bodyguard nearly 40 years ago. The film was originally conceived as a vehicle for Diana Ross and Steve McQueen, but didn't hit the screen until 1992, when Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner took the starring roles.

But his first produced screenplay was The Empire Strikes Back, a gig he landed when the film's first writer – Leigh Brackett – sadly passed away. Generally considered to be the best of the Star Wars flicks, his dark, twisted and multi-layered screenplay was successful enough to bag him the Return of the Jedi job, which was an inferior affair in which fantastic sequences rubbed shoulders with terrible ones.

Kasdan also collaborated with George Lucas on Raiders of the Lost Ark, while he has been Oscar-nominated for the likes of The Big Chill, Grand Canyon and The Accidental Tourist.

There's no word yet as to which instalment Kinberg and Kasdan will pen, but the thought of Arndt crafting a fun popcorn flick first time out and Kasdan taking things Empire-style dark in the sequel sounds like a Star Wars fan's wet dream.

Whatever the case, it sounds like the franchise is in safe hands, with producer Kathleen Kennedy selecting three smart, talented and accomplished screenwriters to shepherd the saga.

Edited by Vin