SteVo

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I'm so excited for the Stanley Cup Finals! Let's go Hawks!!!! :D

[/size]

you realize the Vezina is a regular season award, right? not saying Rask didn't have the regular season for it (.929 save percentage, 2.00 gaa, and a league leading 5 shutouts say he did) just that his playoff run doesn't (or at least shouldn't) weigh in for Vezina consideration

Fair enough. Should the Bruins win the Cup, he should be playoff MVP IMO.

For the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, I'm going with the Blackhawks in 6 or 7.

Edited by BigBen07

Bruins in 7. I'm not a big fan of Patrick Kane, so that is the main reason why I am cheering for the Bruins to win this series.

Also, I think that the Boston Bombings will add an emotional factor to the Bruins that will help to push them over the top and win the Staley Cup against a great Blackhawks team! :yep:

Lucic scores the 1st goal of the series.

• Upvote 1

Only fitting.

Double OT for the first game of the finals, this has been a fun game to watch.

This game has been crazy. Just entering 2OT in a bit here. I thought it was over once they scored their third but then two quick (and a lucky one) tied it up. Both teams with so many chances to claim victory but just barely missed em.

:megusta: Really don't care who wins.

Wow what a hell of a way to start the series. A triple overtime thriller won by Chicago!

holy shit that's the worst I've ever felt after a hockey game. even worse than when they blew that game 7 vs Philly a few years ago.

first off, the 2nd goal the Blackhawks scored, was caused by a terrible pass by Torrey Krug. don't know why he made that pass. if he doesn't do that I'm convinced Bruins win this in regulation

the 3rd and 4th goals were just shit luck.

that is how the motherfucking game ends? a double deflection that sneaks into the corner? unfucking believable.

oh yeah and Nathan Horton hurt his shoulder or something and didn't return so it's probably serious and he's probably out for the series again. so yeah that's some fucking bullshit.

i thought the Blackhawks played like ass too and they're probably not playing that bad again. so yeah B's are in trouble.

Edited by BradyFan81

holy shit that's the worst I've ever felt after a hockey game. even worse than when they blew that game 7 vs Philly a few years ago.

first off, the 2nd goal the Blackhawks scored, was caused by a terrible pass by Torrey Krug. don't know why he made that pass. if he doesn't do that I'm convinced Bruins win this in regulation

the 3rd and 4th goals were just shit luck.

that is how the motherfucking game ends? a double deflection that sneaks into the corner? unfucking believable.

oh yeah and Nathan Horton hurt his shoulder or something and didn't return so it's probably serious and he's probably out for the series again. so yeah that's some fucking bullshit.

i thought the Blackhawks played like ass too and they're probably not playing that bad again. so yeah B's are in trouble.

I thought we played the first two periods terribly. Luck may have saved us tonight but the first two overtimes were just great defense by us (and you guys too).

Best Game 1 I've seen in my lifetime.

rock.gifto those in the shoutbox with us last night who witnessed the 5th longest game in Stanley Cup history.

And a big fuck you to the Bruins and Hawks who cost me four hours of sleep. >_>

Was worth seeing the Bruins lose (for me) though...

:yep:

lol

GGRRRREEEEEAAAAAATTTTTT GAME though...awesome...

Seems the Blackhawks are unable to play a complete game. Game 1 they started horridly and ended with a win, now we start with a bang, and end with tons of giveaways and basically gifting the Bruins scoring chances.

For whatever reason our defenders think they can outsmart the Bruins offense. Instead of just clearing out the puck they want to sit back and fiddle around with it hoping that they'll trick the Bruins. Maybe this is a legitimate tactic in hockey, I wouldn't know I'm only a fan who watches the Blackhawks and doesn't understand much of the systematic approach to fandom here... if it is though, it didn't work tonight.

Rask once again was a beast.

Tuukka kept them in the game in the 1st period. I don't know what happened there, that was the worst the Bruins looked all playoffs. They woke up after that 1st period though and did not give the blackhawks any quality scoring chances for the rest of the game that I can recall. Just a really solid all around game from the 2nd period on and nice to see the 3rd line actually have some production for once.

Rask once again was a beast.

Bay, do you think that Rask is a Top 5 goalie in the NHL after his outstanding performance throughout the playoffs this post-season? :shrug:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done sir, I have underestimated your quite comprehensive hockey knowledge again. I think either one of the coahces that we were talking about in that post link you attached to this post deserved to win the Jack Adams Trophy this past regular season! :yep:

Bay, do you think that Rask is a Top 5 goalie in the NHL after his outstanding performance throughout the playoffs this post-season? :shrug:

Not just because of the playoffs. He's top to 5 for all he's done in the NHL in 2013.

These are the top tier goalies imo

Lundqvist

Price

Rask

Anderson

Rinne

Schneider

Quick

Niemi

Lehtonen

-------------

Vokoun, Brodeur, Miller, Holtby, Ward, Crawford, Halak, Bobrovsky, Backstrom, Smith.

Edit: forgot Howard. He's in the 2nd tier.

Edited by Bay

Not just because of the playoffs. He's top to 5 for all he's done in the NHL in 2013.

These are the top tier goalies imo

Lundqvist

Price

Rask

Anderson

Rinne

Schneider

Quick

Niemi

Lehtonen

-------------

Vokoun, Brodeur, Miller, Holtby, Ward, Crawford, Halak, Bobrovsky, Backstrom, Smith.

Edit: forgot Howard. He's in the 2nd tier.

Why do you consider Crawford only in the 2ns tier of NHL starting goalies? :shrug: