panfan4lyfe

Richard Sherman

Revis has played in his career significantly more man coverage then Sherman has in his career.

On any given play, especially with how aggressive Sherman plays on the outside, he could go from covering one receiver, to breaking to another who may be on or near the same zone as he's currently in.

You see him do it all the time where he's covering one man, and takes a gamble by coming off him to go challenge whoever's getting the ball.

As a result he'll naturally have more targets then someone who plays heavy man. Which makes his 47% catch rate all the more impressive.

Also I don't buy that Nnamdi is overrated anymore. Nobody even has him in their top 10, and I've seen lists where he hasn't even made top 20s.

Revis has played in his career significantly more man coverage then Sherman has in his career.

On any given play, especially with how aggressive Sherman plays on the outside, he could go from covering one receiver, to breaking to another who may be on or near the same zone as he's currently in.

You see him do it all the time where he's covering one man, and takes a gamble by coming off him to go challenge whoever's getting the ball.

As a result he'll naturally have more targets then someone who plays heavy man. Which makes his 47% catch rate all the more impressive.

Also I don't buy that Nnamdi is overrated anymore. Nobody even has him in their top 10, and I've seen lists where he hasn't even made top 20s.

I definitely don't think Nnamdi is overrated now. I just think he was for the 2-3 season prior to leaving for Philly.

IDK about that... IMO he was great until he moved to Philly

I explained myself in post #62 if you're interested.

Bullshit. THAT'S annoying. People who really believe in their abilities don't feel the persistent need to tell everyone about it.

Not always true. When I was in Afghanistan I briefed fighter pilots every day. Trust me, they won't hesitate to remind you how bad ass they are. In almost all cases, though, it's simply the truth. The slightest error in the cockpit can equal a crisply folded flag being shipped home. They have to reassure themselves, sometimes loudly, that they won't be next.

I think the same psychological phenomenon affects professional athletes. It's do or die, and when you're part of such an elite percentage of human beings, it's human nature to strut and talk yourself up. I'm not saying I really approve of the "I'm sexy and I know it" approach, but I think it's kind of natural in such a dog eat dog, testosterone driven career field.

• Upvote 1

Richard Sherman will never shut up. He knows he's well on his way to become a shutdown CB that QBs are eventually going to avoid. As long as he keeps making other teams mad particularly QBs, they're going to keep wanting to go at him to attempt to shut him up.

Ask some of the top WRs who the best CB is, I bet Revis will still have the majority of their votes.

• Upvote 1

All I know, is you couldn't find a Seahawks fan anywhere who would trade for Sherman for Revis straight up, even if the other team were to pay Revis' salary to match what we're paying Richard.

Revis is a great corner. Sherman is a great corner. Sherman fits our team a lot better. This team and defense has a distinct swagger to it and Sherman is one of, if not the primary source for that. He has a presence and effect that goes far beyond just his ability to play a single position. He has a definitive lack of fear to be great. Just like Russell Wilson does.

But as much as anything, his approach to how he goes about his craft and his willingness to study the game is perfect. When the stars on your team are also the ones working the hardest to find every edge -- it creates a standard that no matter how good you are, you have to put in the work. It's fairly rare to find that dedication in star quality players. Usually that combination leads to Canton. I have no doubt that he elevates the production of players with lesser ability and even the players deeper on the depth chart.

• Upvote 1

Would be pretty dumb to trade Sherman for Revis straight up even if Revis didn't have concerns just going by age factor in two very similar players.

Even though I take Revis hands down now, there is no denying that Sherman has potential to be better.

• Upvote 1

Until I see Sherman being utilized the way that Revis is utilized; following the #1 receiver through all 16 games, then I will be convinced. Not saying that Sherman can't but I personally would have to see more. Revis's assignment is considerably more difficult by a good margin.

Until I see Sherman being utilized the way that Revis is utilized; following the #1 receiver through all 16 games, then I will be convinced. Not saying that Sherman can't but I personally would have to see more. Revis's assignment is considerably more difficult by a good margin.

So wait. Nnamdi is overrated because all he ever did was play man coverage and press the other team's no.1, but Revis is the worlds greatest? I'm usually right on the same page, but with all due respect, sounds like a bit of a double standard.

So wait. Nnamdi is overrated because all he ever did was play man coverage and press the other team's no.1, but Revis is the worlds greatest? I'm usually right on the same page, but with all due respect, sounds like a bit of a double standard.

