Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Why isn't Tebow on the Jags!

Why didn't they go for him. :corn:

I always thought this was a match made in heaven. (no pun intended)

Because no team wants to handle the circus that comes with him. He may well be a good football player and a great leader, but he's also a media circus and no team wants that distraction. The bad offsets the good.

Because no team wants to handle the circus that comes with him. He may well be a good football player and a great leader, but he's also a media circus and no team wants that distraction. The bad offsets the good.

True that. Too much "noise" would come with him but heck I kinda thought the Jags wanted to sell more tickets too? :p

You are probably right though. Poor Timmy. Not a huge fan of him as a player but I think he's a good guy and I kinda wish someone took a chance on him.

• Downvote 1

Jags do sell a lot of tickets though, the Bucs and Phins are the florida teams that can't sell games out. Going with ESPN's' numbers, the Jags sold about 97% of their seats last year.

• Upvote 2

Jags do sell a lot of tickets though, the Bucs and Phins are the florida teams that can't sell games out. Going with ESPN's' numbers, the Jags sold about 97% of their seats last year.

Interesting, didn't realize that.

*walks in... notices Razor has already handled everything... walks back out*

Not everything. He forgot to mention the fact that "no pun intended" was superfluous, seeing as there were no puns in the original post. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Tebow just isn't a good football player and no one wants to deal with the media circus that he brings along. If the media wasn't all over the guy, I'm sure he could find a gig somewhere; Not as a starter, but definitely as a 2nd or 3rd string QB.

Maybe as a team mascot. But I don't think any NFL team will waste a roster spot on him. He cannot pass the football effectively.

Tebow will probably never be on the Jags...

Even If He's Released

Tebow just isn't a good football player and no one wants to deal with the media circus that he brings along. If the media wasn't all over the guy, I'm sure he could find a gig somewhere; Not as a starter, but definitely as a 2nd or 3rd string QB.

I think he's a good football player. But not a good NFL QB. I think he's passable if you have an opportunistic defense that creates turnovers, or can impact a game. But we saw what happens when he goes against teams that can put points on the board. He's not going to put up a lot of points, he can't pass effectively and consistently (accuracy) from the pocket. That's his main issue. He relies too heavily on broken plays to make plays.

I completely agree on your last point though. If there were no media obsession/circus, he'd be on a roster as a reserve QB role right now.

Tebow should actually take Doug Flutie's advice and head over to the CFL. This is not taking a step back for him, and I think it will help him develop his QB skills more. I mean we all watched Flutie, and Garcia in Calgary do what they did! Maybe it would be wise for Tebow to listen? Because of all the Media Attention that follows Tebow in the NFL, is why no team wants to give him a try. His overall talent speaks for itself and the short stint he had with Denver, proves that he has talent and can be a winning QB in the NFL. Now I'm not saying elite, but a winning QB. He should play in the CFL for at least two years, then come back for a try with an NFL Team because by then some of these NFL Teams will find out that their former draft choices just might go Bust! You never know. Also, on a side note.. Warner and Romo were not drafted but got it together in the European league, then came back to the states and became starters in the NFL! So..... :shrug:

Also, on a side note.. Warner and Romo were not drafted but got it together in the European league, then came back to the states and became starters in the NFL! So..... :shrug:

Romo didn't play in Europe, he signed with the Cowboys in 2003 after going undrafted and sat on their bench for three years before he started, he didn't play in any other leagues, Warner is a good example of using other leagues to develop, he played in the arena league for three years then spent one spring in Europe, Warren Moon is another notable player who went elsewhere, though it's worth noting that both Warner and Moon went pretty much strait from college to their developmental league, the one guy who doesn't fit that mold is Doug Flutie, who after college played one year in the USFL then a few years in the NFL before going to Canada, though his accomplishments in the Canadian league (where he played for eight years) are far greater than his accomplishments in the NFL so I'm not sure if that's a route Tebow would want to pursue.

Another thing to keep in mind about Tebow when you talk about developing in another league is that he'll be 26 when the next NFL season starts, meaning if he goes to the CFL to develop for a few years we'll be looking at a guy who's pushing 30 trying to re-enter the league

The Jags are Okay with sucking in obscurity, but bringing another shitty QB to compound their shittines who comes complete with a media circus to shine a national spotlight on the whole sucky suckfest? I'd pass too. :troll:

I added the :troll: just so that Campin' doesn't get all butt-hurt and start deep-throating the Jags so I can see is massive fandum. lol

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to ESPN The Magazine, members of free agent Tim Tebow's camp "privately admit" Tebow's NFL career is likely over.

