Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

All these scandals

No threads on IRS/AP/Benghazi developments?

My thoughts: IRS and AP are absurd and need to be dealt with very swiftly. Benghazi is very serious but is being used by the GOP to make political gains, which angers me.

All of these are being abused by the GOP to make political gains. I'm not underplaying how horrible the AP and IRS things are, but come on... it's blatantly obvious that the GOP is jumping on these to try and make Obama look like the next Nixon.

I don't mind them using the issues for political gain. If that's what gets people to decide not to do corrupt things, fine by me.

/extremeoptimism

Come on, be real. If you think Obama owns none of this responsibility that is nuts.

You cant be mad at the GOP because when bush was in office dems did the same thing. You cant have it both ways.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Come on, be real. If you think Obama owns none of this responsibility that is nuts.

You cant be mad at the GOP because when bush was in office dems did the same thing. You cant have it both ways.

He owns a lot of the responsibility whether or not he was directly involved in these scandals. If he was, then he's just a partisan president who abused his powers to make his enemies weaker. If he wasn't, then it's on him for not catching this sooner and stopping it. I wasn't involved in politics when Bush was in office (I was still in grade school), so I can't really make a judgement there.

:yep: nailed this point exactly. The fact that Obama didn't know about these three serious scandals sooner than reading them on his computer or in the newspaper really just says how out of control and ineffective the Federal Government has become. President of the United States of America is the job that is in charge of making sure the federal government runs properly (executive branch), and if this shit happens, than the people in charge need to be fired. :yep:

I love how nothing is ever the fault of Obama.

The mainstream media is in love with Obama and his likability/hope factor. Don't even get me started on them. Fox news is the only network to me who seems anti Obama and when Bush was President only Fox news was pro Bush. What goes around comes around....the media agenda is always obvious. CNN has become an absolute joke IMO. There could be disasters all over the country and they would have a segment on Angelina Jolie's breasts.

Of COURSE the Republicans are trying to bring Obama down. And Hillary. According to polls Clinton is the next President. And the Dems are not as concerned IMO if Obama is brought down right now as long as Hillary isn't as much since they need to keep her image up there for the next election. Unless someone new pops in and takes her spot but right now I don't know who that would be. Obama has served his purpose, he was re-elected, now the elites have to work on the next chosen one.

And be honest, all these scandals no matter what your opinion is make Nixon look like a choir boy compared to Obama. :yep:

And watch out for any "events" that can pop up at any time to distract us. The Bill Clinton tactics. :yep:

Edited by Jules
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:yep: nailed this point exactly. The fact that Obama didn't know about these three serious scandals sooner than reading them on his computer or in the newspaper really just says how out of control and ineffective the Federal Government has become. President of the United States of America is the job that is in charge of making sure the federal government runs properly (executive branch), and if this shit happens, than the people in charge need to be fired. :yep:

I don't buy that though. I think he's lying. If he isn't then why the hell wouldn't the President of the United States know what the hell is going on? Makes no sense to me....and if its true then Obama might as well start getting important news from Jim Irsay via twitter. :yep:

My father told me Obama's approval rating has gone UP, something like 51% to 53%. Just wow.....

I think Hillary remains unaffected in polls? Not sure but I think I heard this.

Edited by Jules

I don't buy that though. I think he's lying. If he isn't then why the hell wouldn't the President of the United States know what the hell is going on? Makes no sense to me....and if its true then Obama might as well start getting important news from Jim Irsay via twitter. :yep:

My father told me Obama's approval rating has gone UP, something like 51% to 53%. Just wow.....

I think Hillary remains unaffected in polls? Not sure but I think I heard this.

I have a feeling that your probably right, that it might come out sooner rather than later that President Obama actually knew about the IRS scandal before it was known by the media. :yep:

I really can't see how he didn't know about it. :shrug:

This NSA scandal is bullshit. First of all, conservatives attacking the administration on it aren't fooling anyone -- they supported this garbage when their party held the executive. Liberals making excuses should be ashamed of themselves -- where are their civil liberty principles? The actions of the NSA were totally out of line and a clear encroachment on the 4th Amendment, and that a court would even allow this is disgusting. And then right after the fact two Senators - one Republican and one Democrat - come out in defense of the actions and vow to find the whistleblower rather than reforming policies to fit within constitutional bounds. Bullshit.