Nnamdi didn't often follow the opposing number one. He mostly stayed at the RCB spot, and covered whoever was there.

Nnamdi didn't follow the #1 receiver all around the field. He stayed on the right side so teams could just move around their #1 receiver and avoid Nnamdi.

I think this time next year we will be talking about PP in this conversation.

Um, no. Sherman is a great player but the only reason we're having this conversation is because Sherman has mouthed himself into a spotlight, the same season Revis went out with a knee injury.

I would be willing to bet last year you did not care about Revis as much or were so ardent he was untouchable. He may still be the best corner in the game, but he may not be either. Trying to discredit Sherman because you had the markets biggest catch is dumb.

Um, no. Sherman is a great player but the only reason we're having this conversation is because Sherman has mouthed himself into a spotlight, the same season Revis went out with a knee injury.

Actually, we're having this conversation because Sherman has played like a shutdown corner for almost two full seasons now.

• Upvote 1

I would be willing to bet last year you did not care about Revis as much or were so ardent he was untouchable. He may still be the best corner in the game, but he may not be either. Trying to discredit Sherman because you had the markets biggest catch is dumb.

Why would I have cared that much about Revis as a Jet? Is that so wrong? I hate the Jets but that doesn't mean I didn't see Revis as the best shutdown corner in the league.

Did you read over the part where I gave Sherman credit for being a good football player? He plays in a strong secondary and imo, his mouth has garnered him more attention than anything. If Richard Sherman kept his mouth shut, he wouldn't be in the Revis conversation. Look at a guy like Brandon Flowers... Flowers is a top 5, (arguably top 3) corner in the league but he doesn't trash talk through the media so few realize how good he is.

I think this time next year we will be talking about PP in this conversation.

PP is still only the 3rd best corner that came out of that draft so far. Sherman needs to talk the way he does because the Pacific Northwest receives zero respect until they wailed on the niners last year

Edited by Crash

Why would I have cared that much about Revis as a Jet? Is that so wrong? I hate the Jets but that doesn't mean I didn't see Revis as the best shutdown corner in the league.

Did you read over the part where I gave Sherman credit for being a good football player? He plays in a strong secondary and imo, his mouth has garnered him more attention than anything. If Richard Sherman kept his mouth shut, he wouldn't be in the Revis conversation. Look at a guy like Brandon Flowers... Flowers is a top 5, (arguably top 3) corner in the league but he doesn't trash talk through the media so few realize how good he is.

Yes it kind of is to be honest. Two years ago you could have bashed Revis in the same manner but now that he dons your uniform that changes the whole complexion of how you approach the argument to where he belongs in the pantheon of NFL CB's.

Second if you think "few" people know how good Brandon Flowers is, I have bad news for you. You need to go back and look at this forums discussions or top 10 lists and you get the idea that just about every member of this board knows where he should rank in the scheme of things.

And no shit he plays in a strong secondary, he is a huge reason they are strong. Take out Sherman and you have Bernard Pollard, Ed Reed, and Cary Williams. Not fucking impressive to be honest. Now throw sherman in there and it is pretty fucking good. He is the MAIN reason they are a strong secondary.

And you dont think that there is any possible way that Revis's ACL could be a problem ? What if he does not come back as strong as he was ? He very well might come back just as good but there is also a real possibility he does not. If he does not he is no longer the best in the game. He is not so far ahead of everyone else that if he slips he will still be the best. If Sherman is indeed number 2 ( Strong Consensus) than he would at least warrant discussion. I am no fan of him either and I have voiced that in many threads but your dismissive tone to the guy is incredible.

Now all of the sudden Bevis is a Buc and we must now slobber on his cock of greatness. You admit last year you would not give a shit. Which is funny because I bet you didnt watch all that closely to his game since he was a jet. SO you just regurgitate media hype without forming your own opinion. Then he conveniently lands on your team and now you know everything about the guy, enough to unequivocally state that no one in the league can touch him... What are you basing that on, those years of watching the Jets (a team you admittedly dont give a shit about) with the ardent fervor of a fan ? Not likely.

Yes it kind of is to be honest. Two years ago you could have bashed Revis in the same manner but now that he dons your uniform that changes the whole complexion of how you approach the argument to where he belongs in the pantheon of NFL CB's.

