Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: Eagles to pursue Chip Kelly

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the feeling around the NFL is that the Eagles will make a "heavy push" to land Oregon's Chip Kelly as Andy Reid's head-coaching replacement.

It's been no secret for months that Kelly is heading to the NFL in 2013. The Ducks' season ends after the Fiesta Bowl on January 3, and league sources tell La Canfora the Eagles will be among the first -- if not the first -- team to schedule an interview with Kelly after the game. Winning the Kelly sweepstakes could potentially rekindle the Eagles' interest in retaining Michael Vick. Kelly's high-speed, high-volume spread offense is quarterbacked by an athletic distributor of the football who presents a dual-threat dilemma for defenses. Dec 24 - 6:48 PM

Source: CBS Sports

What exactly does "the feeling around the NFL mean?" Sounds like there's really nothing to this story other than LaCanfora stirring up shit. I really hope we don't go after Kelly. I'm not saying that he can't make it in the NFL, but I don't want the Eagles to be the team that tries to find out and I definitely don't want to keep Vick. Even if he can put up big numbers in Kelly's system he's made of fucking glass. Really hope this is as unsubstantiated as it sounds.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I want next week to be Vick last game as an Eagle. Foles needs to be the future as we move forward. As far as Kelly, great college coach and there has been a wave of successful college coaches in the Nfl now but I'm not sure just yet.

As far as the source, this didn't come from the Eagles camp at all.

I thought Gruden was coming back out for Philly? Or was it Cowher?

:troll:

According to Sports Illustrated, Oregon's Chip Kelly will be looking for "near complete control when it comes to personnel decision-making power" if he's to make the jump to the NFL.

SI's Don Banks believes that could make Kelly a no-go for the Eagles, who are expected to make a big push for the Ducks' innovative offensive mind. According to Banks, Kelly could also be a possibility for the Panthers. With only an interim GM in place in Carolina, Kelly could likely get the "complete control" he's seeking if coach Ron Rivera is dismissed. Kelly's addition would be an exciting one for Cam Newton.

Source: Sports Illustrated

1266464746097.jpg

• Upvote 2

el oh el @ a college coach telling NFL teams that he wants complete control...or near complete control...

I'd tell him to kick rocks too...

• Upvote 1

Maybe thats why he bailed on the Bucs at the last minute. I wouldn't want him either if he wanted complete control over the roster. I don't like any coach having that sorta control.

el oh el @ a college coach telling NFL teams that he wants complete control...or near complete control...

I'd tell him to kick rocks too...

Amen. If this report is true, it's just another reason why I want no part of Kelly in Philly.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Oregon's Chip Kelly will not insist on "total control of football operations" in interviews with NFL teams.

The wide assumption has been that Kelly would seek final say on personnel matters because of his offensive system's unique style, but that's apparently not the case. It's important news that increases his chances of landing somewhere with a GM already in place, like Philadelphia or Buffalo. We still suspect Kelly will suggest he's given a key role in shaping the roster he has to work with.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Not sure I want Chip Kelly even though college coaches are coming into the league and having success like Jim Harbaugh etc, I want a coach with pro experience.

I wouldn't mind Mike Nolan as a HC with either Jay Gruden or Mike McCoy as our OC. Or possibly Luvie Smith as our HC with Jay Gruden or McCoy; or McCoy as our HC possibly and bring in a good DC candidate. Norv Turner wouldn't be bad as a OC either I guess; not HC though.

I wouldn't mind Mike Nolan as a HC with either Jay Gruden or Mike McCoy as our OC. Or possibly Luvie Smith as our HC with Jay Gruden or McCoy

Neither Jay Gruden nor Mike McCoy will be making a lateral move. If either one leaves their current team, it'll be to take a head coaching position.

Gus Bradley all the way. I'd probably settle for McCoy, too, but I think the Eagles are waiting for Bradley. Either that, or they pull some name out of nowhere and get him.

Edited by SilverEagle5

Apparently the Browns weren't happy with how Chip handled himself...

I wonder how many more times owners and GMs will be willing to go round and round with the guy year in and year out.

Maybe he's just going through this crap to get more and more money from Phil Knight...

:shrug:

Edited by BucD

Apparently the Browns weren't happy with how Chip handled himself...

I wonder how many more times owners and GMs will be willing to go round and round with the guy year in and year out.

Maybe he's just going through this crap to get more and more money from Phil Knight...

I don't think any NFL team will take him seriously anymore. Next offseason someone might give him an interview if they're intrigued by his potential, but nobody will make him the focus of their head coaching search. :nope:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ This guy. Maybe his fat ass just likes the free food the NFL teams give him.

This is what I think. Bill O'Brien did the same thing with Penn State this year. Ended up getting an extra $1.5 million.

But anyways, lol at this fat ass. Stay in the college ranks forever, you fucking loser.

Edited by ICum4Falcons

But anyways, lol at this fat ass. Stay in the college ranks forever, you fucking loser.

46-7 coaching record with 2 BCS bowl wins and a NCG appearance. He may be a douche, but he's anything but a loser.

• Upvote 1

Out of all the coaching candidates, I'm really leaning towards Mike McCoy. I want an offensive mind to help develop a Nick Foles who I believe can be a starter in this league. I think the best person to tap into that untapped potential is Mike McCoy. Mike McCoy has shown adaptability. To have a Kyle Orton and then go to a Tim Tebow with different (opposite) skill set and draw up a game plan to still make it to the play offs and WIN a play off game; with TIM TEBOW... Hats off. That had to be some DRASTIC changes in the game plan and shows his diversity in his (offensive) coaching capabilities. He has been under Josh McDaniels who is one of the better OC's in the league. Also a year with Peyton (smartest QB to ever play the game) doesn't hurt. So he's been around some great talent in coaches and players. Not a bad learning tree. With the weapons that we do have on offense, LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, a play maker in Brent Celek (if he can be more consistent at times), if Nick Foles matures and progresses into a starting NFL QB, I can see our offense being dangerous once again. This is an offensive league; passing in particular. If you look at the last couple of Super Bowl winners, they have all had top notch offenses: Giants (in the play offs accompanied by a dominant D-line), Packers and Saints. We need to turn our offense into a big play offense while we have the weapons. Even with this said, while defense is said to win Super Bowls, the last six teams to win Super bowls, their QBs have been mentioned in the elite category.

If we don't go offensive, I'd want Mike Nolan or Gus Bradley. Done more research on Gus Bradley lately and I think I may have become a fan.

Doubt that we get Luvie Smith.

Earlier I mentioned Jay Gruden. After that play off game, I took a real close look into the Bengals the last two seasons. Even though they made the play offs, a good portion of it is because of that defense (D-line). While Dalton to A.J Green has become the best dynamic duo in the 1st two years of any QB and WR, I think it's more so credited to A.J Green being so awesome. Still a little questionable with Dalton. Not writing him off though.

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

God. I really want to see Mike Nolan get another shot. Maybe for selfish reasons, because he makes the sidelines look GOOD. lol

BWAttachment1244854-5.jpg

God. I really want to see Mike Nolan get another shot. Maybe for selfish reasons, because he makes the sidelines look GOOD. lol

Sounds like a man crush.

:troll:

He does look classy though.

I agree. If I were a coach, I'd definitely wear a suit on the sidelines. I think they all should.

• Upvote 2