SteVo

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

As much as I want to see the Blackhawks win it at home, I think it's a must-win tonight for both teams. For the Bruins, it's obviously win or you're done. For the Hawks, I'd hate to see what Boston does in game 7 if they get momentum from a win tonight.

Let's just hopefully win and get it done with. No game 7.

I'd like to see a Game 7 as a fan who doesn't want Hockey to end just yet. But whatever happens, happens.

B's at home are tough sons of bitches so if they Hawks do it tonight, good for them. They will have earned it.

I'd like to see a Game 7 as a fan who doesn't want Hockey to end just yet. But whatever happens, happens.

Precisely. I'll be satisfied regardless of outcome if it's a close game, though.

Hawks in 6. :smug:

Boom.

Hawks win 3-2 in OT tonight. Toews with the game winner. :smug:

Close there, too. Crown my ass. :smug:

What a collapse in the last minute by the Bruins, though...

JackNicholsonLaughing.gif

Wow wow wow wow!!!! NO ONE saw that coming! 2 goals in 17 seconds in the LAST MINUTE OF PLAY! And the Hawks take the Cup!

Congratulations Chicago! And hats off to them and the Boston Bruins for giving us a great series. Also congrats to Kane for winning the Conn Smythe as playoff MVP.

• Upvote 2

Sticking with da Hawks... in 6.

All those who got it right, well done lads. :yep:

All those who got it right, well done lads. :yep:

Bay, you are indeed the TGP Hockey Champion! :yep:

:rock: Bay :rock:

:clap: :clap: :smug:

For someone who doesn't follow much hockey: what's with the booing of the commissioner? Is he extra bad or is he just hated like the rest of the sports commissioners who get more hate than they deserve?

This is why badgers:

nhl-lockout_02.png

• Upvote 1

This is why badgers:

nhl-lockout_02.png

Gary Bettman has caused Bay a lot of emotional pain and grief in the number of NHL games (and Avs games) that have been cancelled because of the 3 NHL lockouts that have occurred under his watch! :yep:

Wow. Sorry about this Bruins fans. Tough way to go out and I was stunned. I kinda felt the Bruins would pull this series off even though I have no real horse so to speak in hockey.

Congrats to the Blackhawks fans though.

Edited by Jules

I wanted Game 7 but man, that was one hell of a game. Congrats Blackhawks (and their fans ) :clap:

Well this year's playoffs more than made up for the fact that we lost a ton of games to a lockout. The best part about it besides the Cup Final? The Kings making it to the West Final IMO. It's always good to see the defending Cup champs get that far, even if they did lose in 5.

Yeah I wanted a game 7. :( I was really enjoying this series. Oh well.

Hopefully a small winded post won't bother you guys.

I've always been a Blackhawks supporter, having lived in the Chicago area my whole life, but not a fan. I didn't watch all the games this year and during the regular season I only watched one and I was drunk partially so I don't even remember who they played, only that they won because it was during their streak early in the year. They had greenish jerseys on. Maybe the Stars or the Wild.

Anyways, back to the point. What's even worse about it is that I do enjoy hockey I just never cared to turn it on knowing nothing about the sport. I was completely aware about the streak going on and what not and how everybody was talking about how good the Blackhawks were and if they didn't win the Cup it'd be a miracle for whoever did win it. My dad kept offering me tickets to go to a game, and I kept declining. Finally I started to watch the Hawks, but at the wrong time. It was Game 3 of the WC Semis against Detroit. We lost that game, and the next one and were down 3-1 on the series. I kept hearing "keep watching, it'll get better". I really didn't want to watch it though, thinking Chicago would lose and be done, but I turned on Game 5 just cuz I had nothing better to do and I don't think I've been that excited like.. ever. I think I was more excited during that game than I was when the Packers won the Super Bowl actually. After that I watched every game of the playoffs except Game 3 of the Stanley Cup cuz I was out of town and I loved every minute of it. Freaking out when Seabrook scored in OT to finish the 3 game comeback against Detroit, Watching the Blackhawks take down the defending champion Kings with Patrick Kane's hat trick closer in overtime, staying up til 1AM to watch the triple overtime in G1 of the Cup, to watching Seabrook go clutch again in OT and tie up the Cup series 2-2 in game 4, then trying to introduce my grandpa to the sport with Game 5 victory to take the lead in the Cup series and throwing my small dog off my lap to give "hi fives all around" when the 2 goal swing in game 6 decided our fate.

I feel to be dragging out a monotonous post now and I'll wrap it up. Basically, had a lot of fun during this season, am ashamed that I considered hockey a boring sport, I hope to be watching it a lot more in the future. Plus I feel like this is a sport I can still enjoy even if the Blackhawks don't do well. Seems like a straight up fun sport to watch regardless of the teams playing.

• Upvote 2

Seeing how well the 48 game season worked for them this year, they should keep it at 48 games for every season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

82 games is way too many. Players are less tired for the playoffs and the games are more exciting not only down the regular season stretch but in the playoffs as well with 48.

Seeing how well the 48 game season worked for them this year, they should keep it at 48 games for every season.

Razor, you have been here a little over six years. Your contribution to this site is immeasurable. You've made over 31,000 posts. These posts vary from stat-based NFL rankings to hentai gifs.

Yet I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that this is your worst post of all-time.

Nah I like Hockey from October to June.

The major problem with trying to get the schedule reduced is that the NHL would never go for it, as they would lose money. It's all about the business angle.