NFL's Weakest rosters

1. Jacksonville

2. Oakland

3. Jets

4. Buffalo

5. San Diego

NFL.com

Thoughts? How would you rank them?

I disagree with the Jets being in the top 5. Roster is kinda thin, but talent wise, it's still not that bad imo.

Thoughts? How would you rank them?

I disagree with the Jets being in the top 5. Roster is kinda thin, but talent wise, it's still not that bad imo.

They have NOBODY on offense. No QB, only Goodson at RB, whos solid but nothing special. No wide receivers either. Holmes but hes hurt and besides him, nobody else. They let go of Keller. Their oline is ehh. On D they have a couple of peices and thats it. Jets will be a top 5 pick next year, unless they trade Revis and get back a shit load of picks. And hit money on each pick. I doubt it.

I think the Jets are in the top 5, but maybe not at #3. I'm tempted to put the Rams and Vikings in here and replace Buffalo and San Diego.

-Buffalo still has the most talented d-line in the game and need to unlock their potential, no receiver talent outside of Stevie Johnson, but they have Spiller and Fred Jackson who can make big plays.

-Rams don't have a feature back anymore and none of their receivers have made the jump to a playmaker. Their defense had a great year, but they lost both starting safeties so still must address this. Their overall weak offense just is really...weak

-San Diego has a pro bowl QB. I don't care how the stats have looked, Rivers has been trying to carry that team and has forced the ball too much. Not to mention they have failed to find a strong running game since losing LT, Turner, and Sproles. A better balance on offense should help him out as well as his solid receiving group. The offense is strong enough to overshadow a lacking defense who let go some pieces.

-Vikings had a strong defense, but the d-line is on the way down and not to mention they let go their best secondary player in Winfield. They need a MLB also to help out Greenway. With that said their defense can no longer mask their HORRIBLE offense. Yes they have the superhuman AP, but outside of that...honestly the talent is bare (not to mention losing Harvin)

I would say

Oakland

Jets

Jacksonville

Kansas City

Arizona

Oakland

Jacksonville

Buffalo

Arizona

New York Jets

Kansas City, no.

• Upvote 2

No way Kansas City is on this list

• Upvote 2

Kansas City was pathetic last year, not that crazy to put them here. A lot of the players on their team are overrated. Six Pro Bowlers for a 2-14 squad is absurd.

• Upvote 1

They have NOBODY on offense. No QB, only Goodson at RB, whos solid but nothing special. No wide receivers either. Holmes but hes hurt and besides him, nobody else. They let go of Keller. Their oline is ehh. On D they have a couple of peices and thats it. Jets will be a top 5 pick next year, unless they trade Revis and get back a shit load of picks. And hit money on each pick. I doubt it.

Yea, I just never noticed how thin their roster really is. Still living in the past. :p

Kansas City was pathetic last year, not that crazy to put them here. A lot of the players on their team are overrated. Six Pro Bowlers for a 2-14 squad is absurd.

I was actually gonna say this. It seems like it's becoming a every year pattern to talk up KC.

the problem with KC is they haven't had a QB or much of an oline, which makes it incredibly difficult to move the ball and gives your defense a handicap based on how long they're on the field, KC converted only 33% of their 3d downs (bottom five in the league) KC corrected the issue at QB so I think their record this year will be much more reflective of their actual talent level

they do have a lot of very good players, Charles, Bowe, Berry, Hali, Johnson, Flowers, and Moeaki are all solid starters, add in Smith who they added this offseason and they're definitely outside of the bottom 5, not saying they have a playoff-caliber roster, but it's certainly not one of the five weakest rosters

It was actually pretty easy to put KC on this list.

• Upvote 1

I would say

Oakland

Jets

Jacksonville

Kansas City

Arizona

The Cardinals have a top 10 defense, solid special teams and they have a very good WR corps and improved QB (even though they still need to draft a QB). Granted, their O-Line is pretty bad, but based on the entire roster of players they are not even close to being in the Top 5 in terms of weakest talented rosters!

• Upvote 1

The Cardinals have a top 10 defense, solid special teams and they have a very good WR corps and improved QB (even though they still need to draft a QB). Granted, their O-Line is pretty bad, but based on the entire roster of players they are not even close to being in the Top 5 in terms of weakest talented rosters!

I will concede the defense there is a lot to like there. That said Dockett is getting older and not as dominant as he used to be, but Washington and PP I think are both top 10 at their position and they have some other talent there. The only talent at WR you have is Fitx, you are still waiting to see if Micheal Floyd is going to be something or not and I dont think King is all that great at TE.

As to QB you did not have a mediocre QB until today. When I wrote that I was under the assumption all you had on offense was fitz with Skelton as QB. In all honesty most of the teams in the worst 5 have 4 or 5 guys that are pretty good. You could make an argument for all of these but they have no depth and not enough starpower to make the team above the others imo.

If it is any consolation I put them in order from worst to best (in context of course) so you guys barely made it in my mind.

