Thanks. Knew there was something.

Ok let's go through the coaching changes:

New York Rangers - Alain Vingneault

Colorado Avalanche - Patrick Roy

Dallas Stars - Lindy Ruff

Edmonton Oilers - Dallas Eakins

Teams still searching for a coach:

Vancouver Canucks - John Totorella?

Although I like John Totorella as a Head Coach, I appreciate his candor and blunt attitude when describing how his team is playing at the momoment, but I think the Canucks need a HC with a better track record in the playoffs! :yep:

Tanguay back with the Avs :rock:

Vincent Lecavalier has decided to sign with the Philadelphia Flyers for five years and $23.5 million, according to multiple media outlets.

A source tells ESPN's Pierre LeBrun the deal also includes a full no-movement clause. Lecavalier will definitely boost the Flyers' forward corps and should fill Danny Briere's role as the second-line center right off the bat. He'll also be a nice veteran in a room that's mostly filled with kids. The problem, of course, is Philly will probably have to trade away salary to facilitate Lecavalier and a new goaltender. Get ready for those Braydon Coburn rumors to heat up. Related: Flyers

Source: Tim Panoccio on Twitter

According to Pierre LeBrun, the Montreal Canadiens reached out to unrestricted free agent center Daniel Briere on Tuesday night.

In light of the Vinny Lecavalier signing in Philly, this news comes as little surprise. The recently bought out 35-year-old Gatineau, Quebec native is still mulling his options, but he could be a nice fit with the Habs who are in need of some offensive help up the middle. According to LeBrun, the New :corn:Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, and Nashville Predators have all expressed interest in Briere's services.

Source: ESPN.com

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Man, I know we're rebuilding but I'd love to bring Briere back. I don't like that he's thought of as a pariah.

Man, I know we're rebuilding but I'd love to bring Briere back. I don't like that he's thought of as a pariah.

I know. I think he'd do well in Buffalo again. It would give them a boost IMO.

@reporterchris 2m

Daniel Briere heads to La Belle Province! Veteran has a two-year deal with the #habs. Confirmed.

@reporterchris 2m

Daniel Briere heads to La Belle Province! Veteran has a two-year deal with the #habs. Confirmed.

I'm actually pretty happy that Daniel Briere signed with the Canadiens! :yep:

If you are born and grow up in Quebec, it would be everyone dream's to play for the Habs, in front of their great and passionate fans, and to play for a team with such a great and storied history! :yep:

:rock: Canadiens / Habs :rock:

The Philadelphia Flyers and forward Claude Giroux are close to a multiyear contract extension, according to multiple reports.

Philly.com says the deal will be for eight years, $66 million and will be finalized "within a day or two." Other reports also say the contract will be worth more than $8 million annually.

Giroux, 25, is heading into the final year of a three-year contract that carried a $3.75 million annual salary-cap charge. The Flyers captain had 48 points (35 assists) in 48 games in 2012-13, following a season when he scored 93 points (65 assists) in 77 games.

He has 91 goals and 200 assists in 333 NHL games, all with the Flyers.

I'm not happy with the Seguin trade, I would've kept him. He was only the team's leading point getter last season at age 20. This year it took a while for him to get back into rhythm after playing in Europe during the lockout, and he still had a pretty decent season.

I'm really afraid we just gave up a guy that is gonna haunt us for the next 10 years. He's probably scoring 40 goals next year. :panic:

I am satisfied with the return the Bruins got, but I would not have given up on Seguin like that. He likes to stay out late drinking and partying, but come on, I would too if I was in his situation.

Edited by BradyFan81

Didn't you do the same thing with Kessel just a few years ago?

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Silfverberg, Noesen and 1st to ANA for Bobby Ryan. Big deal for OTT.