/rant

Edited by WindyCitySports
  • Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Yeah, I especially love that ALL the Representatives & Senators are coming out saying "of course we know about this it's been going on for years!" Okay, cool, then you're an accomplice to it and I hope it gets you voted out of office.

• Upvote 1

This NSA scandal is bullshit. First of all, conservatives attacking the administration on it aren't fooling anyone -- they supported this garbage when their party held the executive. Liberals making excuses should be ashamed of themselves -- where are their civil liberty principles? The actions of the NSA were totally out of line and a clear encroachment on the 4th Amendment, and that a court would even allow this is disgusting. And then right after the fact two Senators - one Republican and one Democrat - come out in defense of the actions and vow to find the whistleblower rather than reforming policies to fit within constitutional bounds. Bullshit.

/rant

The whistleblower gave his name freely, so they won't have to look too far to find him... http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

But they're doing it to keep us safe!

Yeah. I get that it's technically treason, but I can't find myself getting upset at the whistleblower. I hope he finds a place that won't send him here.

There are a lot of retarded petitions put up on that White House page or w/e it is. I say it's high time we put up a legitimate petition and ask for Congress to be put on trial for their crimes against the Constitution. FUCK NSA. FUCK Congress. FUCK the President. FUCK everyone who has had a part in the mutilation of our Constitution.

BTW, I love how instead of dedicating their pathetic lives to maybe doing something right and fixing the shit they've done, they're going to focus on a guy who revealed how shitty our government is. SERIOUSLY, HOW THE FUCK CAN OUR REPRESENTATIVES AND SENATORS COME OUT AND CASUALLY SAY THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 7 FUCKING YEARS?!?!? D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<

/ragemodedeactived

• Upvote 1

The whistleblower gave his name freely, so they won't have to look too far to find him... http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

But they're doing it to keep us safe!

Apparently the main reason he went public was because he was scared the US government would have him quietly killed if they found out without the public knowing.

It says something horrendous if someone who worked for the government considers that a real possibility.

I don't get why so many people are so hostile to immigration reform. Other than that, we need more activism against things like the Patriot Act, NDAA, and (evidently) now NSA.

I keep reading stories about Snowden. It's kind of pathetic and at the same time disheartening that people view him as a traitor. Just goes to show that people have become complacent and don't give a flying fuck what the government does to them.

I love this quote from the movie Dictator with Sasha Baren Cohen:

Why are you guys so anti-dictators? Imagine if America was a dictatorship. You could let 1% of the people have all the nation's wealth. You could help your rich friends get richer by cutting their taxes. And bailing them out when they gamble and lose. You could ignore the needs of the poor for health care and education. Your media would appear free, but would secretly be controlled by one person and his family. You could wiretap phones. You could torture foreign prisoners. You could have rigged elections. You could lie about why you go to war. You could fill your prisons with one particular racial group, and no one would complain. You could use the media to scare the people into supporting policies that are against their interests.

Seems fitting.

• Upvote 1

Yeah. I get that it's technically treason, but I can't find myself getting upset at the whistleblower. I hope he finds a place that won't send him here.

There needs to be whistleblowing policies in place where it doesn't hurt national security. Bradley Manning is a famous whistleblower, but it should have been to the appropriate parties and not one that puts our troops in harms way.

I think the current whistleblower mentioned that he wanted to avoid hurting individuals, kind of like Manning did. I believe he was quoted as saying that he supported Manning, but also disliked how he just blindly released documents that put a lot of people in danger. I really don't give a fuck if this all hurts the government, but at the very least it shouldn't be hurting soldiers or civilians with no involvement.

edited out

Edited by Vikingfan465

Bradley Manning is a sorry piece of shit that should be executed by a firing squad of soldiers whom he betrayed. Every breath he takes is a crime against his former brotherhood. If he ever sees the light of another day UCMJ has failed it soldiers to the point of flat out mockery. Sorry piece of shit.