Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

San Francisco awarded Super Bowl L; Houston gets LI

http://www.nfl.com/n...o-li-to-houston

NFL owners voted Tuesday at the NFL Spring Meeting to award Super Bowl L in 2016 to San Francisco. The game will be played in the 49ers' new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California. The result came as no surprise. San Francisco beat out South Florida for the honor of hosting the 50th championship game since the NFL-AFL merger.

A vote was then taken by the owners on whether to award

Super Bowl LI to Houston or South Florida. Reliant Stadium, which hosted XXXVIII between the New England Patriotsand Carolina Panthers in 2004, won the bid for the 2017 game.

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

That's a great honor for the 49ers hosting the superbowl in their brand new stadium. Or it could also be a curse if history repeats itself that the teams stadium that host the superbowl never make it there :ninja:

I thought the Superbowl should have been in Miami. Miami is one of the hottest destinations on the map right now. Miami is an awesome city. Great weather, very lively with so much activity going on, a lot of money flowing in the city amongst a lot of other things. That would have been huge imo.

Edited by dutchff7

It would be doubly sweet if Seattle were to win the SB on the Niners home field.

2016 this team should just be entering their prime productive seasons.

I don't like it on the west coast outdoors. It's gonna still be light outside when the team wins. Feels weird.

Damn. Would have been cool to see the Super Bowl in Miami when I was down there (kind of). San Fran and Houston are deserving cities, though.

It would be doubly sweet if Seattle were to win the SB on the Niners home field.

I wanted this so bad for the Falcons this year. To win it all in New Orleans would have been nothing short of wonderful.

I thought the Superbowl should have been in Miami. Miami is one of the hottest destinations on the map right now. Miami is an awesome city. Great weather, very lively with so much activity going on, a lot of money flowing in the city amongst a lot of other things. That would have been huge imo.

Yeah, but their stadium blows and they've already hosted a shit ton of times. Twice since 2007 lol.

I don't like it on the west coast outdoors. It's gonna still be light outside when the team wins. Feels weird.

No. Sun goes down at like 5 pm in the winter. Game will end around 7 pm local time.

That's a great honor for the 49ers hosting the superbowl in their brand new stadium. Or it could also be a curse if history repeats itself that the teams stadium that host the superbowl never make it there :ninja:

But the stadium sucks and thats an important factor.

Congrats to the 49ers organisation. It would be awesome if we could break the curse of the Super Bowl hosts...

Really glad to see SF get it. Would be fun as hell to spend Super Bowl weekend in the Bay area and have it in their new state of the art facility. As far as I know it's going to be one of the most technically advanced stadiums in the NFL on completion.