Omerta

Fantasy Draft Discussion.

Discuss picks, and lol at people and suck.

Nice pick Buc. Makes me wonder if you are going towards a passing offense or just want to take arguably the greatest ever.

I took Rice for one reason. I don't think anyone at his position is close. When you compare RBs you can easily argue the #1 back of all time. Same with a # of other positions.

Truth but I expected a QB to be honest.

I honestly didn't even consider a QB.

May I join this? I know I'm late but I could be the last in the order,if you agree.

Yeah I will put you in the last spot.

Air you rat bastard. Nice pick.

Air you rat bastard. Nice pick.

I was expecting him to go top 3. Certainly didn't think he would make it to my pick, didn't even have him on my draft board. Just left off the people I was sure would be gone. Two of the people I did that to didn't get picked(now it's only 1 with me picking Munoz, but whatever).

Bednarik was kind of a reach as much as I love the guy. Nobody would have even thought about taking him for at least like 3 rounds. Still though, good pick.

House can fuck off. :yep:

I knew he'd take either LT or Mean Joe and I feel like I got jobbed seeing as I was all set to take the both of them before his ass joined. gtfo, house!

Oh,please,I joined after the 5th pick so there were 3 people who could have taken either LT or Mean Joe before your pick. They didn't, so you blame me for ruining your plans. Stop whining and play the game.

Oh,please,I joined after the 5th pick so there were 3 people who could have taken either LT or Mean Joe before your pick. They didn't, so you blame me for ruining your plans. Stop whining and play the game.

You should really stop taking things so seriously. Cunt.

Zack and bay are major cock bags. They know why.

Jerry Rice and Ronnie Lott are pretty easily the greatest ever at their position and Bucman got the 2nd best QB of all time too in Unitas. Great first three picks. Get on this man's level.

Jerry Rice and Ronnie Lott are pretty easily the greatest ever at their position and Bucman got the 2nd best QB of all time too in Unitas. Great first three picks. Get on this man's level.

073107patsms02-762521.JPG

Ronnie Lott is debatable and Unitas is definitely debatable.

I didn't tell you guys? Ngata made me the judge of the whole competition. :grinno:

This round has been really great so far. I think Razor and Ngata are going to shake up the draft board. Cuda should be the favorite for most at this stage of the game. I know Zack is going to have a beastly team though.

EDIT: just as I say that Ngata picks Howie Long. Interesting pick. He's putting a team together

Edited by seanbrock

I'm most likely not going to have a super strong team and I'm okay with that. Drafting players is fun for me.

As for my case for Johnny U. You have to throw the stats out of the picture. He played in a different era and was the first truly modern QB's. The guy changed the game and was also pretty clutch. I guarantee you he'd hold up in this era and still be a top QB.

Unitas completely destroyed stat books, why else did it take until 2012 for his TD streak record to be broken? He's a magnificent QB that's for sure, but I know I have my eyes on someone a little more special.

How are we going to factor in the size difference in matchups? O and D linemen from way back when are a lot smaller than the ones of recent times. Will that factor in, or do we just factor in production/dominance level?

Unitas completely destroyed stat books, why else did it take until 2012 for his TD streak record to be broken? He's a magnificent QB that's for sure, but I know I have my eyes on someone a little more special.

81951_super_bowl_football_medium.jpg

You guys need to show respect for Johnny U. Probably the greatest 4th quarter QB of all time. Re-wrote the record books. Everything you look for in a QB. With Unitas a play caller isn't necessary. He called the plays in the huddle. There is no doubt in my mind that if Unitas played in this era, with these rules he'd be dominant. He would have fit so perfectly into the no huddle offenses of today. Like I said, looking at the numbers he put up today and comparing them to other QB's is deceptive because DB's could mug WR's back in the day, but this dude has to be the 2nd greatest of all time, come on. He was the first truly modern QB. Did so much for the game. Easy choice for number 2 QB all time.