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Upvote 1

I don't think they overrated six players. And regardless they had seasons that put them in the conversation to be selected, wasn't a pro bowl selection out of no where like Jeff Saturday or anything. Anyway there was a reason they had a 2-14 season, but there is a reason they were a playoff favorite before the year. Lack of coaching, organization, and execution were all big parts of the reason they didn't play well not a lack of talent on the roster. Yes their QB situation led to the ranking last in passing, but they were a top 5 rushing team with a solid defense. There is no way they are among the top five weakest

KC got a ton of pro bowl nods for various national news stories. The players with the most sports media attention ended up with what I call the housewife vote. And last season had a lot of that what with the murder suicide, and I feel like I'm missing another big story as well... oh well, my list

JAX

BUF

NYJ

OAK

TEN

In no particular order except TEN obviously at 5. Sorry, not impressed with them as of late. DEF has been worse every year since we got your boy and everytime I watch them over the last 2 seasons OFF seems 0 dimensional? What happened? Put them there to put them in the mix...

What? CARDINAL dropping dimes?? Where they do that at...

Anyway, I think with the return of Levi Brown, even their line should be improved. Potter wasn't too bad...

In no particular order except TEN obviously at 5. Sorry, not impressed with them as of late. DEF has been worse every year since we got your boy and everytime I watch them over the last 2 seasons OFF seems 0 dimensional? What happened? Put them there to put them in the mix...

I really wish I could come up with a counter that didn't make me sound like an absurd homer, but I'm not sure it's entirely there, so I'll do what I can to explain why I have faith in this team:

we had a few glaring holes (I'm thinking interior oline and SS primarily) that made our entire team look bad, not having a serviceable SS meant we had to play Griff out of position a lot and as a result he looked lost, which killed our secondary and when you're getting lit up for a lot of deep plays it makes the whole defense look bad, our interior oline (and injuries played a big part of this, but everyone deals with injuries so that's no excuse, we need the depth to maintain some level of quality) was awful, which makes the entire offense stall, both of those holes have been plugged this offseason and I wouldn't be surprised to see more help in both locations in the draft

the other issue with the Titans in this discussion is that the team is loaded with potential but none of it has really show up yet, which is a very good problem to have, last year we had primary starters at seven positions with two or less years in the league coming into the season, that's almost a third of our starters and includes our QB and all three LBs and not including Kenny Britt (who had 3 years of experience coming in) or Kendall Wright (who was the #3 WR so only had 5 starts) if those guys pan out the way they should this team will be considered stacked this time next year (and I'm sure that because I just said that someone will quote this and bring it up late in the season if that doesn't happen)

So the short version is, I can't really argue with the Titans placement in this discussion (I'm actually surprised you're the first person to bring them up) but I don't expect them to stay in the conversation long

I'm not sure Buffalo belongs in the Top 5. They have a quite a bit of talent on that team, just no QB. Offense has 2 really good RBs, a good WR. On D they have talent all over the place.

My top 5

Raiders - Best player on the team is lucky to last 5 games a season

Jaguars - They have some talent there, but most of the team is shitty.

Jets - Another team will a couple of good players and the rest is awful.

Rams - They lost a lot this offseason and have done very little so far to combat that.

Chargers - This team has fallen so far, once probably the most talented roster in the league and now its one of the worse. Something is wrong with Rivers and no one is picking up the slack.

Untalented teams list:

Jaguars (Everyone but Cecil Shorts, ugh.)

Raiders (More ugh)

Eagles (though they are reloading, and if their young guys step up, they'll be fine)

Lions (an unfortunate consequence of 130 million guaranteed and one third of your cap tied up on three guys)

Titans (Some nice tackles on offense and defense, sick special teams, puke nearly everywhere else)

Also garbage:

Colts (Actively made their team worse in FA)

Browns (There is potential, but the constant scheme changing hurts this potential)

Bills and Chiefs (Honestly, two ducks in the same tub. And they'll be as intimidating as ducks unless QB play improves. The Chiefs have hope. The Bills do not.)

Jets (Still intent on starting buttfumble. They have no pass rush, and lots of holes elsewhere.)

Which ones are overrated? Charles? Colquit? Tamba? Houston? Berry? DJ? How about guys who didn't make the pro bowl, like Flowers, Bowe, Jackson, Albert, and Moeaki? They might not all be household names, but they certainly aren't as bad as their record would indicate. Plus, while Reid isn't a SB winning coach, I'll give a guy who took his team to 5 NFCCGs the benefit of the doubt with a roster like this. On top of that, they have the #1 pick. That won't hurt them.

I'm not saying they're a top 5 team, but they're not a bottom 5 team either.

Anywho, my bottom 5 are as follows:

lolRaiders

Jags

Cardinals

Jets

lolRaiders- It felt so nice I did it twice...

How can anyone have the titans on this list when they have Chris Johnson, the top running back in football :troll:

• Upvote 1

What? CARDINAL dropping dimes?? Where they do that at...

Anyway, I think with the return of Levi Brown, even their line should be improved. Potter wasn't too bad...

yeah, Levi Brown is a pretty good guard, and Lyle Sendelin is a very good Centre, but other than that it needs some work. :yep: