JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

I will admit. If Kobe was healthy this would be one hell of a series.

It will be a hell of a series if we try to go inside more. Like I said Lakers could win this series if it was anyone but D'Antoni coaching.

Two ticky-tack fouls in a row on Asik and Harden. The Thunder don't need any extra help. I'm tired of the touch fouls they've been calling so far in these playoffs. Get that shit the hell out of here.

Can we please get Jeremy Lin the fuck out of this game already? Jesus Christ, he sucks so fucking much. Sit him on the bench.

Every road team has been ICE cold so far in these playoffs. It's been difficult to watch, particularly the Rockets and Lakers.

Two ticky-tack fouls in a row on Asik and Harden. The Thunder don't need any extra help. I'm tired of the touch fouls they've been calling so far in these playoffs. Get that shit the hell out of here.

Nobody gets more foul calls that they don't deserve than James Harden, yet you never mention it.

False

Durant, LeBron, and Chris Paul all get more calls than Harden. And I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of off the top of my head.

If Jeremy Lin doesn't play better in the second half, I will hereby start a "Cut Jeremy Lin in offseason 2013" petition. I hate that fucking pussy.

Fuck it. Cut the loser after this game. Cut him. Leave him on a frigging curb.

Damn, Jeremy Lin is having a nightmare. Looks so lost on D and every time he passes the ball I anticipate a turnover of some sort.

It's like the Thunder can't miss and Houston can't hit a damn thing. It won't be this drastic again in the series, but this is still borderline cruelty on Houston's part with the way they simply didn't even show up but for a ten minute stretch in quarters one and two. This is hard, because the Thunder aren't 30-40 points better than Houston, but if you flat out don't show up, and your point guard shits the bed worse than any player has so far in the playoffs, this is what's going to happen.

If Lin struggles this mightily throughout the series, I want to cut him in the offseason. I want to part ways and call it an undeniably failed experiment. I hate the fucker and want him to go.

McHale can go, too.

And to outline what irritates me above all else. It's called collapsing your defense into the lane. I don't care if the Thunder get an open 3, but if I see Westbrook and Durant slice to the hoop with such ease again in this series, I'm going to be out of my dome. This was really fucking hard to watch.

Shut down the transition offense and you get a chuck fest from Houston. Denver is gonna have the same issue with whoever they play if they get past GS.

False

Durant, LeBron, and Chris Paul all get more calls than Harden. And I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of off the top of my head.

James Harden FT attempts for the year - 792

Lebron James - 535

Chris Paul - 323

Kevin Durant - 750

Come again?! Harden is basically better version of Corey Maggette with all those FTs.

• Upvote 1

Lebron James - 535

Chris Paul - 323

Kevin Durant - 750

Come again?! Harden is basically better version of Corey Maggette with all those FTs.

Obviously most of those fouls against Harden were actually fouls. Refs are only biased against the people Bware likes, remember?

-I said it when the Thunder demolished GSW at the end of the season; if they can play with this type of defensive authority and overall intensity, I think they have a shot at taking down the Heat this year instead of next.

-Ibaka is becoming one of the best PFs in the league.

-Durant made Harden his bitch with that awesome charge he took.

-I don't want to hear about the refs, Bware. They made a few dumb calls (Durant's crazy-ass block), but there were some nice no calls and I thought they did well.

-Jeremy Lin...LMAO

-Fisher hit three 3's just to piss off the haters.

I was really upset when I couldn't watch the game because of schoolwork. Looks like I didn't miss much though. I guess they have 3 more games to prove me right, but not a good start for my "Thunder-Rockets series being entertaining" prediction.

I was really upset when I couldn't watch the game because of schoolwork. Looks like I didn't miss much though. I guess they have 3 more games to prove me right, but not a good start for my "Thunder-Rockets series being entertaining" prediction.

Oh, but it was entertaining.

-I said it when the Thunder demolished GSW at the end of the season; if they can play with this type of defensive authority and overall intensity, I think they have a shot at taking down the Heat this year instead of next.

-Ibaka is becoming one of the best PFs in the league.

-Durant made Harden his bitch with that awesome charge he took.

-I don't want to hear about the refs, Bware. They made a few dumb calls (Durant's crazy-ass block), but there were some nice no calls and I thought they did well.

-Jeremy Lin...LMAO

-Fisher hit three 3's just to piss off the haters.

Well...that wasn't a charge, but other than that you're spot on with everything. I know the contact was vicious but Durant slid underneath Harden coming at full speed. By NBA rules, you can't slide underneath somebody. It was the wrong call, no matter how vicious the contact was.

I have some praise to give Harden in reference to officiating, though, and I'll go so far as to say the entirety of both teams. I love the way he rarely bitches. Even when calls go against him, you almost always see him turn around and jog down to the defensive end. I love that. Nobody on Houston's team is a major drama queen, and neither are any of the Thunder players. If this can become a series at all, I look forward to a good one without all of the bitching you see in every other playoff series.

My only things to bitch about are 1. Why was Parsons out with 3 fouls with ten minutes to go in the second quarter? He doesn't get in foul trouble. 2. What was with that BS moving screen on Asik? Those are our two defensive anchors, and we don't rebound well without Asik. They found a way to get them out of the game on cheapies and I didn't much like that. I do admit that it wouldn't have mattered. The Thunder were on fire and Houston, quite simply, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

As I said multiple times last night: I want to cut Jeremy Lin in the offseason.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Lebron James - 535

Chris Paul - 323

Kevin Durant - 750

This doesn't exactly make Bwares statement all that false. James Harden earns a vast majority of his calls, people exaggerate the amount of calls he gets from flops.

The same can't be said about those other guys outside of LBJ. CP3 gets a ton of undeserved calls, and at this point, Durant has become the poster boy for superstar calls.

Bware wasn't referring to the total number of free throws drawn but rather how they are earned. At least I hope... lol...

Im not gonna talk about call quality, but Harden does drive more than almost all players, which does lead to more fouls.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/50343/the-height-of-wonkery-an-in-depth-look-at-the-nba-with-the-most-innovative-technology-available

This doesn't exactly make Bwares statement all that false. James Harden earns a vast majority of his calls, people exaggerate the amount of calls he gets from flops.

The same can't be said about those other guys outside of LBJ. CP3 gets a ton of undeserved calls, and at this point, Durant has become the poster boy for superstar calls.

Bware wasn't referring to the total number of free throws drawn but rather how they are earned. At least I hope... lol...

I was, yes. Harden is fast and attacks the hoop constantly, forcing refs to make immediate decisions.

Chris Paul, on the other hand, is a player who gets a call MANY times a game when a whistle isn't even blown. He shoves off with his off hand constantly and it's obvious, but they never call it.

Durant gets a lot of free throws off of jump shots, which makes no sense to me. At the same time, he never seems to shoot free throws that are completely undeserved. LeBron gets those quite a bit.

If the officiating wants to even out on all of these superstars, they need to be willing to blow late whistles. There's no reason they can't take a second to process and then call something. I've got no issues with that.

Also, I'd like to pose a rule change with fouls. If a defender hits the hands of a shooter after the ball has been released, it should not be a foul. The ball is gone; the contact doesn't affect the shot in any way, shape or form. There's actually no reason that it should be a shooting foul, because of this. The shot was unaffected. I want to see this rule go or see it be an OoBs play before Bonus.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Guest Phailadelphia

Just got home from the OKC road trip. SO MUCH FUN. And a fan hit the halfcourt shot for $20k. That was cool.

• Upvote 2