Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

AC Study Abroad Logo

One of my architecture courses, we are redesigning a study abroad office, decided I'd throw in a new logo since they don't have one. Working with a group and all of them think it's fine the way it is, but its far from being done imo.

I only have it in grayscale cause we haven't decided how we will incorporate the office's colors and the school's color all on one thing. Suggestions would be cool though. The C is also extremely disfigured, I know. That's a work in progress too. lol.

531607_10151294009243920_1237014984_n.jpg

I'm nit-picking here, but...

With your shadow on your globe. I don't believe it would go all the way around the way it does. Looks like the light source is straight on and there is no gap in between the two flaps. Also the shadow on the side flaps wouldn't be where they are either.

Was going to mention the "C" as well, but you already covered that. What if you put the "AC" both on the same side of the box.

Yeah the way that line across the globe matches up perfectly with the edges of the box is weirding me out haha...other than that looks pretty good.

Oh yeah and text :p

Yea, I dumped the gloss, and I dumped the name. I hate it now because it's what the group wants and I personally feel like it looks like a giant turd of shit, but as long as they like it. lol.

They wanted this giant gloss to go from the tip of the globe to the bottom of the box, it looks weird but it is what it is.

BAMF-logo2_zps48c8c485.png

They want something to be done with the flaps though... Any ideas? Cause I don't even know what to do with this anymore. haha.

I liked the first one a lot better too. I do like the flags idea though, that's kinda neat. I don't really like this new text either. The colors on the flaps are a little weird to me because they don't follow the angle of the flap if you know what I mean.

If they really want a "gloss" feel could you just apply that to like the top half of the ball or something? Not a fan of that diagonal thing.

Oh gosh...that's so damn messy lol. Having the flags is a cool idea, but too many colours makes it too busy. Maybe just have the flaps in a solid, neutral colour to ease the pain on your eyes haha

Edited by RANGA

Oh my god... A fucking unicorn ate a rainbow then took a giant shit all over your graphic.

• Upvote 1

Oh my god... A fucking unicorn ate a rainbow then took a giant shit all over your graphic.

That pretty much describes it!! I'm gonna use that to explain this phenomenon!!

I don't understand how they can like this so much. Interior designers....

Oh gosh...that's so damn messy lol. Having the flags is a cool idea, but too many colours makes it too busy. Maybe just have the flaps in a solid, neutral colour to ease the pain on your eyes haha

I think we'll end up putting a neutral color on the flaps once my professor gets a hold of this fruit box tonight... But till then I'm forced to look at it. lol. >_>

I actually like the globe a lot better than the flags, like RANGA said, the flags add too much color and distract from the initials (which should probably be the focal point) and don't seem to accomplish anything that the globe doesn't

IMO you are going way to complicated with it. I think you go way simpler and take out all gradients and images.

Something like this for the globe: http://www.biz-logo.com/pre-designed-18/globe-logos5.gif

And then your box kinda like this to match the style of the globe: http://www.mycounterparts.com/images/126571-simple-black-square-icon-business-box1.png

The #1 rule for logos especially is keep it simple. Atleast that is what I was told in my design class last semester :shrug: