ATL_Predator

Police Question Crabtree

ESPN:

SAN FRANCISCO -- Police in San Francisco say they're investigating a sexual assault allegation involving 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree.

Police said in a statement released Friday night that the alleged assault occurred in a city hotel room early Sunday after the 49ers' playoff victory over the Green Bay Packers.

The statement says Crabtree has been interviewed with his attorney present and has cooperated with the probe. The receiver hasn't been detained or arrested, and agreed to be available for further questions in the future.

Authorities didn't release any further details. A spokesman for the 49ers was traveling with the team to Atlanta and couldn't immediately comment.

San Francisco is preparing to play the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday. The winner goes to the Super Bowl.

Probably just an angry Green Bay fan trying to make trouble :p

Of course this comes out right before the big game...

Edited by Bay
fuck distractions

Wow, awful timing for this to come out.

Also:

Head coach Harbaugh has previously said that it is wrong to abuse women. Donte Whitner said it is a violation from what Harbaugh told the team in a meeting. Based on Harbaugh's policy, Crabtree is in major trouble if the alleged assault is true. "He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he’ll forgive us except put our hands on women," said Whitner. "If you put your hand on a woman then you’re done in his book.

:think:

Wow. Certainly going to put his word to test here... If this is true (not saying it is for sure, yet), and he Harbaugh doesn't respond like he has promised he would... He could start to lose that locker room. Gonna be some BIG BIG decisions in the near future if this doesn't turn out to be some dumb chick lookin for a pay day.

ESPN:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Crabtree's life is football.. it'll be hard for something even like this to distract him, expect to see his A-game. Plus Crabs ain't the one you gotta be worried about, after the day Seacocks' TE Miller had.. you'd better be worried about Vernon Davis AND Delanie Walker.. both could easily go for 100+ yard each.

It's a tall order to be sure, how do you contain Colin Kaepernick in the pocket while at the same time committing enough men in the box to stop Frank Gore, while keeping Crabtree bracketed, and defending the middle of the field against Davis and Walker. While I realize the Dirty Turds also present their own problems, it's all in the passing game.. stopping White, Jones and Gonzalez is all about the proper coverages. Defending the Niners, you are talking about defending the inside run and outside run, the shallow ball and deep ball simultaenously.

Bad for this to come out a day and a half before the NFC Championship game. At the same time I'm highly skeptical. Not that I know Crabtree personally or anything like that, but given the history of Crabtree not getting into trouble or having character concerns regarding incidents like this coming out of college...it really just seems out of the blue. Crabtree was merely questioned from an allegation, and no charges were pressed. I'm hoping it's just white noise and won't be a distraction in Sunday's game.

I picked the Falcons.

q9amn.png

Though deep down I want the Niners to win, but money comes first. :shrug:

You fucking up Yung Crabs.

I now have three loves in my life: big-city livin', a voodoo woman named Phyllis, and posting links on TGP that get flagged for vicious malware.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I hope this isn't true. Doesn't seem like something Crabtree would do. Perhaps she confused him with Perrish Cox

NFL.com's Albert Breer confirms the 49ers fully expect Michael Crabtree to be available for Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

Crabtree is already with the team in Atlanta, and there aren't expected to be any developments in the SFPD's sexual assault investigation over the weekend. Although the case has potential to be a massive distraction, it's not going to affect Crabtree's availability. There should be an update by Monday or Tuesday.

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

A law enforcement source tells the San Francisco Chronicle that the sexual assault allegations against Michael Crabtree are not holding up under investigation.

Police are looking into the allegation that Crabtree assaulted a woman in a hotel room after the Niners' Divisional Round win over the Packers. But two women that were with the accuser have told police -- who have not found any physical evidence of an attack -- that Crabtree didn't assault anyone. The Niners' No. 1 target has staunchly denied any wrongdoing. Police are expected to wrap up their investigation within 10 days and at this point, it would be a surprise if Crabtree was charged with anything. He'll almost certainly be available to play in the Feb. 3 Super Bowl.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

:coffee:

^ What a surprise...

San Francisco Police will not file charges against Michael Crabtree for his alleged role in a January 14 sexual assault.

"The San Francisco Police Department - Special Victims Unit completed and submitted a thorough investigation of the allegations against Michael Crabtree," the SFPD's statement reads. "Following a review of all the evidence, my office has determined that no charges will be filed against Michael Crabtree at this time." Crabtree was initially accused of assaulting a woman in a hotel room the morning after San Francisco's Divisional Round win over Green Bay. Two witnesses told police that Crabtree "didn't assault anyone."

Source: CSN Bay Area

We have a Super Bowl to play.

*Waits for the alleged Aldon Smith shooting story to come out*