Sign in to follow this  
ATL_Predator

Manti Te'o is a FRAUD

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

This is a very long article, but trust me, read it, and you will get a SLIGHT understanding of how big of a fuckwad this loser is. Despicable.

651892847.gif?key=300300&Expires=1358377661&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=xqKbJ48TmWHT3tOujgUlOcHmgq332PtA5dY0FAVZBAi3IXUbXuXuv8pd~44ZQUNfs8Uiw7CNdrE~3dWKSs~q8X3Qx-5~qII5BB7N8BM0cq7wSOnJekEigVtG6XjDlNhXrNXgknpZJXPmXmL3BdmdA9g61v7AACbmpWJDPbe24Gg_

Edited by Julio4Ever

tl;dr

• Upvote 1

I call bullshit on this whole article to be honest. Outside of the last part lol.

• Upvote 1

I call bullshit on this whole article to be honest. Outside of the last part lol.

Why? Because you like Manti? Like deadspin would really go through all the trouble to fabricate a long string of correspondence between themselves and the girl whose pictures were used on the "Kekua" Twitter. And I'm sure they made up the stuff about some obscure dude that never made it past high school football in Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. Or the "U'ilani" person, or the fact that a ton of this stuff was deleted once people started questioning it, or the fact that there aren't any records of a car accident or death, or the fact that nobody could get the timeline or story straight, or...you get the picture, I hope.

• Upvote 1

Gauwd... I kinda feel bad for him. LMAO.

To have your draft stock get ripped apart after that NC game, and now this... Imagine him in team interviews. Rofl.

Only fitting he is a fraud, since the entire Notre Dame football team were frauds. :troll:

• Downvote 1

Vote. Bigger fraud:

1. Manti Teo's "girlfriend."

2. Notre Dames schedule.

You decide.

From ESPN.com's article's comment section on this. :lol:

Hopefully they air his story on MTV Catfish. Dude is a wacko and is trying to cover it up.

Wow. Just wow.

There is no way on earth he is not involved in this.

• Upvote 2

This is crazy and he definitely knew about this, but this doesn't matter to me at all from a football standpoint. I still think he'll be successful in the NFL.

Definitely messed up though. I can't imagine how he thought this would be a good idea.

Edit: Weirdest thing, there was an article in the south bend tribune that explicitly mentioned how Te'o had met with his girlfriend in person (proof that he knew and was lying). The paper took the article down. If you want to see the article, its here. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Gsq3BkqY4-oJ:articles.southbendtribune.com/2012-10-12/sports/34419536_1_brian-and-ottilia-manti-te-o-irish-head-coach+brian-and-ottilia-manti-te&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

Edited by blotsfan

Articles with quotes from Te'o and his parents saying that he and the make-believe girlfriend had met and phone calls he's had with her etc. have been taken down since this thing blew up yesterday.

I posted one of the quotes from his parents in the shoutbox yesterday talking about how she'd come to Hawaii and they would meet up.

Manti and his parents are now in full save face and coverup mode. You cannot take back documented quotes though...

He's most def. in on it, IMO.

At the very least, he was duped and then just went along with it as an attempt to save face.

EDIT:

Te’o Teammate: “He lied, but the media blew it up.”

http://pepperonsports.tumblr.com/post/40728557823/teo-teammate-he-lied-but-the-media-blew-it-up

Edited by BucD

A lot of people seem to think that Manti Te'os friend was behind all of this. If such the case, what was in it for him? Did Te'o realy get duped? Good possibility on that one, but someone should have seen all the discrepancies. Hell, how did the media not see the discrepancies? Perhaps there's a slight chance that a lot of media outlets found out that it was a scam and just went along with it to try and get a big story out of the Manti Te'o deal. Also a good possibility these days.

So, who's lying here? Manti Te'o or his parents? Because his parents have went on to say that they met her, and she and Manti used to meet when Manti would be home from school on break. Then Manti says it was strictly an internet relationship and they never actually met? Something isn't right here at all.

More information will come out of the woodwork soon. At this point, for Manti Te'os sake, the best thing he could do is just keep quiet. Don't talk to the media, let it all just simmer out and perhaps save SOME draft stock on your name.

I wouldn't get too judgemental too quick on the guy. It's possible he really was duped.

Mormons are pretty weird when it comes to their kids getting in relationships. If it was the case for him I can see him being susceptible to some online fake relationship if he never had the experience of having an open relationship that his family knew about.

He was also probably embarrassed about having an online relationship with someone he never actually met before, which is where all these lies about meeting "her" very well could have come from. I wouldn't be surprised if he never even talked to "her" on the phone but doesn't want to admit it.

I mean think about it. Every time he probably mentioned her to someone they probably asked him where they met. Meeting people online is still considered a bit weird. If he was told by this fake persona that she went to Stanford, saying they met after a game to save embarrassment would be a logical conclusion. If they never actually talked on the phone, he's unlikely to admit that. These phone conversations he said they had could have just been conversations he had with her over messaging. Unless there was a girl in on it that got on the phone to mess around with him.

• Upvote 2

A lot of people seem to think that Manti Te'os friend was behind all of this. If such the case, what was in it for him? Did Te'o realy get duped? Good possibility on that one, but someone should have seen all the discrepancies. Hell, how did the media not see the discrepancies? Perhaps there's a slight chance that a lot of media outlets found out that it was a scam and just went along with it to try and get a big story out of the Manti Te'o deal. Also a good possibility these days.

So, who's lying here? Manti Te'o or his parents? Because his parents have went on to say that they met her, and she and Manti used to meet when Manti would be home from school on break. Then Manti says it was strictly an internet relationship and they never actually met? Something isn't right here at all.

