panfan4lyfe

Richard Sherman

Stevie Johnson is Revis' kryptonite. He has always given him trouble.

I recognize that, but it's still a less than Revis level performance and he followed it up with a similar one. It's not much to go on, which is why I'm not trying to say anything definitive here. But it at least creates room for the debate. Had he shut down one or both of those receivers, I'd be more inclined to say that there isn't much of a conversation to be had.

Stevie Johnson gives a lot of the elite/great CBs issues. I've seen him work Revis, Sherman, Flowers, PP, etc.

His route running and foot speed are so amazing. I feel like if he was in a better situation, he'd easily be a top 5 top 10 WR.

• Upvote 1

The idea of any corner being better than 2009 Revis (or even 2010) is laughable. But the idea of Sherman being better last year than Revis looked in his brief 2012 appearance, or the idea of Sherman being better than Revis in 2013... that, I think, is a conversation.

Oh I certainly think its worth a conversation especially after his injury but it was more of a joke towards the Harris over Peterson talk.

Oh I certainly think its worth a conversation especially after his injury but it was more of a joke towards the Harris over Peterson talk.

My bad- I missed that.

Sherman named NFC defensive player of the month. He's pretty clearly eclipsed Revis already each week thus far. Mantle appears thoroughly passed.

So, we're now comparing him and measuring him up to a guy who is returning to the game coming off a serious knee injury? Lol.

Sherman and Haden (IMO) are in a class of their own right now.

Careful man. Sherman will find your ass and blow it up on twitter.

Edited by BC

Revis has been pretty damn good this season himself. He did get beat by Fitz on a TD, but outside of that one play he's been locked in on whoever he's covering. I think someone said PFF had him graded as the #1 corner going into Week 4 but I don't have any interest in paying money to confirm that.

Revis has been pretty damn good this season himself. He did get beat by Fitz on a TD, but outside of that one play he's been locked in on whoever he's covering. I think someone said PFF had him graded as the #1 corner going into Week 4 but I don't have any interest in paying money to confirm that.

They have him ranked #2 to Verner. Interestingly enough, I think they change these rankings from day to to day. They rush to get it done to feed the fiends, and then go through when the all-22 is available to change the rankings...

Another reason to ignore the rankings. Also, they have Sherman #8 and Haden #9.

Yeah, I'm not saying the rankings are golden but there is something there to show Revs is still elite and at least on the same page as Sherman lol. I don't think there has been a passing of the torch yet.

Richard Sherman has definitely been one of the most impactful corners in football so far. His pic 6 to help come back and beat the Texans and his forced fumble against Deangelo Williams that wind up sealing the game. He did have a shaky game against the Colts in courtesy to T.Y Hilton but you can't be perfect.

Revis has played well and hasn't allowed much of anything outside 1 Larry Fitzgerald TD. He's not even being utilized to his strengths either playing primarily in zone.

Joe Haden has played simply shut down so far neutralizing receivers like A.J Green and Stevie Johnson.

In my opinion, Revis coming off an injury and playing as well as he is still has the title as the best corner until the season unfolds more. However though, with the emergence of these other cornerbacks, this is the year that Revis title as the best corner in the game is his to lose. With how well these other corners are playing, they can't be denied that title if they out perform Revis. Just not yet for me.

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1