Piggly Wiggly

MLB 2013 Regular Season thread

lol @ people overreacting over 1 week of MLB.

Also:

558953_353405058093697_115479580_n.jpg

We don't put in Mujica today and get shellacked for 9 runs or so in the last couple innings. :sigh: Mitchell Boggs off to a rough rough start.

So it's not a huge surprise, but the Phillies a nice, steamy pile of overpaid dog shit. Roy Halladay is probably done, Ben Revere (the guy for whom we traded Vance Worley and Trevor May) is overwhelmingly average, and Ryan Howard is absolutely awful--DAT .348 OPS!

They'll probably let Charlie Manuel take the fall for this, but Amaro needs to go. His spending habits have led us to this point and has so much salary tied up in overrated players. Gonna be a long year.

Wow Ben Zobrist got fucked.

Wow Ben Zobrist got fucked.

It was the last out of a one run game too. >_>

Bronson Arroyo was perfect through 5 and then got shit on in the 6th, walking one, allowing a homer and giving up 4 ER.

Lance Lynn made a nice comeback start as he is the 2nd consecutive Cardinal to post double digit Ks.

Also, I heard on the radio going to my movie... Jason Motte isn't getting better and if he doesn't progress at all, he is going to have to have tommy john surgery. Oh boy.

Indians rotation is pretty bad so far outside of Masterson, as I expected. Starting our seventh different pitcher tonight.

5-1 after the first homestand and heading to Miami for three more wins before the first series with Team Walgreen's. Can't wait.

8-1 after getting the three wins.

Edited by Tridentdawgpound

Jake Westbrook starting the year hot! Always a good sign when he 5 hits and shuts you out. :rock: Reds got smoked the last couple of nights. 10 - 0 victory for the Cardinals yesterday!

Matt Adams is on fire right now, too. That power, doh!

What does everyone think of the Quentin/Greinke situation?

I think Quentin overreacted but Greinke had that charge coming. So he got a broken collarbone? Don't hit the guy with a pitch. It's that simple.

Johnny Cueto hurt his arm. Looks like his right bicep. He was doing arm circles and it was hurting him. Not sure if it's serious though.

Nick Swisher is finally hitting his groove. Also, Mark Reynolds with a grand slam. Indians are back to .500 and it'd be nice to get the sweep over the White Sox tomorrow.

BHxatMkCUAETbGN.jpg

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Waino is finally back pitching a 4 hit shutout against the brew crew with 12 Ks and a day at the plater that featured him going 3/3 with two runs driven in!!!

Cardinals pitching is EN FUEGO right now. If only it could last forever...

Me gusta sending the Reds packing with broom sticks up their asses. :yep:

Jarrod Parker has been dog shit in his first three starts of the season...

tumblr_m5bv6xx23r1rx3f7mo1_250.gif

Oh my Lord. Leave for the "42" movie with a 3 - 0 lead and come back losing 4 - 3 in extra innings. I have completely lost faith in Mitchell Boggs, he simply isn't closer material. Mike Matheny needs to learn this ASAP, especially if Motte has to have tommy john surgery. And does nobody understand that sending out Fernando Salas in extras is a guaranteed loss?

Randy Choate and Edward Mujica are the only Cardinal relievers I have faith in. I really have no fucking clue what is going on through Matheny's pea-sized brain. Mujica is and has been money for the Cardinals ever since we got him. Yet we throw him in these worthless situations while our other relievers choke away in big moments.

Yea, I'd try Mujica as a closer if I were the Cards while Motte is down.

27122_580014172017910_1233023053_n.jpg

Happy Jackie Robinson Day!

:yep: Same to you Baseball nuts. :D Edited by Bay