Piggly Wiggly

2012-13 College Basketball Season

Getting underway tonight. :yep:

24-hour marathon on Tuesday, and all of those invitational tournaments the following week.

6f6.gif

Yeah dawg.

I know it's late but lolIndiana. Now fucking Duke #1, great!

(10) Illinois vs. (12) Missouri

Saturday 5pm CT; St. Louis, MO

Top 15 match-up in a neutral arena with each school getting half the tickets. This is what college basketball is all about.

Yeah I'm really pumped for that game Windy. I wish I could be there. Last year's game was great. Hopefully it follows the same pattern as the last 3 years. :)

Kansas @ Ohio St. is where its at.

Revenge time.

Yeah I'm really pumped for that game Windy. I wish I could be there. Last year's game was great. Hopefully it follows the same pattern as the last 3 years. :)

Should be a great one. I have a feeling these teams are both pretty different than in the last couple of years. :) It could go either way, IMO, but know that everyone has been underestimating the ILLINI all season, and it has just made them a better team as a result.

I don't really know what to make of Mizzou this year. On paper we have a ton of talent but considering pretty much everyone is new, chemistry has been difficult, especially since a star player got kicked off the team. I think tonight is a big test to see where we're at.

Well, the teams may be different but the result is the same. :)

Alright so with conference play really starting up we're left with four undefeated teams in Division 1. Here they are along with their next five games. Who do you guys think is most likely to be the last undefeated remaining and how long do you think they could go for?

Duke (15-0, 2-0 ACC)

01/12 @ #20 NC State

01/17 vs. Georgia Tech

01/23 @ Miami

01/26 vs. Maryland

01/30 @ Wake Forest

Michigan (15-0, 2-0 Big Ten)

01/09 vs. Nebraska

01/13 @ #15 Ohio State

01/17 @ #8 Minnesota

01/24 vs. Purdue

01/27 @ #12 Illinois

Arizona (14-0, 2-0 Pac-12)

01/10 @ Oregon

01/12 @ Oregon State

01/19 @ Arizona State

01/24 vs. UCLA

01/26 vs. USC

Wyoming (13-0, 0-0 Mountain West)

01/09 vs. Boise State

01/12 @ Nevada

01/16 @ Fresno State

01/19 vs. #16 San Diego State

01/24 @ #24 UNLV

I think as long as Duke can win on the road at NC State this Saturday they should have no problem going into February undefeated. No way they make it through all of ACC play undefeated though.

Michigan will fall either at Ohio State or at Minnesota. Don't see how they could escape those back-to-back road games with two wins.

Arizona is good but their ripe to lose soon having barely pulled out their last three games. Could possibly happen tomorrow night on the road at Oregon.

Wyoming won't last now that conference play is starting. They may win these first three but they'll get their first true test against San Diego State on the 19th.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Duke will probably remain undefeated after next 5 games :shifty:

Michigan has a really tough schedule and I see them losing two of those 5 games. Arizona will lose one of those road games and San Diego State is going to end Wyoming's winning streak.

Have a bad feeling Michigan is winning it all.

Arizona is good but their ripe to lose soon having barely pulled out their last three games. Could possibly happen tomorrow night on the road at Oregon.

:corn:

Duke will probably remain undefeated after next 5 games :shifty:

I'm glad I'm wrong. Fuck Duke.

Now Mich gon lose :shifty:

I hate to be the guy that cries foul with the refs, but honestly Indiana probably got 15+ points just off of calls that weren't fouls. It might be that people are starting to baby basketball now (any bit of contact = a foul in my HS' league), but seriously how the fuck do you botch like five straight foul calls? Hell, one of the fouls was actually against Indiana. It was a good game and they are a good team, but I think Minnesota could have actually won had bullshit calls not stomped over any momentum they gained in the last eight minutes.

Now Mich gon lose :shifty:

This guy really knows his stuff

Minnesota only dropped to #9 (prev. #8) in the AP Poll and #12 (prev. #10) in the Coaches' Poll! :party:

Mizzou is 17th in the AP. We're gonna be unranked next week if Bowers can't play against florida.

Just wandering. Anybody actually thinks the Big Ten is this good? Or are they just all overrated?

I watch all these teams play, and they look good, but I really don't trust them to beat the beasts from the East, or the regular powerhouses come tournament time.

UNC now tied with Duke in the ACC standings. :devious:

Hoping UNC can put together a legit run towards the tourney. Otherwise, they're NIT bound lol. Pretty big game coming up at NC State this Saturday. It's gonna be on ESPN3D, too. :rock: