Vin

Packers @ Lions

Great play by Cobb, but Stafford has A LOT of time left to do nothing but move into position for a FG. I like our chances, but definitely not overconfident. This is exactly what the Packers do in close games, they give you glimmers of hope, but SOMETHING always goes wrong in the end to seal it for the other team.

Let's see how this plays out.

INCOMPLETE ON THE HAIL MARY TO SCHEFFLER...

OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you throw hail mary's,throw them to Megatron,not Scheffler..

Jerron McMillan catches Megatrons lateral on the final play of the game! Thank God!!!!

GO PACK GO

Welp, Stafford played like shit. And like all season our offense couldn't capitalize on our defense overachieving. Fairley at least gave me a lot to be excited about.

Time for some comments....

Crosby is the big talking point right now. The guy is just bad. When he is on, he's a solid kicker... but his confidence is completely and utterly shot. Every single kick of his looks like it is almost rolling off his foot and they ALL have huge tailing action. I don't trust him with anything over 40 yards and anything over 30 is shaky. We can't deal with that as the weather is turning on the Frozen Tundra. I don't know what to do with him... I want to say it's time to move on, but where else do we turn? I like him as a player, but not only do we not have faith in him, but he doesn't have faith in himself.

I liked the game from Starks today. Nothing spectacular. YPC was on the low end, but he was decisive, hit his hole, and ran with authority. If he can do that every game, we are set. Although of course, I hope for better in the YPC department.

This was also a defensive struggle, which kind of surprised me. The Packers WR had openings, but Rodgers didn't have the time. The Lions D line just dominated us all day. We pulled a lot of double teams on Suh which opened up one on ones with Fairly, who just obliterated anyone in his way today. Lions also did a good job against the run.. Clogging the lanes, sealing the edge, and generally not giving us a ton of room to run.

On the other hand.. I was EXTREMELY impressed with the Packers defense. We have our 3rd string ILB playing by Hawk... We don't have our biggest pass rusher in Clay Matthews. We don't have our leader in Charles Woodson. We played rookies at OLB (undrafted FA), S, and CB today. They came through, they really did.

There was one bad series where the Lions got nothing but big throws, and there were a handful of nice plays to Calvin Johnson. Other than that, Lions offense was fairly inept. LeShoure had 2 or 3 runs over 8 yards, which are nice but they didn't come often enough. He ran well today, but it wasn't enough to overcome Stafford's complete lack of efficiency. The guy was all over the map today, made some horrible reads, over and under threw numerous wideouts, etc.

Not a good day for Stafford, and I give a lot of credit to our D for that. Without one of the best pass rushers in the league, we still sacked Stafford FIVE times which I would never have expected. We also picked the ball off a couple of times and recovered a couple of Lions fumbles.

The D played well enough that we should have won this game by 14+. But like I said, Lions D came to play and until it mattered most, kept us out of the endzone all afternoon which is amazing in and of itself.

The last thing I would like to add is that the Lions 2nd to last drive (the one in which they had time) was absolutely dreadful. The play calling was awful -- Stafford dropped back to throw 4 times or whatever and the decisions were bad, the throws weren't particularly good... LeShoure had a nice day running the ball, why not get him involved? Broyles just a few drives earlier shredded the Packers on a short pass that he ran for crazy YAC... Why put everything onto Staffords shoulders when he didn't look very good before that drive?

The Lions sideline didn't give them a chance to win it in the end at all.

Morgan Burnett's INT could have made everything a lot easier for the Pack..

Morgan Burnett's INT could have made everything a lot easier for the Pack..

Haha. Definitely. Still don't know how that happened. Stafford made a DREADFUL read on the play. The Packers let Scheffler loose and he was running up the seam alone in the endzone. Stafford came back to Johnson who was covered well by Burnett (who read the play perfectly) and somehow... The ball went through his hands into the awaiting mitts of Calvin Johnson. Disappointing play, for sure. Thankfully that play and the missed Crosby FGs didn't come back to haunt us.

Nate Kaeding is available. Good as it gets in the regular season, but you'll juts have to find another kicker come post-season time.

McCarthy apparently still has full confidence in Crosby... :sigh:

Fuck confidence. Lamest excuse I ever seen. If he's low on confidence give him some teddy grahams and a pat on the back for christ sake.

He's not kicking it well and all we're doing by sending him out there to miss more is humiliating him and the team. This is what happens when we don't bring any competition in for him. He gets complacent, doesn't work as hard, I don't fucking know. But I'm damn tired of it.

He's a motherfucking professional athlete. I hate when "low confidence" is used as an excuse for professional athletes playing poorly.

On a side note good win. The Lions played pretty tough today.

Would you have confidence in his spot?! lol. You suck and everyone hates you. You see Greg trying to cheer him up on the sideline?! lol