Vin

Vikings @ Packers

Packers declared RB James Starks, WR Donald Driver, WR Jarrett Boykin, CB Davon House, OLB Frank Zombo, DT Jordan Miller, and DE Jerel Worthy inactive for the Wild Card Round against the Vikings.

Driver has likely played his last snap in a Green Bay uniform. Starks has a knee injury and was listed as questionable on the injury report, although there was never a realistic chance he'd play. Randall Cobb (ankle) and Jordy Nelson (knee) are both active. They're also getting back S/CB Charles Woodson.

Vikings CB Antoine Winfield is active for Saturday night's Wild Card matchup with the Packers.

Minnesota's Week 18 inactives are QB Christian Ponder, WR Stephen Burton, CB Brandon Burton, LB Tyrone McKenzie, OL Troy Kropog, DE DeAundre Reed, and DE George Johnson.

Winfield will attempt to play through a broken hand, although he didn't last long trying to do the same last week. After Winfield's exit, Aaron Rodgers lit up fill-in slot cornerback Marcus Sherels. Jan 5 - 6

Well, when you guys kick his ass and make him look like the third stringer that he is, you'll understand why I'm saying right here, right now, that this game is already over. O-V-E-R.

Packers 24

Vikings 7

You think the Packers prepared for a QB completely the opposite play style as the Vikings starter? I doubt it. I am not saying he will destroy us. But he has the propensity to make bigger plays then Ponder -- with his legs and his arm.

I think the Vikings chances of winning are better now then they were an hour ago.

You think the Packers prepared for a QB completely the opposite play style as the Vikings starter? I doubt it. I am not saying he will destroy us. But he has the propensity to make bigger plays then Ponder -- with his legs and his arm.

I think the Vikings chances of winning are better now then they were an hour ago.

Ponder is more athletic than he looks. When he runs, he's faster than you'd expect and usually gets first downs easily and often goes for ten or twenty more.

They're different, but not that different.

Joe Webb brings an interesting twist to this game, but I still feel that the Packers win this one easily. Even if Adrian Peterson has another Adrian Peterson game, I see Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay's offense doing big things. Minnesota won't be able to keep up.

:Packers: 35

:Vikings: 17

I think as long as Adrian Peterson is running well, it shouldn't matter. All Joe Webb is really going to be asked to do is what Ponder is asked to do majority of the time - protect the football. That's it. Protect the football. I think he can do that, along with bring somewhat of an "x-factor" for the Vikings.

I definitely like the fact that Winfield is active tonight, despite his broken hand. That's a huge addition for them in this game. The Vikings D will keep it from getting ugly, that much I think we can all believe.

I don't think that Woodson will help against Peterson as much as everyone thinks he will.

Vikings 24-21. Not really sure why, and I don't like picking against the Pack, I just have a good feeling about the Vikings.

Joe Webb looked good on his first play, AP been getting all touches this drive.

Packers offense started really slow last week.. Let's see what they do today.

Great drive. The defense needs to step up and shut these Vikings down!

:(

EDIT: This has blowout written all over it. I'm going to shut off the TV for now...

Edited by Vikingfan465

After a shaky start, the Packers' defense played a lot better. Walden is playing well and Webb looks horrible. The offense looks great outside of McCarthy being a dipshit at the goal line. Running up the middle hardly works, yet Kuhn got two tries. I just don't understand McCarthy at times...

Yikes, do the Vikings have another option at QB?!

The fact that the Vikings are still running this shell cover 2 is mind boggling. The middle of the field is being torn apart... Short and deep. STOP IT!!!

The fact that the Vikings are still running this shell cover 2 is mind boggling. The middle of the field is being torn apart... Short and deep. STOP IT!!!

Teams have run this all year on us with, actually, quite a lot of success. We have just really failed to utilize the middle and these short, quick throws and screens. This has been the formula on defense to keep the Packers in a low - mid scoring bout to give your offense a chance.

Two problems, however.

1. The Vikings offense looks pathetic. Packers cam prepared to stop Peterson, and Webb can't throw the ball to save his life.

2. The Packer offense FINALLY. After 16 games, came prepared to battle the Cover 2.

This is like watching a fucking preseason game.

And I want to know who made the call on Ponder. Was it Ponder, himself, in which case he's a pussy? Was it Musgrave? Was it Frazier? And if it was Frazier...I really think he is, unintentionally, too loyal to race. Jesus.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Downvote 3

This is like watching a fucking preseason game.

And I want to know who made the call on Ponder. Was it Ponder, himself, in which case he's a pussy? Was it Musgrave? Was it Frazier? And if it was Frazier...I really think he is, unintentionally, too loyal to race. Jesus.

He's a very good friend of Tony Dungy and proud of being black. There is no doubt. But come on.. He made a decision on who plays because one guy is black and the other is white?

• Upvote 1

And... let's begin preparing for next season.

He's a very good friend of Tony Dungy and proud of being black. There is no doubt. But come on.. He made a decision on who plays because one guy is black and the other is white?

I was implying that race may subconsciously affect the way he makes his decisions. There's a reason McNabb played for so damn long last season before they benched him.

I'm not trying to accuse him of racism or anything, but he should review decisions like these countless times before he makes them. Unless Ponder absolutely, positively couldn't go, there's no way he wouldn't have been better than this.

Also, the Vikes offense really faltered when they started trying to throw the ball. What about that first drive wasn't an indicator for Bill Musgrave to do moving forward?

I want Musgrave fired. Badly.

Bill Musgrave is living proof that you need at least a Kindergartner education to succeed as an Offensive Coordinator in the NFL.

Anybody else feels like the Packers could be eating up more time by throwing then doing these empty runs?

Absolutely. Our offense turned very vanilla very quickly. Not sure if Mike wants to get Harris more reps, if he doesn't want to show his hand to the Niners too much, or a mixture of the two.