Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Rand Paul Fillibuster

A little more, if interested. A real filibuster! Guys just getting up and talking for as long as possible. Gotta love it!

I agree with you that it is a shame more people don't find this to be an issue. Drone strikes are the weapons of choice now. I wouldn't rule out anyone getting killed by one anywhere in the world. Juts where we are in history.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

A little more, if interested. A real filibuster! Guys just getting up and talking for as long as possible. Gotta love it!

I agree with you that it is a shame more people don't find this to be an issue. Drone strikes are the weapons of choice now. I wouldn't rule out anyone getting killed by one anywhere in the world. Juts where we are in history.

Is Senator Rand Paul's biggest beef with drone strikes in general, or the possible event that the President would have the power to use a drone strike(s) on a target that is on American soil? :shrug:

Edited by Favre4Ever

Is Senator Rand Paul's biggest beef with drone strikes in general, or the possible event that the President would have the power to use a drone strike(s) on a target that is on American soil? :shrug:

Whoops. Originally wrote my response in your post and saved it. lol. I think I got it fixed to how it was normally.

The issue here is just that the answers haven't been clear enough. Everyone is dancing around the issue of using drone strikes on Americans in America, and Rand (amongst others) what a real answer). He did the same thing with Obama's defense appointment, before voting in favor of it.

As I'm not gullible enough to think that our government would OK drone strikes that would endanger citizens, I find this to be a remarkably hilarious use of hyperbole that's only really going to scare some gullible folks into an outrage.

By saying you aren't gullible, you proved that you were awfully gullible. You are so trustworthy of our government, and not rightfully so.

Maybe you misspoke, but the US sends out drone strikes that kill innocent "citizens" -- men, women, and children than ever before. Record setting drone strikes and drone strike deaths globally.

And even though it has now been 20 year or so since the massacre at Waco where the government burned alive dozens of men, women, and children of THIS COUNTRY. I wouldn't put it beyond them to get more sophisticated about it and use remote controlled missiles instead of actually sending people in there.

• Upvote 1

By saying you aren't gullible, you proved that you were awfully gullible. You are so trustworthy of our government, and not rightfully so.

Maybe you misspoke, but the US sends out drone strikes that kill innocent "citizens" -- men, women, and children than ever before. Record setting drone strikes and drone strike deaths globally.

And even though it has now been 20 year or so since the massacre at Waco where the government burned alive dozens of men, women, and children of THIS COUNTRY. I wouldn't put it beyond them to get more sophisticated about it and use remote controlled missiles instead of actually sending people in there.

Congress needs to pass a federal law banning drone strikes on American soil in all circumstances. This should never be allowed! :yep:

As I'm not gullible enough to think that our government would OK drone strikes that would endanger citizens, I find this to be a remarkably hilarious use of hyperbole that's only really going to scare some gullible folks into an outrage.

That is one of the most naive statements I've read from you, Bware.

Eric Holder claims the US has the authority to kill an American citizen on American soil. Considering they already killed an American citizen on foreign soil, I really don't think it's a leap at all to say they'd do it on our own land.

In particular, [Rand Paul] objected to the contents of a letter he received from Attorney General Eric Holder that asserted the U.S. government had the legal authority to kill a U.S. citizen on American soil.
  • Upvote 2

This shouldn't even be an issue worth filibustering. It says a lot about our government when they have to debate whether they have the authority to kill one of us. I usually oppose the Paul's, but they have my support here.

EDIT: After reading through the article, I've actually developed a great deal of respect for Paul. We don't see eye-to-eye on economic issues, but I'm seeing some similarities on foreign and domestic policies.

Edited by Vikingfan465

This shouldn't even be an issue worth filibustering. It says a lot about our government when they have to debate whether they have the authority to kill one of us. I usually oppose the Paul's, but they have my support here.

EDIT: After reading through the article, I've actually developed a great deal of respect for Paul. We don't see eye-to-eye on economic issues, but I'm seeing some similarities on foreign and domestic policies.

