Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Was AP the most deserving?

Well I personally don't like the MVP award voting....too popularity based. It's like the media decides on a few prospects by the halfway point in the season and hype them up to the heavens until the final week. :rolleyes: And seriously this is coming from a Colts fan who saw their old QB win 4 of these things.....they are NICE but they do not compare to PLAYOFF WINS.

However, I did strongly argue for Rodgers vs. Colts fans last year if they had to give it to a QB. I just felt with the shaky o line/the shaky run game/the shaky D...that team was toast without Aaron. Much like a few of our old Colts teams with Manning in years he got MVP consideration or won.

Besides, I have seen much better from Peyton in the past which makes me feel almost like I am criticizing him now post injury. However, he was more the comeback player to me....the feel good story return from injury/missed season.

I was fine with Peterson getting it too. He was a beast last season and I liked seeing a non QB win it for a change again.

You can also argue the Texans D would be trashed without Watt lol.

Many threw Brady in the discussion as well.

I did not think anyone was running away with the award all last season either.

I agree. If any QB were to win it, Rodgers was the guy. To perform and put up the numbers that he did being the most sacked QB in the league is boss. Rodgers got lost in all the Manning hype and don't get me wrong, deserved to be in the conversation but not over Rodgers.

I'm glad that A.P won it too. A.P is a fucking machine. J.J Watt had a phenomenal season as well; the defensive equivalent to A.P's season. A lot of people didn't recognize the magnitude and appreciate the greatness of Watt's season. I was fine with A.P or Watt winning it even though I was rooting for A.P.

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

I agree. If any QB were to win it, Rodgers was the guy. To perform and put up the numbers that he did being the most sacked QB in the league is boss. Rodgers got lost in all the Manning hype who don't get me wrong, deserved to be in the conversation but not over Rodgers.

I'm glad that A.P won it too. A.P is a fucking machine. J.J Watt had a phenomenal season as well; the defensive equivalent to A.P's season. A lot of people don't recognize the magnitude and appreciate greatness of Watt's season. I was fine with A.P or Watt winning it even though I was rooting for A.P.

Rodgers is a maniac on the field. I just hope that pathetic D gets going or else they are going to keep wasting his prime years. Oh and the run game......well they took a RB in the second round, maybe he will help. Still will the crap o line improve?

Sigh.

When the Colts came back and beat the Packers last season a few Colts defensive players said that they did not respect the Packers run game and knew all they had to do was get after Rodgers.

Watt is another maniac. Andrew Luck's worst nightmare too sadly. :rofl: If I could take any guy in the league on another team and put him on the Colts then Watt is my choice. Fat chance though they give MVP to a defensive guy again! You knew it had to be offense!!!! :p

Manning and Brady were also both VERY good last year but they are always in the mix so it gets boring after a while. :biggrin: Besides, both have had bigger wow years, we all know this.

If A.P didn't get MVP this season, the only way I would assume someone could get it if they actually broke Eric Dickerson's record.

Rethought my position, AP does not deserve it nor does Manning.

For once give the god damn defense some love. JJ Watt deserves it lol.

I don't mean to revisit this again, but I made a claim on an earlier page that if anyone should of received the MVP based on doing something unique, or historic, it should of been Watt.

I still stand by that. Although I still think in terms of impact, it shoulda been Manning.

I don't mean to revisit this again, but I made a claim on an earlier page that if anyone should of received the MVP based on doing something unique, or historic, it should of been Watt.

I still stand by that. Although I still think in terms of impact, it shoulda been Manning.

Tim Tebow had a similar impact for the Broncos. He's out no matter what.

There is literally no valid argument for Peyton Manning. None. JJ Watt, sure, it has some validity to it... I'd even throw Vonn Miller into the mix as well, although he's probably below Watt still.

You're right. After all, the MVP doesn't go to the most valuable player. But rather the guy with the coolest stats.

Peyton has 4 MVPs that prove that.

ABsolutly. Because Manning wasn't the MVP of one of arguably the best teams in the league the year he won them. He was just putting up really cool numbers.

That's what Peyton does, Dmac... He puts up cool numbers. Where have you been for the last 15 years? When he wins it off the back of his statistics, it's deserved and there is nothing to see. When he gets rightfully beat out by a better and more valuable player, it's because he didn't have the cool stats.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

He puts up cool numbers and leads teams to records like 12-4, 13-3, 14-2. While leading some of the most prolific offenses in the history of the league.

But as you and many others in this thread have pointed out, the amount of impact you have on your team's success, and the level of your team's success isn't as meaningful as how cool your stats look at the end of the year.

I don't get it... You bash the list on several threads, and then post this pic here. Why? Because you want to present that some 500 players are on the hype train?

I don't get it... You bash the list on several threads, and then post this pic here. Why? Because you want to present that some 500 players are on the hype train?

This was one of the instances when the list was right.

Fall down in line and hail on the ground he treads upon :allhail:

The trail that frequently ends up in the Lions endzone :p

Pay homage! :troll:

Edited by dutchff7