Just 18 months removed from a stunning playoff win over the Steelers, Tebow has been written off by NFL teams in large part due to his unwillingness to change positions. "He's not a quarterback," said one NFC scout. "When you look at his run two years ago, when you watch the tape and break it down, he wasn't really doing anything that impressive. He's a tough guy, a great leader, a great person. But he isn't a good enough quarterback to have all the distractions that come with him." And that just about sums it up. May 31 - 2:08 PM

Source: ESPN.com

Well it is what it is I guess.

At least the Broncos managed to get a playoff win out of the short Tebow era. Now they have to cash in on the Manning era now in the big games.....

Edited by Jules

Romo didn't play in Europe, he signed with the Cowboys in 2003 after going undrafted and sat on their bench for three years before he started, he didn't play in any other leagues, Warner is a good example of using other leagues to develop, he played in the arena league for three years then spent one spring in Europe, Warren Moon is another notable player who went elsewhere, though it's worth noting that both Warner and Moon went pretty much strait from college to their developmental league, the one guy who doesn't fit that mold is Doug Flutie, who after college played one year in the USFL then a few years in the NFL before going to Canada, though his accomplishments in the Canadian league (where he played for eight years) are far greater than his accomplishments in the NFL so I'm not sure if that's a route Tebow would want to pursue.

Another thing to keep in mind about Tebow when you talk about developing in another league is that he'll be 26 when the next NFL season starts, meaning if he goes to the CFL to develop for a few years we'll be looking at a guy who's pushing 30 trying to re-enter the league

Why wouldn't that be the route to pursue for Tebow? Do you think any other NFL team will pick him up in '13 to play QB? I'll tell you one thing, thats some VERY good advise from a guy who has been in the same boat as Tebow, and honestly I think Tebow has much more talent and potential than Flutie had. Wouldn't you agree? Now if Tebow is hell-bent on playing QB then the CFL, IS.. his only realistic option for him. I personally think it would be better for him to consider a position change and remain in the NFL. Maybe HB/FB or TE? Then again, I'm not a QB, and they have a much different mentality about position changes than other players and see it as a huge step down. But the developmental leagues worked for Flutie, Moon, Warner and Garcia and it would more than likely work for Tebow too. Now to say Tebow would be pushing 30 when trying to re-enter the NFL in a few years makes absolutely no sense, cause for one...Moon, Warner and Garcia were all pushing 30 upon re-entering the NFL and all 3 went on to have success, ESP Warner and Moon. Flutie not so much, but he was well into his 30's when he signed with Buffalo in '98. IMHO, Tebow can make it the NFL! He's not a total failure like most think or say he is! :)

Well it is what it is I guess.

At least the Broncos managed to get a playoff win out of the short Tebow era. Now they have to cash in on the Manning era now in the big games.....

Precisely why they should have kept Tebow, too. They could have Manning get them through the regular season, and then bring in a proven playoff winner come playoff time.

• Upvote 1

Precisely why they should have kept Tebow, too. They could have Manning get them through the regular season, and then bring in a proven playoff winner come playoff time.

Well all jokes aside for Manning and the playoffs you can't dump a Peyton Manning in a big game. :p He's still an all time great.

It is frustrating though. Especially when a Manning team is a heavy favorite at home....

Manning does have terrible luck in the playoffs though....my God I have seen so many shit sandwich playoff games. :( Sometimes I have felt bad for him and sometimes I have wanted to scream that he messed it up since he would never do that junk in the regular season.

My two biggest nightmare games? Steelers divisional following the 2005 season and the Colts/Saints Super Bowl. Oh Peyton...those could have been your years. :(

Tim-Tebow-GIF.gif

So what does that video prove? Nothing! lol. Hasnt Rex admited he did not work with him enough! He barely saw the field and totaled what..40 touches last year, and thats between passing/rushing. Rex NEVER gave him a chance. So its not Tebow’s fault, he got shafted right?

So what does that video prove? Nothing! lol. Hasnt Rex admited he did not work with him enough! He barely saw the field and totaled what..40 touches last year, and thats between passing/rushing. Rex NEVER gave him a chance. So its not Tebow’s fault, he got shafted right?

Lol I know it doesn't prove anything. I'm just messing around. Tebow didn't get a real opportunity with the Jets. Getting sent to the Jets helped damage his career along with the Tebowmaniacs.