This is an issue worth filibustering because this grave concern won't get any media attention because they are pro-Obama to begin with most of the time. This has to be banned under federal law in all circumstances.

Well the funny part is we can all disagree with this and rightly we should. That said While Rand Paul is filibustering and fighting the good fight what will it amount too.

The laws are for everyone but the government. No matter if it is a law or not they will do what they want when they want. There is nothing anyone can do about it.

This is an issue worth filibustering because this grave concern won't get any media attention because they are pro-Obama to begin with most of the time. This has to be banned under federal law in all circumstances.

You completely mistook the meaning of my post. I'm not saying this isn't a fight worth fighting; rather, I'm saying that shouldn't even be an issue. The answer to this debate is so blatantly obvious and the fact that a member of the government thinks they should be able to bomb us if they want is pathetic and sickening.

Edited by Vikingfan465
  • Upvote 1

How do you keep masses that outnumber you in check ? Fear.

• Upvote 1

Congress needs to pass a federal law banning drone strikes on American soil in all circumstances. This should never be allowed! :yep:

I disagree with this entirely.

What we need is oversight, which there currently is none.

If a situation arose where a group of terrorists were holed up in a building with mines, etc, surrounding the place, sending in the drones would be okay by me at that point.

What I have a problem with is using them on an American citizen without giving him due process. This started with the NDAA, and this is simply a natural extension of that.

Paul has been joined by a Democrat, Wyden from Oregon, as well as a few other Republicans. This could go on for awhile.

Edited by Thanatos19

I disagree with this entirely.

What we need is oversight, which there currently is none.

If a situation arose where a group of terrorists were holed up in a building with mines, etc, surrounding the place, sending in the drones would be okay by me at that point.

What I have a problem with is using them on an American citizen without giving him due process. This started with the NDAA, and this is simply a natural extension of that.

A Federal Law is better than oversight!

stop.gif
  • Upvote 1

A Federal Law is better than oversight!

You have a tendency to think knee-jerk reactions are the best ones. Yes, it would solve the current problem, but you have to look ahead and think about other problems it might be incapable of solving. If you made it illegal entirely, then in the scenario I outlined, you'd have to send troops in and many of them would die.

So no, a law banning all drone strikes on American soil is not the best way to solve this issue.

While I agree that a federal law overtly banning the practice could hamper anti-terrorist activities in the future, I get the feeling that just establishing principles for drone usage in the US will leave things "open to interpretation" for the government.

• Upvote 1

Rand Paul has finally yielded the floor after roughly 13-14 hours. True patriot, if I have ever seen on.

3 of the top 6 trending topics on twitter deal with the filibuster, and #StandwithRand is currently the most trending topic IN THE WORLD.

Success.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 2

Obama is looking like a moron. I hope he has the guts to actually say something about this.

• Upvote 1

Rand Paul has finally yielded the floor after roughly 13-14 hours. True patriot, if I have ever seen on.

3 of the top 6 trending topics on twitter deal with the filibuster, and #StandwithRand is currently the most trending topic IN THE WORLD.

Success.

To be fair, he did have other people giving him breathers.

To be fair, he did have other people giving him breathers.

Thank you for your insightful yet ever obvious statement, sir. lol

LMAO Harry Reid. DENIED.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Forgive me, folks, but I'm not concerned about drone strikes endangering US citizens on our soil. I really am not. In the slightest. I will stand firmly on the side of "not paranoid." This is not an issue.

• Downvote 1

Also, as much as it pains me to actually state this, I'm not going to let the death of one teenaged boy make me think that just because it happened once, that it will happen again, that there is a chance that it could happen on our soil. I really am not. I'm also not going to worry about something that happened almost 20 years ago at Mount Carmel.

These things do not worry me in regard to my own, and others' safety. JD, you may say that I trust our government too much. My response to you is that you should try to avoid worrying about things that aren't going to happen.