Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Jets agree to send Darrelle Revis to Bucs pending physical

Revis has already shut down Roddy White. And I don't see how an offense is going to decide who Revis is covering, that makes zero fucking sense, this is not madden. Revis is going to line up over the #1 WR at all times.

And you can firmly say that Roddy White is the #1 in Atlanta? I can't, and I won't. Roddy White isn't as good as Julio Jones, nor is he near the athlete of Jones. It's like Mike Smith put it last year when referring to our corners, the side of the field a receiver plays on shouldn't determine who a corner covers. You put your best talent on their best talent. Just because a guy like Vincent Jackson lines up on the left side of the field as opposed to the right doesn't mean Revis is going to sit on the right side and cover a guy of lesser talent because they call him the "#1" receiver in the media that week. That makes no sense. Revis will cover the teams best receiver. That will be determined by how the guys play. I don't firmly believe Revis can dominate Julio Jones. Especially coming off his injury.

And you can firmly say that Roddy White is the #1 in Atlanta? I can't, and I won't. Roddy White isn't as good as Julio Jones, nor is he near the athlete of Jones. It's like Mike Smith put it last year when referring to our corners, the side of the field a receiver plays on shouldn't determine who a corner covers. You put your best talent on their best talent. Just because a guy like Vincent Jackson lines up on the left side of the field as opposed to the right doesn't mean Revis is going to sit on the right side and cover a guy of lesser talent because they call him the "#1" receiver in the media that week. That makes no sense. Revis will cover the teams best receiver. That will be determined by how the guys play. I don't firmly believe Revis can dominate Julio Jones. Especially coming off his injury.

Roddy White is the #1 receiver because he was the best WR the Falcons had last year; he produced the most. You can't hand Julio the mantle based off potential. He has to earn it and he hasn't out played Roddy White yet.

One play of Ted Ginn beating Revis doesn't show that Revis struggles with speedy receivers. He is capable of shutting down anyone, but that doesn't mean he won't get burned on occasion. He is a human being afterall, not a robot. My only concern with Revis is his health, because if he is healthy I have confidence the Bucs can stick him on anyone and feel comfortable with their chances of keeping big plays down. After seeing the likes of Leonard Johnson, Danny Gorrer, Anthony Gaitor, Eric Wright, LeQuan Lewis, etc. get roasted left and right last year, the thought of Revis out there makes me a happy camper.

• Upvote 1

Not trying to say Revis has trouble with speedy receivers. Jetfan just asked what speedy receiver burned him since 09 and I posted one. But no one is perfect. No CB can ever say they never got burnt. Elite QBs miss throws, elite receivers drop balls, elite RBs fumble,elite defenders miss tackles, elite kickers miss FGs. No doubt in my mind if Revis is healthy he will continue to be an elite corner. I for one can't wait to see him match up against Drew Brees and Julio Jones.

Not trying to say Revis has trouble with speedy receivers. Jetfan just asked what speedy receiver burned him since 09 and I posted one. But no one is perfect. No CB can ever say they never got burnt. Elite QBs miss throws, elite receivers drop balls, elite RBs fumble,elite defenders miss tackles, elite kickers miss FGs. No doubt in my mind if Revis is healthy he will continue to be an elite corner. I for one can't wait to see him match up against Drew Brees and Julio Jones.

Well Rainman said he has been burned by speedy receivers "quite a few times" pretty much implying that he has difficulty with speedy receivers.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Well Rainman said he has been burned by speedy receivers "quite a few times" pretty much implying that he has difficulty with speedy receivers.

Revis really hasn't had difficulty with anything really lol. Stevie Johnson a little but outside of that, the only two memorable plays I remember Revis getting burnt was Randy Moss and Tedd Gin.

Darrelle Revis reportedly paid $50K for No. 24 jersey

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000213265/article/darrelle-revis-reportedly-paid-50k-for-no-24-jersey

Darrelle Revis will wear his customary No. 24 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

It didn't come cheap, according to Paul Lukas of Uni-Watch.com.

"A well-placed source tells me that the amount Darrelle Revis paid to Mark Barron in order to get Barron to give up No. 24 was -- get this -- $50,000," Lukas wrote Tuesday.

We're no longer surprised to hear this kind of stuff. Whether it's about superstition, business opportunities or something more personal, professional athletes care very much about their numbers and will go great lengths to keep them. There's a plot to a really bad straight-to-video thriller starring Paul Walker in here somewhere.

Revis' numerous contract squabbles with the New York Jets make us think he's not one to part with money easily. Still -- as Rich Cimini helpfully points out -- $50,000 represents six percent of Revis' weekly salary of $765,000.

So yeah, he'll live.

Darrelle Revis reportedly paid $50K for No. 24 jersey

lol...yeah read that. $50K I guess the number is worth whatever a player is willing to pay for it...or give it up for. :makinitrain:

:yep: Edited by Bucman

I really hope that he makes a full recovery. Have to try and not read too deep into that small exercise but his agility looked well. :rockon: