Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Titus Young arrested twice in 15 hours

Per Rotoworld.com:

Free agent WR Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours last Sunday.

The troubled ex-Lion was busted for drunk driving at 12:01 Sunday morning in Moreno Valley, Cal. He was then arrested again 15 hours later after he was caught trying to steal his impounded Mustang from a tow-company lot. It's the exact kind of confounding, short-sighted behavior that earned Young his walking papers from the Lions less than two years after he was a second-round pick. Young needs to get serious help before his life spirals completely out of control. May 7 - 8:59 PM

Source: The Oakland Press

He's a dumbass, but to be fair, according to ESPN he was first pulled over for making an illegal left turn and then arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.

He's a dumbass, but to be fair, according to ESPN he was first pulled over for making an illegal left turn and then arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.

To be fair to who? He wouldn't have been arrested if it was just an illegal turn.

This all in his master plan to make the HOF guise jesus get a clue.

To be fair to who? He wouldn't have been arrested if it was just an illegal turn.

Suspicion of drunk driving =/= drunk driving

That was my main point

I think he's trying to beat Kenny Britt's record...

Per Rotoworld:

Ex-Lions receiver Titus Young was arrested and charged with burglary, assaulting a police officer, and resisting arrest Friday night in San Clemente, CA.

That's three arrests in less than a week for Young, who appears to be trying to keep pace with former Oregon Ducks CB Cliff Harris. Young was arrested twice in a 15-hour period last Sunday for drunk driving and then trying to steal his impounded car from a towing company's lot. He won't be seeing an NFL field anytime soon.

Source: Josh Katzenstein on Twitter

I think Titus Young found himself a career.

He needs some serious help. And I hope he find it soon, cause it's clear he's not 100% in the head. I'm with Torrey Smith on this, he's in my prayers.

• Upvote 2

It's easy to laugh or point fingers at this guy, it really is. But remember, he is a human being with major mental issues. He needs help as DMac pointed out. It's a very unfortunate situation. I felt the same about Ryan Leaf, and look what happened with him. Maybe Titus needs to be committed to an institution until whatever is wrong with him can be figured out? I'm not a fan of commitment, but damn. Kid needs help.

Free agent Titus Young's father says his son has a brain disorder and needs help.

Richard Young took Titus out for coffee on Friday, hours before Titus' latest arrest. Titus then drove off in his car without saying goodbye. "We knew that something had happened to him or he was locked up again," Richard said. "His mind is not capable enough to go out and deal with society because of this." Titus supposedly suffers from a disorder caused by his brain being compressed against the front of his skull, and he hasn't been taking his medication. Doctors told Richard that treatment could take six months or less. Maybe the sun will finally shine on Titus, and he can get the help he so badly needs.

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

Interesting that this is coming out now. He needs to be locked up till this is dealt with. He may harm himself or others if not.

It's easy to laugh or point fingers at this guy, it really is. But remember, he is a human being with major mental issues. He needs help as DMac pointed out. It's a very unfortunate situation. I felt the same about Ryan Leaf, and look what happened with him. Maybe Titus needs to be committed to an institution until whatever is wrong with him can be figured out? I'm not a fan of commitment, but damn. Kid needs help.

But how do you commit a grown man who (I would assume) is less than willing to go freely? It just seems to be one of these real bad deals where there isn't a whole lot to be done. Somebody needs to get through to him, but can they? If so, who? :shrug:

Per Rotoworld.com:

Free agent Titus Young has been medically cleared to appear in court, and has been charged with felony theft stemming from a May 4 incident at a convenience store in addition to his other charges.

It means Young has been charged with an incomprehensible eight crimes — including three felonies — in the past 10 days. It's a disturbing unraveling for a player who was always billed as a head-case but had previously avoided run-ins with the law during his NFL career. His only previous arrest was for minor in possession of alcohol during his college days. Clearly dealing with serious brain/mental issues, Young will hopefully get the help he needs. May 14 - 6:02 PM

Source: Jason Cole on Twitter

I think people look at Titus as a rare case but the sad truth is that these type of mental disorders are a lot more common in athletes than we like to think. Contact sports like football are especially producing athletes with some type of mental disorder or irregularity. As was said before he is just another human and same goes for any other football player...they aren't immune to these things and sometimes all it takes is the wrong situation or bad support system to bring the worst out in someone.

Posted by Mike Florio on May 25, 2013, 11:11 PM EDT

Lost in Friday’s decision by former Lions receiver Titus Young to exercise his right to remain silent literally is the fact that the list of charges against him has expanded to 11.

When a guy gets charged with 12 crimes, does the judge add a 13th for free?

Per multiple reports, Young picked up a felony charge of residential burglary, a misdemeanor charge of resisting and obstructing an officer, and a misdemeanor charge of vandalism under $400.

Police apparently learned during the investigation of Young’s May 11 arrest that he had attempted to break into a second home, that he fought with police, and that he damaged a fence.

Young won’t be able to expand to his rap sheet, unless he finds a way to commit crimes while in custody. A judge has increased his bail to $50,000, and Young’s family has declined to post bond.

Family members and friends have said Young has mental health issues. Here’s hoping that someone finally will persuade him to seek and obtain the help he needs.

I was going to add “before it’s too late,” but I’ve got a feeling it already may be.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Good for his family not to post bond. I am not really sure this is the best way to solve the issue, because I don't know if getting locked away will deliver the epiphany to TY that it does for others... But outside of getting him into a mental health facility, what else is there to do but let him sit in jail?

The NFL says it "reached out" to free agent Titus Young before his off-the-field meltdown, but that he declined help.

"It was someone very, very close to him who was just concerned — really concerned," said Troy Vincent, the league's director of player engagement. "We went to people very close to his center of influence, to reach out to see how we can support him. The response was of someone who is not open arms to being supported." People close to Young clearly saw his unhinged behavior coming, but it appears he declined any and all offers of help. Now Young is facing up to 10 years of prison on 11 different charges. It's a sad situation.

Sad, this guy has some serious issues.

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

Per Rotoworld.com:

Free agent WR Titus Young was arrested and charged with battery causing serious bodily injury in Los Angeles on July 9.
Details of the incident remain unknown, but it's a felony. Young, 25 next month, is in custody in the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in L.A., and his bail has been set at $105,000. On July 10, Young was set to make a pretrial appearance in Newport Beach, Ca., where he's facing four felonies and seven other charges. Young's life has spiraled out of control. His football playing career is kaput. Jul 14 - 6:35 PM

Its been a year since he destroyed his life? Damn. Time flies.

Wasn't just a year ago.. Seems like he continues to damage it by the day. Unfortunate.

Fuck this kid. If he couldnt catch a football hed probably be dead. Hes squandered his gifts and more importantly, reached his goal in life of making the NFL. In my opinion you cant pity people for getting what they want, and then fucking it up. I feel bad for those who helped him get to where he was... you cant ask people to support you in a goal then support your dismantling of said goal... i wish hed stay out of the news, and i hope he stays out of the obituaties, and does something productive with his life.... and tbh he wasnt even that good. Little diva with flashes of talent, a good cut step and bad hands... i wish someone else drafted him...