Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Guantanamo Bay

Lol, I get the feeling you're just trolling now but in case you aren't, I'll continue anyway. It doesn't make sense because that comment had no factual backing to it and was comprised of nothing more than a bad attempt at scaremongering. You don't get to preach about how "liberals" don't use common sense, and then turn around and put up a shit argument.

[/mavericktheconservative]

Damn proud of it too. I'm a real conservative too.

Nah, in all seriousness, if I'm following in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ's footsteps he would be against Gitmo so carry on your little discussion. :yep:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maverick sounds just the politicians in Washington, lol. Unable to debate, so he resorts to insults. Any time a conservative doesn't toe the party line, the same thing happens from the Republican party.

So sorry that I have the ability to think outside the box and you don't.

Seriously, who taught you to debate? You have literally done nothing but post insults at guys whose opinion you disagree with, strawman arguments that you proceed to laugh at, or slippery slope fallacies based on fear-mongering. You're like the poster-child for what not to do when trying to have a civil conversation.

Let the adults talk now, okay?

• Downvote 1

Maverick sounds just the politicians in Washington, lol. Unable to debate, so he resorts to insults. Any time a conservative doesn't toe the party line, the same thing happens from the Republican party.

So sorry that I have the ability to think outside the box and you don't.

Seriously, who taught you to debate? You have literally done nothing but post insults at guys whose opinion you disagree with, strawman arguments that you proceed to laugh at, or slippery slope fallacies based on fear-mongering. You're like the poster-child for what not to do when trying to have a civil conversation.

Let the adults talk now, okay?

You wanna close it down? The scumbags will be distributed throughout the Federal prison system and tried throughout the Federal judiciary. This will "bring the war home" as terrorists flock to the U.S. and sleepers are instructed to free their "comrades" through acts of terrorism and kidnappings. Brilliant strategy. Since so many of its occupants are portrayed in the media as innocent people held with no evidence against them, I have to assume that many will be released back into the population.

What was wrong with that? According to you I've done nothing but hurl insults at people I disagree with. I want an answer - tell me where I insult people in my thoughts above.

Unlike you I don't have time in the real world to write up essay-length posts. If I see a topic that interests me I'll make my point and that's that. If you would like to get into deep discussion and criticize others who don't do the same well that's your downfall. I work almost 40 hours a week and have 6 classes so I have more important priorities than to debate Thanatos19 on an online message board.

The funny thing is you ridicule me for throwing around insults when you just went out of your way to mock me. Way to take the high road, hypocrite.

Correction: I ridicule you for doing nothing but throwing around insults. We were having a discussion until you come in here with your ridiculous and holier-than-thou accusations of "I'm a better conservative than you are," which doesn't even make sense with the topic, as whether you are conservative or liberal shouldn't make a difference here.

Just because you work 40 hours a work and take six classes doesn't give you the right to act like a spoiled kid. Have a civil discussion or please, just don't bother.

As for what was wrong with your post, I stated that you had done literally nothing but three things, if you kept reading instead of bolding the one part that you would like it to say. I said you have done nothing but insult, attack strawman arguments, or fear-mongering and the post you quoted is fear-mongering, plain and simple.

"Don't give the prisoners in Gitmo a fair trial, because that will bring the terrorists to the US, people! We have to keep people who may be innocent in jail without trial because otherwise we will bring the war home, and you wouldn't want that, would you?"

Now you're just throwing around informal fallacies.

Continue the discussion? I already said carry on with the discussion long ago. Say what you want about my approach but at least I've discussed the subject to some extent. Your posts have been dedicated to attacking me which is against the TOS.

I'll give you credit for not defending my accusation of referring to you as a hypocrite. I'm glad you know what you are.

I don't know Thanatos's mindset, but I'm guessing he is going after anyone who claims that the government should be allowed to hold and torture people forever without a trial for "our protection."

• Upvote 1

Ah okay, so as long as you identify the type of person you're hurling insults at it's not against the TOS to do so. Good to know.

I'm not a hypocrite. I accused you of doing nothing but insulting people. You aren't adding to the conversation. I've just had enough of your posts, which read like republican talking points most of the time.

It's a charged issue and heated language is going to be used. Ngata does so all the time in here. I don't care, because Ngata is at least presenting a logical argument. You aren't.

This is a simple issue. Really it is. Can the US government hold 157 people for an indefinite period of time without even charging them with a crime because they suspect they might be terrorists? I say hell no.

Torturing them on top of holding them against their will is just piling on, it's not even necessary to see what an egregious overstepping of authority is going on here.