Sign in to follow this  
ATL_Predator

Manti Te'o is a FRAUD

The fun part about all of this is that no one knows if Te'o was in on this. Without hearing from him, and having all the information, we will not know if he was in on it. Until he speaks his part, I am going to try and consider him innocent until proven guilty. I see his incentive if he was in on it. National spotlight, the fact that he was catapulted to the forefront of the Heisman (Because really, he was heard of, but the adversity REALLY got him noticed in a big way).

Could anyone imagine the unthinkable, what if he had won the Heisman and we are hearing about this now? Could you imagine the even more steep of an uproar that would be?

Now, I've thought long and hard. From the information I've read and been given through multiple articles (Not just the deadspin one), also the fact that I'm trying to maintain his innocence on this - why is it not entirely thinkable that Manti was duped? I mean, think about it for a second. . Manti easily could have been duped by a female, correct? Or is that too much of a stretch because a female would never do such a thing. Isn't it entirely possible that he was duped, and these long phone calls were on the phone with a woman who was performing this fraud? I don't see why not. It's just another angle to cover. Unlikely? Sure. But possible, yes?

No one, not even the folks at deadspin have enough evidence to tag Manti Te'o as being in on this. One thing is sure though, he's only hurting himself more by not coming out and talking about it. No matter how embarrassed he is, he needs to release some sort of statement and he owes it to everyone.

I'd also like to say that I don't think this even remotely effects his draft stock. Not after hearing several scouts on FoxSports radio and ESPN radio come on the air and say it's closer to the "norm" than the abnormality in the combine.

• Upvote 1

Manti easily could have been duped by a female, correct? Or is that too much of a stretch because a female would never do such a thing. Isn't it entirely possible that he was duped, and these long phone calls were on the phone with a woman who was performing this fraud? I don't see why not. It's just another angle to cover. Unlikely? Sure. But possible, yes?

it would be a female who faked a coma for him to visit in the hospital since he claimed that happened.

You're incredibly silly if you think this doesn't affect his draft stock.

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the man who has been publicly identified as being behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax, called a church friend in early December crying and admitted to duping the Heisman finalist, the friend told Outside the Lines Thursday.

Guest tOSUBUCK3Y3

Full scale cover up mode. This guy has a catholic organization on his side. He will come out unscathed.

• Upvote 2

Full scale cover up mode. This guy has a catholic organization on his side. He will come out unscathed.

Pretty much what I'm expecting. "You didn't make it in football, Ronaiah, but I have a chance here. Take the fall for our plan that didn't work out."

Guest tOSUBUCK3Y3

He never met her. Ever. He claimed to have. No way around the fact that he is a liar. He also continued to perpetuate the lie after he supposedly found out he was being hoodwinked. I mean hes a dirtbag. No way around it. There are two scenarios here. He is the world dumbest person for being duped and then piling onto it himself by making up bullshit stories about the love of his life. Or he's an egotistical, attention hungry psycho. I choose the latter. I could be wrong. Ill believe him if he scores lower than Vince Young on the wonderlic.

He never met her. Ever. He claimed to have. No way around the fact that he is a liar. He also continued to perpetuate the lie after he supposedly found out he was being hoodwinked. I mean hes a dirtbag. No way around it. There are two scenarios here. He is the world dumbest person for being duped and then piling onto it himself by making up bullshit stories about the love of his life. Or he's an egotistical, attention hungry psycho. I choose the latter. I could be wrong. Ill believe him if he scores lower than Vince Young on the wonderlic.

Or he's gay.

Guest tOSUBUCK3Y3

He has to claim he is gay. The Te'o media love affair would be reignited. He would be just another oppressed homosexual struggling to make it through the world. Of course claiming to be gay would only be a diversion though. It possibly even makes things worse. If he admitted he was gay it still doesnt make up for the fact that he made up a huge sob story. I mean he made a fake gf put her through a horrific car wreck and the killed her with leukemia. Then wrote a heartfelt letter to a dying leukemia striken girls parents saying he feels their pain. Which is an insult really because a gf doesnt compare to a child. All this to hide his gayness. I think he would be an even bigger douchebag if hes gay.

Or he was scared that being a mormon playing football at a catholic school would be bad for a gay person. None of those groups are traditionally accepting of homosexuality. It doesn't clear everything he's done but I'd be a lot more sympathetic to someone who made up a lie like this because he was scared of the people around him than because he wanted publicity.

• Upvote 1

Guest tOSUBUCK3Y3

How could you be sympathetic if he was gay? He chose to go to a catholic school. He chose to play a brutal sport yet he doesnt have the testicular fortitude to admit hes gay? You shouldnt be sympathetic for a coward. He made all the choices and if he is gay they were wrong choices. You cant perpetrate this lie and get people emotionally invested in you and your story and continue to lay the bullshit on thick because youre not man enough to admit youre homosexual. Why would you have sympathy for such a coward?

Edited by tOSUBUCK3Y3
  • Downvote 1

Or he's gay.

This.

The Ticket (in Dallas draws the highest ratings among sports talk radio) also think this.

Why? Because you like Manti? Like deadspin would really go through all the trouble to fabricate a long string of correspondence between themselves and the girl whose pictures were used on the "Kekua" Twitter. And I'm sure they made up the stuff about some obscure dude that never made it past high school football in Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. Or the "U'ilani" person, or the fact that a ton of this stuff was deleted once people started questioning it, or the fact that there aren't any records of a car accident or death, or the fact that nobody could get the timeline or story straight, or...you get the picture, I hope.

Not really a fan of his either way to be honest. I am now a believer but I had to hear it from somewhere else first. The day this came out he did an interview that night after that I was sold if he was not the architect he knew of it.

The reason I didn't believe it is because deadspin is not exactly the most credible news source. They have opinions that they have repeatedly used only certain numbers while negating the rest to pass their opinions off as fact. Every deadspin article I weary of.

There was an article a while back that confronted the "facts" that deadspin always put out their and pointed out gaping holes in their stories with consistency. They then said "well obviously they did not get our sense of satirical humor." after that I have always been weary of anything the website puts out.

Guest tOSUBUCK3Y3

Not really a fan of his either way to be honest. I am now a believer but I had to hear it from somewhere else first. The day this came out he did an interview that night after that I was sold if he was not the architect he knew of it.

The reason I didn't believe it is because deadspin is not exactly the most credible news source. They have opinions that they have repeatedly used only certain numbers while negating the rest to pass their opinions off as fact. Every deadspin article I weary of.

There was an article a while back that confronted the "facts" that deadspin always put out their and pointed out gaping holes in their stories with consistency. They then said "well obviously they did not get our sense of satirical humor." after that I have always been weary of anything the website puts out.

If you know of a news source that doesnt try and push their opinions as facts Id be delighted to know it. This piece isnt an opinion piece. They did a good job putting this story together. First article I ever read there.

If you know of a news source that doesnt try and push their opinions as facts Id be delighted to know it. This piece isnt an opinion piece. They did a good job putting this story together. First article I ever read there.

Yes they did a good job on this one. I am aware that it is nor was it intended to be an opinion piece. If you keep reading from the website some of the shit they write will floor you by how off it is.

IDK. Call me gullible, credulous, naive, or what have you, but I kinda feel like he truly was never a part of this hoax.

I heard that little snippet on ESPN, and didn't know the full story till that guy explained it to me. Went back into the archives about how exactly this whole thing went down, and I can see it.

And I really don't think it'll have as big of an impact on his draft stock as some may believe. I was never on his bandwagon, and said way before the NC game that he was overrated. But his performance in that game raised so many red flags that were already there and pretty apparent before, if a team truly likes him for what he brings on the field, what he does off it really doesn't matter much. Especially when it's this harmless.

• Upvote 1

teoing.jpg

teoing-meme-2.jpeg

Manti-Teo-Teoing-1.jpg

teoing-photos-0123-480w.jpg

:rofl:

:biggrin:

These pictures are fucked up lmao. They got his ass bad now. First Tebowing, now Teo'ing haha.

• Upvote 1

This interview he had with Jeremy Schapp is such a flub... He denies any cameras or lights so Schapp is standing somewhere just telling us what Te'o said with the occasional sound byte from the interview.

Manti LOVES the camera, loves the attention, loves the focus being on him...

Still not buying it... This guy is a still a loser.

• Upvote 1

You're incredibly silly if you think this doesn't affect his draft stock.

How? He's going to go in the first, it's not going to hurt him. Now that the guy admitted that he duped Te'o, it's just a matter of whether or not Te'o was milking it or not.

Apparently Te'o said that he only met Tuiasosopo once, at a USC game, where he expected to meet of on "Kekua's" sisters. Instead Tuiasosopo showed up, apparently her cousin, and someone Manti had had contact with before. However, Te'o claims that he brought a 9 year old girl there to meet Te'o that was supposed to be "Kekua's" cousin, whom Te'o had also had a lot of contact and whom Te'o had asked to be able to meet.

I really don't see a group of three people exploiting a 9 year old girl simply to get some college football player to fall for their scheme and with no actual gain for themselves. Sounds completely fabricated.

How? He's going to go in the first, it's not going to hurt him. Now that the guy admitted that he duped Te'o, it's just a matter of whether or not Te'o was milking it or not.

Yes he definitely will be in the first round unless something really crazy happens, but there is no question that this will affect his draft stock. If you follow any of the drafts over the last 5 years or so then you will know that character issues are the most important factor going into draft selections. With Goodell in charge everyone knows having someone with red flags will hurt the player as well as the team. So when evaluating these players any past incidents have to be addressed and with Te'o you are talking about a large scale incident in which no one has all the facts and things don't add up. No GM will say oh ok this guy admitted to doing it's ok. Being in a GM shoes I wouldn't even want to bring this guy in because like I said previously either way this brings up large issues of his common sense, decision making, and character. And as a LB, especially a first round one, you have to be strong in all three. This hoax thing isn't over just cause some guy came out and took the fall doesn't answer all the questions.

Injuries and talent level much bigger factors in where a player gets drafted then character concerns. Blackmon had concerns about his maturity and that didn't stop the Jags to fly up the boards to pick him up. As long as he has the talent (he doesn't) this won't change much except draw away the teams that suck at drafting and let things that are this little matter in the grand scheme of things.

Injuries and talent level much bigger factors in where a player gets drafted then character concerns. Blackmon had concerns about his maturity and that didn't stop the Jags to fly up the boards to pick him up. As long as he has the talent (he doesn't) this won't change much except draw away the teams that suck at drafting and let things that are this little matter in the grand scheme of things.

Ha I think it goes without saying talent level is the largest factor going into a draft, I'm not arguing that character is the number one factor, but it is a large factor. You can't pick one or two things when talking about premium first round picks. Although the amount of money invested has decreased significantly since the new CBA organizations still have to put in a good amount of capital to a first round pick especially a top 15 pick. With that being said you have to be the total package, talent without saying has to be there, having past injuries don't change things much, but the character has to be there. Blackmon lost a couple spots in the draft due to his character issues which is the difference of a couple million dollars, not to mention he went to the Jaguars who cleaned house which tells you about their decision making. Now in the case of Te'o nothing can be compared because we haven't seen an incident of this scale that could possibly hold so many deeper issues then just maturity problems which is why the threat to lose favor with teams is so high.