Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

Sports Geography

So...I really like sports geography. I made these maps. Enjoy and I will be posting more in the future. Also, feel free to disagree.

United States of Football

United States of Hockey

Midwest Hockey Map

New York State NFL Map

California NFL Map

Indiana Baseball Geography

Illinois Baseball Geography

Wisconsin NHL Map

Edited by WindyCitySports

Nobody in Nebraska likes the Chiefs. Everyone here bandwagons and/or hates the NFL. Out west people like the Broncos and everywhere else it's "Packers fans" for the most part and then a whole mess of bandwagoners.

Onondoga county in NY is about split Giants/ Bills. Leaned towards Giants in the past two decades.

Onondoga county in NY is about split Giants/ Bills. Leaned towards Giants in the past two decades.

Fuck. I forgot the Bills. Lol shows their relevance :)

Nobody in Arkansas gives two fucks about hockey.

I live in a different part of WI now near the Minnesota border and there seems to be a lot more interest hockey on this part of the state than on the other side of the state near Milwaukee where I'm from. The Wild games are even recapped on the news around here. However near Milwaukee, hockey isn't even talked about. It depends on what part of WI you're from.

North Florida seems to me to be more Bucs/Jags than Falcons.

Giants fans dominate North Jersey. Probably most of NYC, too. The masses of Jets fans are all on Long Island. :yao:

Just because a sport is not popular in an area does not mean that fans of that sport are nonexistent, nor does it mean that that area is not in one team's territory.

2 issues. The entire state of VA has been taken over by RG3, and Falcons nation takes up a majority of south carolina. Lots of family that live in Charleston and they say Panthers fans and Falcons fans are about equal.

Iowa is NOT that Bears dominated. There are quite a few Bear fans, but it is a mish-mash of the NFC N teams for the most part. TONS of Packer fans, lots of Viking and Packer fans. Some Lions, some Chiefs.

2 issues. The entire state of VA has been taken over by RG3, and Falcons nation takes up a majority of south carolina. Lots of family that live in Charleston and they say Panthers fans and Falcons fans are about equal.

Virginia has been Skins territory since long before RG3, I don't know of any Panthers fans in VA that aren't from NC

• Upvote 1

Virginia has been Skins territory since long before RG3, I don't know of any Panthers fans in VA that aren't from NC

Yeah my cousins live in Virginia and whenever we'd drive through and stuff I've never seen Panthers stuff but I've always seen Redskins stuff, Go Redskins on receipts, etc.

Jags and Baltimore battling it out for the least amount of fans lol.

Thanks for all of the input.

As far as Virginia goes, I thought that the D.C. suburbs would be Skins but south of that would be Carolina.

I know that Iowa is a bit of a melting pot, but I know that they have a pretty close relationship with Chicago. For example, Cubs fans dominate, an Iowa newspaper coined Iowa as "Chicago's Far-Western Suburb," and Iowa has carried Obama to three election victories (primary '08, general '08, general '12), which some theorized was because he is from Chicago.

To Ngata, although Jags and Ravens territory is very small, the area that the Ravens own is much more populated than the NE sliver of Florida. So, don't feel too bad.

I lived in North Jersey for the first 12 years of my life and still visit occasionally. I'm obviously saying this based on my personal experiences, but for New York sports it seems you're either New Yorker A or New Yorker B:

A- Giants, Yankees, and Rangers

B- Jets, Mets, and Islanders/Devils

When I drove through SC on the way to Bama to visit family, we stopped at a restaurant and at at a friends place of business to say hi.

In both cases, I saw several Panthers jerseys and not a single Falcons jersey.

Edited by Thanatos19

As far as Virginia goes, I thought that the D.C. suburbs would be Skins but south of that would be Carolina.

yeah, having no professional sports teams in the state Virginians pretty much claim all of the DC sports teams (except baseball, but it's trending that way)