Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

NOTRE DAME TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Sorry, but I need to do this. I have been following Notre Dame football since before I can remember. I went off to school at the University of Illinois this year, but I still follow ND and seeing them head off to the National Championship after all of these years of mediocrity makes me smile. Even if you aren't a Notre Dame fan, I think you can admit that it is good for college football to have a team that is non-SEC in the NC. I think we can also agree that it is good to have a team who has high academic standards and a clean recruiting record in the NC. The Fighting Irish are going to the National Championship!

notre-dame-flag-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

The best part about this?

Florida isn't going to be in the NC game.

Sorry, but I need to do this. I have been following Notre Dame football since before I can remember. I went off to school at the University of Illinois this year, but I still follow ND and seeing them head off to the National Championship after all of these years of mediocrity makes me smile. Even if you aren't a Notre Dame fan, I think you can admit that it is good for college football to have a team that is non-SEC in the NC. I think we can also agree that it is good to have a team who has high academic standards and a clean recruiting record in the NC. The Fighting Irish are going to the National Championship!

notre-dame-flag-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

You do realize that last year was the first time in BCS history that two SEC teams played for the National Championship, right? Don't be stupid lol.

And yay, Notre Dame gets the honor of getting skull fucked by either Georgia or Alabama in the Natty. The Dawgs/Tide are going to fucking throttle a team that deserved to lose against Pittsburgh. How exciting. :lol:

• Upvote 1

I hope ND wins the NC game just to silence all the haters.

Go Irish!

You do realize that last year was the first time in BCS history that two SEC teams played for the National Championship, right? Don't be stupid lol.

And yay, Notre Dame gets the honor of getting skull fucked by either Georgia or Alabama in the Natty. The Dawgs/Tide are going to fucking throttle a team that deserved to lose against Pittsburgh. How exciting. :lol:

Yeah, I do realize that, and I'm just saying that it is good for CFB to have a team that can challenge the SEC (and take their beloved 1 spot in the rankings) instead of having them take #1 and #2 like they have done in the past. It sounds like you're just a little sore that ND football is back and LSU, well, just isn't as good.

GO IRISH! Haters gonna hate.

Yeah, I do realize that, and I'm just saying that it is good for CFB to have a team that can challenge the SEC (and take their beloved 1 spot in the rankings) instead of having them take #1 and #2 like they have done in the past.

In the past? As in just 2011? You're still being stupid lol.

It sounds like you're just a little sore that ND football is back and LSU, well, just isn't as good.

ND football is back? Yeah, good luck replicating another season like this after Te'o, Eifert, Riddick, etc., are gone. ND will be reeling while LSU will be back in BCS contention. BTW, remember the last time ND was in a BCS game? They got bitch slapped by LSU in the Sugar lol. Time to take another whooping in Miami, Irish. :yep:

tumblr_le0p9rWUr51qbunzc-1.png

FWIW... hypothetical game lines for the top five of the SEC vs. ND per Bovada:

Alabama: -9.5

Georgia: -3

Florida: -1.5

LSU: -3

Texas A&M: -3.5

Lawd.

I'm tired of the SEC and DEFINITELY tired of Nick Saban.. If it's Bama, go ND. If it's Georgia, I don't really care.

Guest Phailadelphia

ND is going to fare a lot better against Bama than people think. I'll be pulling for them for sure.

ND is going to fare a lot better against Bama than people think. I'll be pulling for them for sure.

You're so right. I expected 42-7, not 35-7.

:sigh: One of the worst National Championship games I have seen and I knew it was coming. Bama is way and far the most talented team in college football. If they played Texas A&M again, I'd pick Bama every time.

Yeah, they did show McCarons girlfriend a lot.

I bet that was the longest game that Notre Dame felt they ever played.

• Upvote 1

Make that 7.

They get beat down by the champs every year... That counts, right?

None won by the Razorbacks. The conference isn't your team.

Still butthurt I see. :tissue: Congrats on making it that far. Good luck next year.

They get beat down by the champs every year... That counts, right?

Yep, we had something in common this year though. :rofl:

Edited by rzb