More information will come out of the woodwork soon. At this point, for Manti Te'os sake, the best thing he could do is just keep quiet. Don't talk to the media, let it all just simmer out and perhaps save SOME draft stock on your name.

I've seen numerous theories, including that Te'o is in the closet, lol.

If you read the whole Deadspin article, I find it very, very hard to believe that he didn't know what was going on and was participating in it as some sort of publicity stunt, at the very least.

Who's lying? All of them, if you ask me. Te'o, his parents, and Te'o's friend. Te'o's parents might not have been in on it originally, but now they're trying to cover it up for their son.

Why does he immediately welcome U'liani to twitter, (supposed to be Kekua's sister), and then deletes every link his profile had to hers after there are questions about the account's legitimacy? Just read the whole thing if you haven't already, there's simply too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

Ricky brought up the, "He lied because he was embarrassed" angle. Not impossible to believe, but his actions since the story broke have made me believe he is nothing short of guilty or part of the hoax from the beginning.

Not only has he talked about meeting her... He's talked about falling asleep with her on the phone with 5-8 hour phone calls being recorded because she couldn't sleep otherwise. He's talked about her family, that I can only guess doesn't exist if she doesn't either. :laugh:

The car crash, her being in the hospital, the cancer, the phone calls, he last words being " I love you ".

There are just so many lies I think it goes beyond him covering his own embarrassment of how they met. I am not saying he has to or that he has an obligation to... But releasing things like his phone bill with those 5 hour calls would go a long way into convincing people he truly was a victim here.

How great to see that you all have seen all of the evidence and have decided that he knew the whole time and was lying! I do not know what the true story is, but I do know that investigative journalists discovered that he was told just before the NCG. This means that he didn't cover up anything, with the exception of the last few weeks, which he was instructed to remain silent during by UND. The fact that people have been so quick to judge him is, quite frankly, horrifying and disgusting. None of us know the true story other than that the girl doesn't exist, so please stop embarrassing yourselves by jumping to conclusions on a topic that you are completely ignorant on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

I've seen numerous theories, including that Te'o is in the closet, lol.

That actually makes a lot of sense. It still means he was a fraud, but thats definitely the best explanation I've heard as to why he would do this.

All these theories and things are pretty funny, but I will stick to just the football side.

-Numerous people believed his draft stock was shot to hell after the BCS performance he put on. For me personally evaluating players going into the draft I most certainly wouldn't take anywhere in the top 15 of the draft maybe towards the end of the first round. BUT the fact is that his draft status didn't move very much at all after that game in the minds of NFL executives who for the most part agreed everyone has bad games. NOW lets move on to this story...

-I'm not going to go into whether I think he did it or not, but I am going to say that it really doesn't matter at this point. A incident like this along with the way it has been handled by him so far are both just terrible signs for him going into the draft. Lets throw out all the hype and the legacy, or the Te'o phenomenon that engulfed the college football fans this year due to his tragic struggle through loss. Lets forget about that part and look at both sides of this. IF he was "tricked" into thinking he had a strictly internet-based relationship with a women he has never met what does that say about his intelligence? Not saying he can't be smart in some things, but common sense wise how do you feel about a player (playing LB) on your team who didn't have the common sense or intellect to realize he was dating someone who didn't exist? With the access to information these days and not to mention the resources he has as highly decorated athlete, you telling me he couldn't take the time out to at least get some background on a girl he was dating. Now IF he is found to be apart of this scheme it goes without saying the large red flags that will be associated with his character. Not saying he won't ever play in the league, but it will be pretty hard to convince an organization to play the big first round money for a guy that either has VERY loose morals, or is not all together upstairs. Like one NFL analyst said Te'o had about 12-15 interviews possibly lined up for the combine....now you can change that number to 32. Hope he has his story straight this time.

• Upvote 1

Guest tOSUBUCK3Y3

How great to see that you all have seen all of the evidence and have decided that he knew the whole time and was lying! I do not know what the true story is, but I do know that investigative journalists discovered that he was told just before the NCG. This means that he didn't cover up anything, with the exception of the last few weeks, which he was instructed to remain silent during by UND. The fact that people have been so quick to judge him is, quite frankly, horrifying and disgusting. None of us know the true story other than that the girl doesn't exist, so please stop embarrassing yourselves by jumping to conclusions on a topic that you are completely ignorant on.

He was lying the whole time and he admitted it. He talked about times they had together and now he is saying the never actually met. So yes hes a liar from the get go. Also he " found out" on december 6th at an award show that he was "tricked" and didnt mention it to the school for 20 days. Two days after he said he found out he went on national tv and talked about her het again. Hes a liar. His own teammates said hes full of himself. He loved the attention.

Deadspin broke this story. They did a hell of alot of work on this. The mainstream media is piggybacking off of deadspins story except they are leaving out a ton of information. They would rather Manti look like a victim because then they wouldnt look completely incompetent for being duped by some nobody with a paper thin story. If the "journalists" couldnt figure this out I do believe we need to delve deeper into our Presidents documentation. Many experts say his stuff isnt legit. Thats a whole nother topic though. My point is with the backing of the media anyone can get away with anything. Who do you think reaches more people Deadspin or ESPN? Whoever reaches more people is more likely to be perceived as telling the truth. Manti T'eo is one sick SOB.

• Upvote 1

Guest tOSUBUCK3Y3

He is also an incredibly overrated football player. Many people can match him stat for stat except maybe the Ints. However one year with 7 ints doesn't make you a first rounder. If it weren't for a fake dead gf he wouldn't have made it to NYC for the heisman.

• Upvote 2