Yes, that's usually how it works. Unless my team goes out and signs Aaron Hernandez or Riley Cooper...I'm pretty much going to be a homer towards everyone wearing pewter.

Second if you think "few" people know how good Brandon Flowers is, I have bad news for you. You need to go back and look at this forums discussions or top 10 lists and you get the idea that just about every member of this board knows where he should rank in the scheme of things.

This forum does not constitute "everybody". When I mention "everybody," I'm clearly speaking about football fans in general and not the 40 or 50 people who log onto Gridiron Palace during the NFL season.

And no shit he plays in a strong secondary, he is a huge reason they are strong. Take out Sherman and you have Bernard Pollard, Ed Reed, and Cary Williams. Not fucking impressive to be honest. Now throw sherman in there and it is pretty fucking good. He is the MAIN reason they are a strong secondary.

And you dont think that there is any possible way that Revis's ACL could be a problem ? What if he does not come back as strong as he was ? He very well might come back just as good but there is also a real possibility he does not. If he does not he is no longer the best in the game. He is not so far ahead of everyone else that if he slips he will still be the best. If Sherman is indeed number 2 ( Strong Consensus) than he would at least warrant discussion. I am no fan of him either and I have voiced that in many threads but your dismissive tone to the guy is incredible.

Now all of the sudden Bevis is a Buc and we must now slobber on his cock of greatness. You admit last year you would not give a shit. Which is funny because I bet you didnt watch all that closely to his game since he was a jet. SO you just regurgitate media hype without forming your own opinion. Then he conveniently lands on your team and now you know everything about the guy, enough to unequivocally state that no one in the league can touch him... What are you basing that on, those years of watching the Jets (a team you admittedly dont give a shit about) with the ardent fervor of a fan ? Not likely.

I said Sherman is a good football player & I think Revis is better. I also said that Sherman's mouth gets him more attention that he'd have otherwise. That's it...and then here you come with a freaking dissertation about how much I "slob all over Revis' knob" and "have absolutely no regard for Sherman."

Jesus Christ buddy, you really need to relax. Are you always this wound up, looking for an internet fight? What is this, the first time someone has ever disagreed with you?

Edited by TampaTwo

PP is still only the 3rd best corner that came out of that draft so far. Sherman needs to talk the way he does because the Pacific Northwest receives zero respect until they wailed on the niners last year

OK Richard Sherman and who ?

Yes, that's usually how it works. Unless my team goes out and signs Aaron Hernandez or Riley Cooper...I'm pretty much going to be a homer towards everyone wearing pewter.

This forum does not constitute "everybody". When I mention "everybody," I'm clearly speaking about football fans in general and not the 40 or 50 people who log onto Gridiron Palace during the NFL season.

I said Sherman is a good football player & I think Revis is better. I also said that Sherman's mouth gets him more attention that he'd have otherwise. That's it...and then here you come with a freaking dissertation about how much I "slob all over Revis' knob" and "have absolutely no regard for Sherman."

Jesus Christ buddy, you really need to relax. Are you always this wound up, looking for an internet fight? What is this, the first time someone has ever disagreed with you?

Haha yeah it is everybody else, it has nothing to do with the fact that in 3 threads you are involved in that people are telling you that you need to do some checking around or some presentation of actual facts. Then you like to say that the people here are e-thugs and looking for an internet fight. So two other people are the problem instead of the simplest explanation of it being you.

Ok this forum does not constitute "everybody". So then you say "everybody" does that mean I should assume that you indeed know"everybody" like every single motherfucker that watches football. You sir are correct there is no way I can match the 100 million Americans you know on such a personal level that you can speak to what they know from your extensive knowledge and great dialogues of conversation with all these people. You sir are one impressive son of a bitch, it must be a real burden to know "everybody". Whew...one more time, bravo sir.

You're homerism is desperate.

OK Richard Sherman and who ?

Chris Harris, UDFA out of kansas ranked as the 4th best corner in the league as the number 2 in Denver's base and played the slot in the Nickle.

• Downvote 1

Chris Harris, UDFA out of kansas ranked as the 4th best corner in the league as the number 2 in Denver's base and played the slot in the Nickle.

Two things.

First you said third to come out of the draft and then say he is not drafted... c'mon man.

Second just stop. HE is nowhere on PP's level. When he has to cover the dudes champ covers so he does not get exposed then we will talk. I knew I should have never asked you.