SteVo

Eagles hire Chip Kelly

Originally reported by Chris Mortensen, now confirmed by Jay Glazer.

What a turn of events.

This guy is trash. I hope the Eagles don't win a single game during his tenure and then he bolts for some shit show Div 10 school. Possibility is there for a season or two of not complete suckage as teams adjust to playing his offense that everyone assumes he is with him from the college game.

• Upvote 1

Will, they though? I would figure they might want to find somebody younger and maybe as capable of running his offense. Maybe someone who can actually read defenses, make adjustments, that sort of thing.

If he keeps Vick, I think you are going to see a lot of people turn on him really quickly. lol

I'll comment in full later, but for now I want to clarify something.

0% chance the Eagles keep Vick. He's going to be cut because of his contract, and once he is, he won't re-sign with Philly because he knows his chances of beating out Nick Foles are very, very small.

This guy is trash. I hope the Eagles don't win a single game during his tenure and then he bolts for some shit show Div 10 school. Possibility is there for a season or two of not complete suckage as teams adjust to playing his offense that everyone assumes he is with him from the college game.

I thought the assumption was that he would have to modify his system to work in the NFL, sure the read option has worked some this season with QBs like RG3, Wilson, and to a lesser extent Kaepernick, but I still don't think you can run it exclusively with any success in the NFL

then again, as I'm sure everyone knows I don't pay a whole lot of attention to college ball, so I may be over simplifying Kelly's Oregon offense

I too will fully comment on this some other time cause I got class in like 30, but I will say this for right now.

You could see this from a mile away. Like I said, the owner literally described Chip to a T after black Monday. I didn't think they'd be able to agree on a deal, but I think it was pretty obvious the Eagles wanted him bad.

It's a good hire though.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I'll give him a chance. I hope he doesn't bolt ala Bobby Petrino.

This and we will regret not hiring Bradley.

• Upvote 2

I thought the assumption was that he would have to modify his system to work in the NFL, sure the read option has worked some this season with QBs like RG3, Wilson, and to a lesser extent Kaepernick, but I still don't think you can run it exclusively with any success in the NFL

then again, as I'm sure everyone knows I don't pay a whole lot of attention to college ball, so I may be over simplifying Kelly's Oregon offense

Oh ya. I would expect him to modify it to the NFL. If he doesn't, it might just be an even smaller flash in the pan than I am expecting. As I said the first time we thought he wanted to be an Eagle. It's a big boom or bust kind of move. Now that he has confirmed he is a rat, I am hoping for the latter.

He could prove me wrong though. We'll see what staff he puts together.

People are ridiculous to believe that Kelly is going to try and roll with the same offense that he used in college ball. Yes, his offense was fantastic. You have to realize though, he's a football coach first and foremost. They aren't dumb. He knows what will and won't work in the NFL, and I'm sure he understands the NFL is a whole different type of game. You might see shades of his style from college ball, but it won't be the same. I expect to see an extremely heavy dose of the running game with Shady and Brown.

@MoveTheSticks:

Text from a league source: "somewhere Monte Kiffin just saddled up to a bar and ordered a double. Chip freaking Kelly."

@schadjoe:

Oregon AD Rob Mullens, earlier this month: "Obviously, we're ecstatic that Coach Kelly decided to remain at the University of Oregon."

HA!

Edited by BucD

Backpedaling Cunt.

If you're going to leave Oregon. Leave, don't fucking come back with your penis tucked between your legs because the fucking Browns didn't want you because you're a fat, controlling, arrogant cocksucker that shouldn't of left a great program at Oregon in the first place.

Have fun running whatever dogshit offense with the Eagles, because you won't last for 3 years there. Loser.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@caplannfl:

Chip Kelly press conference is at 1:30 pm ET on Thursday.

Will Brinson‏@willbrinson

Chip Kelly on Nick Foles in 2011: "Hell of a football player. That kid's a warrior. He's as good as anyone in the country."

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

Backpedaling Cunt.

If you're going to leave Oregon. Leave, don't fucking come back with your penis tucked between your legs because the fucking Browns didn't want you because you're a fat, controlling, arrogant cocksucker that shouldn't of left a great program at Oregon in the first place.

Have fun running whatever dogshit offense with the Eagles, because you won't last for 3 years there. Loser.

It wasn't that the Browns didn't want Kelly. He didn't want the Browns. Pretty obvious by the fact that he interviewed then turned them down.

Backpedaling? Yeah, probably. You have to realize though, you may only get one shot at the NFL.

It wasn't that the Browns didn't want Kelly. He didn't want the Browns. Pretty obvious by the fact that he interviewed then turned them down.

Backpedaling? Yeah, probably. You have to realize though, you may only get one shot at the NFL.

If you only get one shot at the NFL...and you want to leave for the NFL... why would you reject your 'one shot'?

The Eagles certainly didn't make it clear in their first meetings that they wanted Kelly, leaving it to conclude that the Browns were the only one that wanted him...and he rejected them.

I really don't know how to feel with this hire. He's an unknown entity in the nfl. It's really boom or bust but tbh, it can't really get much worse then our last season. So, I'm going to be optimistic and give him my full support. I heard amazing things at the college level about how brilliant he is. Hopefully he can adapt to the Nfl level and have some success. I felt a little bit better reading what Bill Belichick had to say about him:

“I was interested to hear how he did it. I would say he expanded it to a different level and it was very interesting to understand what he was doing. Certainly I’ve learned a lot from talking to Chip about his experiences with it and how he does it and his procedure and all that.” http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Football-World-Reacts-To-Kelly-Hire/f3023ea4-9eb4-48fa-aa83-3ee99e9466c8

Granted that doesn't mean anything but hopefully he can translate that well to the Nfl. Now since we have our HC, I would love to score Lovie Smith as our DC even though that is unlikely to happen. Jags will most likely pick up Gus and the Cardinals will probably promote Ray Horton so Lovie may not land anywhere. If he doesn't get a job, he may sit out for the year but if not, I hope he comes to Philly. Our defense needs him.

Edited by dutchff7

If we got Lovie Smith as a DC, I would be like

UBCVB.gif

Then I'd

iynCsXZR3nUrq.gif

Then do a little

2594939-FatBlackKidDance.gif

• Upvote 1

No way lovie settles for a coordinator job. He will sit out this year if no head coach gigs are available.

I know this is an NFL>Eagles thread, but...

Oregon is looking to hire Chip Kelly's replacement. Want to apply? No problem...

LINK

lol