Vin

Vikings @ Packers

WHY PASS THE BALL TWO TIMES WHEN AP JUST GOT 27 YARDS ON TWO CARRIES

Congrats to the Pack on a solid win. As crazy as it sounds, you'll have my support for the remainder of the playoffs. Best of luck.

Get ready for us San Fran! Should be a good one!

Good game to the Vikings! It might not be an ideal way to end the season, but what a comeback season they had. From 3-13 to 10-6 and a playoff berth. Great turn around, and a season to be proud of.

• Upvote 1

This is like watching a fucking preseason game.

And I want to know who made the call on Ponder. Was it Ponder, himself, in which case he's a pussy? Was it Musgrave? Was it Frazier? And if it was Frazier...I really think he is, unintentionally, too loyal to race. Jesus.

Apparently you weren't watching the pregame when it showed Ponder trying to throw the ball.

Ponder would have been worse than Webb was tonight, he couldn't even bring his arm around in a complete throwing motion. Calling a guy a pussy when he literally could not throw a football as required at the NFL level is a pretty dick move, Bware.

Ya.. You kinda grazed the topic. But I don't think it was a pain tolerance problem. I think the problem was the injury actually physically limiting his motion. He literally couldn't function as a normal QB needs to function to not only be successful, but to play at all. If it was just about pain, I bet you he plays.

Saw this coming. Should have given Peterson the extra 9 yards against the Pack rather than kick a FG.

Now you came up 9 yards short of the most rushing yards ever AND took a Wild Card exit. Shame.

I'm excited for our game on Saturday! Should be a great match-up against the 49ers :D

QB play is everything. Not just in this game..but I think it goes to show that if you aren't an elite, or close to elite QB or at least playing near a level come playoff time. Your team will not survive.

I mean, there are multiple reasons why the Vikings lost, but you can't win in the NFL with a rush heavy offense and average at best defense.

Balance.

Vikings are a team that needs to entirely change their offense around Peterson. First they need a QB, because Ponder is not the answer...you need someone that can launch bombs down the field on a consistent accurate basis, and Ponder is not that.

• Upvote 2

QB play is everything. Not just in this game..but I think it goes to show that if you aren't an elite, or close to elite QB or at least playing near a level come playoff time. Your team will not survive.

I mean, there are multiple reasons why the Vikings lost, but you can't win in the NFL with a rush heavy offense and average at best defense.

Balance.

Vikings are a team that needs to entirely change their offense around Peterson. First they need a QB, because Ponder is not the answer...you need someone that can launch bombs down the field on a consistent accurate basis, and Ponder is not that.

You're talking about Ponder not being the answer, but he didn't even play in the game. There's nothing saying that the Packers would have been able to win the game with Ponder playing. Ponder had a great season. If you have a guy like Ponder who was really doing well at managing the game early in the season and Adrian Peterson at running back, you don't need a big passing game.

The problem with people right now is that they want the Vikings to change their offense. The Vikings are and always will be a run first offense until Peterson isn't there anymore. They have a good defense, and if they have an average quarterback they are going to do things. Ponder actually gives them that, he can throw that deep ball every once in a while to keep defenses honest. He's not going to win a game for you, but as long as he doesn't lose the game for you - it doesn't matter. Could they use a better option at QB? Sure, but that's not their most pressing need right now. You've got Percy Harvin who isn't able to stay healthy - that's your biggest weapon outside of Peterson on offense? Get a big/physical wide receiver who can make plays, then decide if you need a QB.

While I do think Ponder is average. He needs help on the outside badly. They signed Simpson to be an number two and he has been a dissapointment in the games I've seen him play, sloppy route running and poor hands. I've read an article that Jarius Wright had more yards and TDS and catches in the small amount of games he played than the other vikings WR had together. If Harvin does leave... Won't be to fun for the vikings.

When Harvin is out Wright is really their only playmaker on the outside I guess.

You're talking about Ponder not being the answer, but he didn't even play in the game. There's nothing saying that the Packers would have been able to win the game with Ponder playing. Ponder had a great season. If you have a guy like Ponder who was really doing well at managing the game early in the season and Adrian Peterson at running back, you don't need a big passing game.

The problem with people right now is that they want the Vikings to change their offense. The Vikings are and always will be a run first offense until Peterson isn't there anymore. They have a good defense, and if they have an average quarterback they are going to do things. Ponder actually gives them that, he can throw that deep ball every once in a while to keep defenses honest. He's not going to win a game for you, but as long as he doesn't lose the game for you - it doesn't matter. Could they use a better option at QB? Sure, but that's not their most pressing need right now. You've got Percy Harvin who isn't able to stay healthy - that's your biggest weapon outside of Peterson on offense? Get a big/physical wide receiver who can make plays, then decide if you need a QB.

Sorry but there needs to be a balance. You cannot have Peterson averaging more YPC than your QB is YPA attempt. There's absolutely no way in today's NFL that a team like the Vikings are now will EVER win a championship. The days of that are over...and the game showed why. AP is a future HOF'er in his prime right now, but how is a team supposed to run when they are down by more than 3 possessions at the middle of the second quarter?

One dimensional offenses only get you so far, but Ponder does not scare anybody. He's not a threat at QB to drop bombs down the field...only thing he does right is turn the ball over, which honestly, any QB can do. All I'm saying is the Vikings need a QB that is something more than Ponder. Not elite...(that wouldn't hurt either) but someone that makes defenses think twice of bring 9 men down into the box to stop AP.

• Upvote 1

Ponder has career averages against GB of 48% comp, 6.43 YPA, 69.6 QBR... IDK how much of a difference he would of made in the "frozen tundra" considering his last two games outside weren't pretty at all.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F