Bay

Now that the Bengals went one and done again, should Marvin be fired?

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals get rid of him after another one and done

• Yes
    • No

Was thinking about this a little before it was brought up in the shoutbox.

Bengals have only made the playoffs 3 seasons under Lewis. (2003 - Present.)

Winning percentage is around .477. Obviously having Pitt and Bal in your division is tough, but I don't give a damn.

If I was a Bengal fan I'd want him gone.

Edited by Bay

I personally think the Bengals should have fired him 2 years ago, so yea, I think he needs to be fired if they don't make the playoffs this year.

Bengals are a very talented team and I had them as the playoff contenders this season but they fucked everything up in a couple of games they were supposed to win (Browns and let's say Dolphins)..Their remaining schedule is hard and they might not even finish above .500..If that happens,Marvin Lewis is gone..

Andy Dalton is the first quarterback in Bengals history to throw an interception in eight straight games.

Dalton has yet to have an INT-free start this season, and has 13 total turnovers through eight games. His 11 interceptions are just two fewer than he threw in all of 2011. Despite the increased turnovers, Dalton has made some strides on his mixed rookie campaign, but his arm-strength limitations have remained apparent. He'll be a QB2 in the second half.

Source: Joe Reedy on Twitter

Anyone who votes no is a stupid twit or a bengals homer. He should of been gone years ago.

Mike Brown is an awful owner, so I dont see Marvin going anywhere this year, unfortunately for Bengals fans. He needs to go though, even though I want him to stay.

This is a stupid question. Of course he should be canned. They aren't going to make the playoffs this year, may as well start packing up the office now imo.

Kudos to Ricky for bringing this up in the shoutbox, but is Cincinnati approaching an Andy Reid esque situation in that they have a good head coach, but it's simply in the team's best interest to move on?

Let's hear it, TGP.

Marvin Lewis is definitely reaching that Andy Reid stint for the amount of years as a HC especially since his success / wins aren't up there with a lot of the other long tenured coaches (Reid, Belichick, Coughlin, formerly Fisher). Ironically, I believe he should have been fired years ago. But these last two seasons you've seen a different Bengals team. A younger team showing signs of future promise.

They've made the play offs 2 years in a row while ushering in a rookie QB. Dalton and A.J Green have been a sensational combo being the most dynamic QB / WR duo in their 1st two years (even though I believe it's more so of A.J Green being so awesome). This tandem shows much promise especially if / when the Bengals get more talent around Dalton. The main problem I have with Dalton is that he is too conservative at times and doesn't let the ball rip when it's a play available. He plays as if he's scared to make a mistake. But back to the topic... The Bengals defense (particularly their D-line) has played a HUGE part in their success. They have the beginnings of what can be a good team in the making. The Bengals have sucked for a while and them making it to the play offs two years in a row is DEFINITELY progress. I think Marvin should have 1 more year with the Bengals to give him a 3rd chance with this young and talented Bengals team. I think Marvin needs to focus on giving Dalton more weapons on offense. More receiving options other then A.J Green and probably another RB to set up a good two back system to compliment BJE ground n pound; possibly a change of pace back with a different running style. Marvin needs to draft really well and hit free agency hard imo like players like a Greg Jennings etc.

So, 1 more year for Lewis and he at least has to win 2 play off games to get considered for an extra year. 3rd times a charm.

Edited by dutchff7

He's coached for 3 of the 4 AFCN teams, he might as well hit up Cleveland before retiring.

I get what you're saying, but I wouldnt say Lewis is a 'good' coach. He's decent. Lewis has a winning percentage of .495 where Reid is .585. More importantly Reid was 10-9 in the playoffs where Lewis is 0-4.

I'd kill for a ~.500 coach

Hope you don't mind, Stevo. Merged your thread with mine.

As long as he's there they are not going to win a division title. They care even get out of the 1st round because they are always playing on the road.

They need someone who can take this team to the next level and contend for a division.

Edited by Bay

U DICK

:troll:

Okay, in all seriousness, I think the Bengals are in a good position, because if they fire Lewis, they have two great in-house candidates to replace him. I think they'd be better off promoting Zimmer, personally. It seems like the players really like him.

Yeah, my post doesn't match this thread and I kind of wanted to see how that other thread turned out. The threads are different. Your thread is if Lewis should be fired if the Bengals missed the play offs. Stevo's is if he should be fired after another 1 and done play off appearance.

The title could easily be changed.

The title could easily be changed.

Now you need to change the poll questions. ;)

What were they again? lol

I don't think Marvin Lewis is even close to Andy Reid. Andy Reid consistently had the Eagles in the playoffs, but they would choke deep in the playoffs. While the Bengals have made the playoffs the last 2 years, when is the last time they have won a playoff game?

1990 was their last playoff win...

Mike Zimmer should be a head coach in this league, and the Bengals should promote him before somebody else hires him.

Don't fire Marvin. IMO.

He has two of the WORST coordinators I have ever seen. Mike Zimmer is a fraud, and Jay Gruden is an overrated pussy.

Both of them are as conservative as fuck, and it def. has shown in their past two playoff appearances. Team talent is there..sorta...just needs to be utilized properly by a new coherent aggressive coaching staff.

Don't fire Marvin. IMO.

He has two of the WORST coordinators I have ever seen. Mike Zimmer is a fraud, and Jay Gruden is an overrated pussy.

Both of them are as conservative as fuck, and it def. has shown in their past two playoff appearances. Team talent is there..sorta...just needs to be utilized properly by a new coherent aggressive coaching staff.

The Bengals defense only gave up 19 points to Houston. In the playoffs, that's a great achievement, and really ought to be enough to win a game. Mike Zimmer=/=fraud.

• Upvote 1

How is Zimmer a fraud? Lolz

I think Lewis has to go. The guy has not won one playoff game in his tenure. Not one. Many coaches have been fired for much less.

I've seen the argument that the talent is there. Well if the talent is there why is this team not performing when it matters? Just because you get a new head coach doesn't mean you have to blow up the team. For all we know Marvin Lewis is holding this team back.

The Bengals have the longest stretch of not winning a playoff game of any franchise if I remember correctly. Marvin Lewis has had TEN SEASONS to get one playoff win and hasn't been able to do it. Let that sink in for a minute. It's time for a change in Cinci.