Omerta

Fantasy Draft Discussion.

As always I offer to take people's phone numbers through PM so I can text them when they're up.

Kevin Greene, OLB/DE

Behind only Bruce Smith and Reggie White, Kevin Greene's 160 sacks are the third most in NFL history and the most for any linebacker. One of the greatest pass rushers in league history, he'll be a terror in the same front seven as Lawrence Taylor.

That sound you hear is the sound of many bitches being fucked.

• Upvote 1

Zack has gone and made ALMOST the best possible group of 3-4 LB's imo. He negged Razor for taking Bobby Bell who was a guy who could bring the heat but was more versatile in that he could drop back into coverage. There was one other guy I think you could have had to fill that role over Green but I can't argue with that pick. Derrick Brooks and Jack Lambert in the middle is crazy good.

Zack has gone and made ALMOST the best possible group of 3-4 LB's imo. He negged Razor for taking Bobby Bell who was a guy who could bring the heat but was more versatile in that he could drop back into coverage. There was one other guy I think you could have had to fill that role over Green but I can't argue with that pick. Derrick Brooks and Jack Lambert in the middle is crazy good.

I didn't get Lambert, though. He was gone and I missed marking him off of my board. Ended up with Brooks instead.

I think he is the 2nd or 3rd best guard ever..... strange indeed.

I have McDaniel up there too. Was going to take him next, but I still have my eye on a few guards I like.

Ok people, So we need to get this thing moving right the fuck along.

I am going to establish an actual clock where you have so long to make your pick. I want to get the opinions of the group on what would be a reasonable hard time before you are skipped. What is something people around here can work with.

If you can not make your pick then PM someone with a set of guys you want to be taken sequentially. So what are some times. I pretty much live here as do some other members, what are you guys thinking ?

12 hours. After that pick skipped.

I'm ok with a 12-hour limit. I know I'm in a different timezone but it's not a problem at all. 24-hour limit is too much,imo.

I would keep doing updates to the thread title and announcement, but I generally sleep during the day and won't be on to update them. If Vin and Razor helped it might work.

And 12 hours is good with me, but some people might get discouraged if their picks are skipped, which has happened in the past.

If we can get a few more ot OK this 12 hour thing or propose any changes thatn I would be all for it.

Doesn't the 12 hour thing pose the same problem as what F4E brought up in our mock draft? If someone were to pick at like midnight, the next person may not be awake, and will be at school(or work) the next day/not get a chance to check in and pick til they get out/off?

Not really fair to them.

Edit: I understand the whole pm the list thing, but that doesn't really permanently fix the problem. Almost everyone in this draft, as far as I know, has work or school(or both). Sending your list to someone else in the draft who is more available/active may work, but do you really want to send your "big board" or whatever to someone else in the draft?

Edited by .AirMcNair.

It is the lesser of two evils. You have people on here for 12 hours waiting to make a pick and then someone who does not for a while. Maybe check before you leave for work or something I dont know.

However the mock draft was a shining example of fucking slow so I would rather not try to do that.

This draft is taking way too long, so we need some sorta way to speed it up. 12 hrs or 24 hrs is fine with me.

I'm not in the game, but why not go right in the middle? 18 hours. Keeps things moving while still giving people plenty of time to pick.

• Upvote 1

18 works for me.

Why does it matter if it takes so long? It's not like the mock draft where there's a certain date to get it done by.

Why does it matter if it takes so long? It's not like the mock draft where there's a certain date to get it done by.

People lose interest.

I guess, but it is impossible to do these things rapidly.

We're averaging about 7 picks per day(58/8), which is averaging a pick about every 3 hours. How much faster can we really make that?

If this is true then the 18 hour time limit should make no relevance on the game.

A lot of that is probably due to because the clser you get to an end of around you can have 2 picks in 30 seconds and 4 in 3 or 4 minutes....that probably skews that a bit.

Unitas to Rice and Carter :devious: