Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Cam Cameron lands at LSU

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 8, 2013, 3:21 PM EST

Cam Cameron, the offensive coordinator whose firing in Baltimore corresponded with an offensive turnaround that led the Ravens to a championship, has landed a new job.

Cameron is the new offensive coordinator at LSU, Bruce Feldman of CBS reports. Cameron and LSU head coach Les Miles have a close relationship and were assistants together at Michigan from 1987 to 1993.

LSU has struggled on offense the last two years under offensive coordinator Greg Studrawa, who will reportedly move back to coaching LSU’s offensive line.

Although Cameron has been in the NFL for the last decade, he has a wealth of experience in college as an assistant at Michigan and as head coach at Indiana.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Is it possible for this guy to get a job on his own merits, or does he just have a lot friends ? LSU title contenders.....not anymore. :grinno:

Cam Cameron is actually a pretty significant upgrade. Greg Studrawa was fucking TERRIBLE. Probably one of the worst OCs in college football over the past couple of years. Now they get to replace him with Cameron who built a pretty good offense at Indiana. I am definitely a big fan of this move.

King_Creole_LesMiles.gif

He is an upgrade to nobody except maybe a flabby hunk of whale shit. His best bet is to get there and never talk. let other more talented coaches do the work for him and then him take the credit. It worked in Baltimore :yep:

I know he probably hasnt written his 10 million page playbook yet, but the offense is going to go like this. Run, run, pass, and then punt. It will happen without fail :yep:

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Also he was not that great at indiana man. He had a total record of 18-37 and barely averaged over 20 points a game....He had a pretty epic failure tenure that only he can do there too. If there has ever been a bigger name who has just been dog shit everywhere of consequence he has been I have never heard of him.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

In his defense, I don't think Indiana football really has talent.

Also he was not that great at indiana man. He had a total record of 18-37 and barely averaged over 20 points a game....He had a pretty epic failure tenure that only he can do there too. If there has ever been a bigger name who has just been dog shit everywhere of consequence he has been I have never heard of him.

lol, I don't care what his record was. It's Les' job to lead LSU to a winning record, not Cam's. He was hired to improve the offense, which I'm pretty confident he'll do.

And yeah, Indiana is and always has been a basketball school. They'll never have much good talent on either side of the ball. Meanwhile, LSU has a lot of good talent of offense. The running game is stacked, they have a couple of good wideouts, and Mettenberger has plenty of potential.

At the very least, Cameron won't be any worse than dog shit Studrawa. Trust me on that lol.

lol, I don't care what his record was. It's Les' job to lead LSU to a winning record, not Cam's. He was hired to improve the offense, which I'm pretty confident he'll do.

And yeah, Indiana is and always has been a basketball school. They'll never have much good talent on either side of the ball. Meanwhile, LSU has a lot of good talent of offense. The running game is stacked, they have a couple of good wideouts, and Mettenberger has plenty of potential.

At the very least, Cameron won't be any worse than dog shit Studrawa. Trust me on that lol.

Ha well we shall see I guess. I would not get your hopes up lol.

448 yards of offense and 37 points (should have been 50+, but TCU had a golden horseshoe shoved up their asses) against a top 20 team with a solid defense.

Like I said before, huge upgrade. :megusta:

Feelsgoodmangreen.jpg

Yeah, but Mettenberger still sucks ass.

I will never understand why a team that's only a good quarterback away from a national title has so much trouble just finding a fucking quarterback. Hell, LSU probably lost the title game two years back because Les was really really stupid by playing the laughable Jefferson. Fuck.

Yeah, but Mettenberger still sucks ass.

Did you watch the game or did you only look at his 16/32, 1 TD line? lol.

Mett had a pretty strong game last night. Better decision making and plenty of sharp throws all night. Looked very much improved. Some drops and TCU molesting his receivers (and not getting called) made his stats look deceiving.

Did you watch the game or did you only look at his 16/32, 1 TD line? lol.

Mett had a pretty strong game last night. Better decision making and plenty of sharp throws all night. Looked very much improved. Some drops and TCU molesting his receivers (and not getting called) made his stats look deceiving.

I watched what I could while the Georgia/Clemson game wasn't on. He sucks, bro.

I watched what I could while the Georgia/Clemson game wasn't on. He sucks, bro.

Care to elaborate?

The last LSU touchdown was OPI, in my opinion.

The last LSU touchdown was OPI, in my opinion.

Watch the clip again. Landry nearly getting mugged counts as OPI?

Like I said before, TCU was molesting LSU's receivers all night and it wasn't getting called. LSU has at least 14 extra points on the board if the officials catch those infractions.

Cam will fail. This was how many games ? He has had a few games I can remember he actually did well, IE the Bengals game as an opener last season. Great game. Then he was fired the same year. Every blind squirrel finds a nut.

Cam will fail. This was how many games ? He has had a few games I can remember he actually did well, IE the Bengals game as an opener last season. Great game. Then he was fired the same year. Every blind squirrel finds a nut.

lulz, no.

I expect his play calling to get a lot better as the season goes on. His play calling last night was good, not great, but the team still put up 448 and could have dropped 50+ against a good D in a hyped neutral site game. Most importantly, Mett looked so much better with Cam calling the plays. Studrawa was a big reason why Mett was struggling to find success last year.

So, so, so much better than Studrawa. And if anyone contests that, they're mentally retarded.

Hope springs eternal.

Watch the clip again. Landry nearly getting mugged counts as OPI?

Screenshots for Bware...

79dbfdc0-4a00-44bf-a212-0e410746bed7_zpse5de6764.jpg

74c02203-4cda-4d2a-bcd3-973d19807761_zpsec1eb6c8.jpg

The fuck were you seeing, Bware? :laugh:

I only saw the highlight, and it looked like Landry was holding the defender off as the ball came to him.

Saturday Down South named Cam the #1 assistant in the SEC in 2013.

1. Cam Cameron, LSU, Offensive Coordinator

Particulars: Age: 52. This was his 1st season at LSU.

The Buzz: There wasn’t a bigger turnaround by any unit than LSU’s offense. We knew Cam Cameron would make an impact, but how big would it be? LSU’s offense had all the pieces last year to win the national championship, but despite scoring 37 points per game, the offense was lethargic, led by a boring style of play. Enter Cam Cameron. He helped develop Zach Mettenberger into a borderline first-round pick before his injury, and the offense clicked with a 3,000-yard passer, two 1,000-yard receivers and a 1,000-yard tailback. The production and his impact were obvious.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/ranking-the-sec-best-assistant-coaches-2013/

Cam will fail, though! :yao:

LSU OC Cam Cameron told the school that he is "not going anywhere" and plans on staying at LSU "for a long time."

Cameron was said to be on the Browns' OC radar, but it doesn't appear he has any interest in jumping back into the NFL after a successful 2013 campaign in college. The Browns are also eyeballing ex-Titans OC Dowell Loggains, either to replace Norv Turner as coordinator or coach their quarterbacks.