Favre4Ever

Disney Working On "Boy Meets World" Spinoff

That scream you heard over the weekend was the collective sound of all 16-to-34-year-olds realizing that their favorite ‘90s dramedy, Boy Meets World, is in talks for a spinoff on the Disney channel.

Michael Jacobs, the original creator, signed a pilot deal, EW has confirmed.

Girl Meets World would center around a teen girl, and Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel may return as her parents, as was initially reported by TVLine.

Fishel even sent out this cryptic/encouraging tweet over the weekend, “Just want you guys to know that @BenSavage and I have talked and we’ve decided…Thanksgiving is going to be delicious this year!”

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/11/05/boy-meets-world-spinoff-disney-ben-savage-danielle-fishel/

Dunno if anyone cares, but being an awesome 90s kid... This is pretty sweet. lol. Dunno how successful it would be... Because culture has change so much in the past 10-20 years, but... I would probably check it out. :ninja:

This would be something I'd give a whirl.

It'll probably be terrible, but I'll probably try to watch it a few times.

It would probably suck. We love Boy Meets World because it related to us growing up. We grew up with Cory Mathews.

Dude, Boy Meets World was the Bees Knees. Girl Meets World sounds pretty terrible. It seems that that the kid actors they get now a days are just awful compared to what we had.

Its more the writers for disney channel sitcoms all suck.

• Upvote 1

Teenage boys are relatable and entertaining, a teenage girl is a nightmare and terrible to watch

Teenage boys are relatable and entertaining, a teenage girl is a nightmare and terrible to watch

Haha. Especially if she is like girls today... Whoring around at 12 and what not.

But if Cory, Topanga, and the rest of the gang are back... They have my attention! :D

Bring back Feeny, then we'll talk.

• Upvote 2

everybody (not just on here, but every commentary I've seen on it) seems to be missing one major point: if this is going to be on the Disney Channel it will not be aimed at the same people who watched the original, who are now in their mid 20s to 30s, it'll be aimed at current pre-teens and Cory and Topanga will probably be minor characters, as parents are in most kids shows, so I'd be very surprised if anyone who loved Boy Meets World growing up doesn't think the new incarnation of it sucks, but that doesn't mean it won't be successful

It'll probably be terrible, but I'll probably try to watch it a few times.

this

It's official

Ben Savage will be playing Cory Matthews once again! The actor has joined the cast of "Girl Meets World," the sequel series to the '90s ABC comedy "Boy Meets World," according to the Disney Channel. Danielle Fishel will also reprise her "Boy Meets World" role as Topanga Lawrence for the pilot.

Casting going on for the daughter right now. Cory is also a history teacher now, just like Mr. Feeny.

Edited by Favre4Ever

The cast of "Boy Meets World." Danielle Fishel, who played Cory's love interest, Topanga, said all involved were interested in a sequel only if they could make it as special as the original.

Not even the wise Mr. Feeny could have seen this one coming.

The Disney Channel confirmed rumors that it is developing a “Boy Meets World” sequel about Cory and Topanga’s 13-year-old daughter, Riley: “Girl Meets World.”

Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel will reprise their roles as Cory Matthews and Topanga Lawrence, the central couple of “Boy Meets World.”

"I'm going to be a father! Well, on TV at least. The ‘Boy Meets World’ sequel is officially happening," Ben Savage tweeted Monday.

Danielle Fishel confirmed her involvement in a blog post on Tumblr.

“First of all, let me say that you, the fans of Boy Meets World, have been awesome,” she wrote. “That word is often used incorrectly by people, including myself, on a daily basis but you have truly been awe inspiring. You, yes, even YOU, are the reason that Girl Meets World WILL BE MADE.”

Fishel said that many conversations took place about the new sitcom before everyone agreed to it. The first sentence out of everyone’s mouth when approached with the idea was ““Let’s only do it if we think we can create something as special as we did with BMW.”

Boy Meets World, which ran from 1993 to 2000, became a popular staple in TGIF, ABC’s weekly block of family-friendly programming. The show endeared itself to a generation of children who, now in their twenties, are brimming with excitement over the announcement.

Fishel said that much of the cast shares the audience’s enthusiasm and nostalgia.

“Those years were among the most warm, hilarious, insightful, educational years of my life and I wouldn’t trade them for the world,” she wrote.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/hit-90s-sitcom-boy-meets-world-sequel-article-1.1209140#ixzz2DalvDTJ3

Who is eagerly anticipating the return of Minkus?!?!

Who is eagerly anticipating the return of Minkus?!?!

I always loved it when Shawn and Minkus got into their little fights/arguments

Ya. He disappeared when everyone got older, which was dumb.

Then they had this cool cameo...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/29/cory-and-topangas-daughter-cast-for-girl-meets-world

World, meet Girl. 11-year-old Rowan Blanchard has officially been cast to play Cory and Topanga's daughter on the Disney Channel's Boy Meets World spinoff, Girl Meets World.

"As soon as Rowan walked into the room, I was reminded of why Ben Savage was loved as Cory Matthews," said producer and Boy Meets World creator Michael Jacobs. "Rowan is real and accessible and I am hopeful this girl is about to meet a world that will love growing up with her as well."

rowan-blanchard-girl-meets-world.jpg

The young actress, whose credits include Spy Kids: All the Time in World in 4D and The Back-up Plan, was informed earlier tonight that she had landed the starring role as Riley Matthews in the upcoming family sitcom.

The pilot for Girl Meets World is scheduled to begin next month, according to EW.com. If (probably when) it gets a greenlight to series, the show will likely appear in the network's 2013-14 schedule.

I can't say that I'd watch it. I'm still entertained enough from re-runs of Boy Meets World on ABC Family every morning. :shrug:

But Boy Meets World sucked to begin with...

The beloved teacher has joined Disney Channel’s pilot for Girl Meets World, a potential reboot/followup to the ABC series Boy Meets World. William Daniels will reprise the signature role as Mr. Feeny, Deadline confirmed.

Daniels is 85 so I have trouble believing he'll have a huge role in the new show, but I am impressed at how many of the actors/actresses they're bringing back in for this

FEENAY!

FEEEEENAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUH FUH FUH FUH FEEEEEEEEEEEEEENAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

• Upvote 1