Dutch

NFLs most overrated players (or coaches)

What players in the NFL do you believe that their hype/prestige exceeds their talent? Let the burning begin.

My first guy is Aldon Smith.

bZg5dCx.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the kid sucks. He's a very talented player but I don't think his talent lived up to his hype this past season. The amount of hype Aldon Smith was generating was ridiculous. I was on the hype train too. I even believed that he would break Strahans single season sack record. But the proof is in the pudding. Aldon Smith went ballistic and generated 15 sacks in just 7 games. Then, Justin Smith went down. After Smith went down, Aldon Smith failed to record a sack for the rest of the regular season; 3 games. Then in the play offs, Aldon Smith failed to record a sack in the Divisional Round, NFC Championship game, and the Superbowl. He went on a 6 game sack drought after Justin Smith went down. From watching the games, you saw how Justin being gone altered Aldon's effectiveness. The drop off in production was just too steep for it not to be a coincidence after the sack numbers he was putting up in earlier in the season. Like I said though, great talent; just a tad bit overrated.

sporles-flip-smith1-11-25-12.gif

Edited by dutchff7

Jay Cutler. Analysts still blow him in their segments to this day.

Mario Williams

Darelle Revis (he's the best corner in the league, but he isn't untouchable i.e., Stevie Johnson)

Matt Ryan

Joe Flacco, now.

Arian Foster, Percy Harvin

Off the top of my head those two guys. Really can't think of anyone else at this moment.

How is foster overated he a beast. And harvin not overated he just cant stay healthy.

How is foster overated he a beast. And harvin not overated he just cant stay healthy.

My guess would be because his numbers are inflated due to the ZBS they run in Houston.

I disagree with you on Harvin. Definitely think he is overrated. A lot of people think he is a top 10 WR and he just got paid way more than he should have.

• Upvote 1

Last year I was beating the Mario Williams was overrated drum, this year....Percy Harvin. Aldon Smith is a good one though.

Aldo's smith, Jared Allen, cam newton, tony romo and jay cutler to name a few

Aldo's smith, Jared Allen, cam newton, tony romo and jay cutler to name a few

These two are not overrated. Jared Allen is a beast and nobody thinks Romo is any good--he's actually underrated.

Peyton Manning, last year's rookie QBs, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Earl Thomas, Brandon Browner, Dashon Goldson, DeSean Jackson, Terrell Suggs, Matt Ryan, Willam Moore.

These two are not overrated. Jared Allen is a beast and nobody thinks Romo is any good--he's actually underrated.

Jared Allen plays in a division with the cumulative worst offensive lines in the league, headed by a pair of the worst left tackles in the league by the bears and packers.

• Upvote 2

Peyton Manning, last year's rookie QBs, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Earl Thomas, Brandon Browner, Dashon Goldson, DeSean Jackson, Terrell Suggs, Matt Ryan, Willam Moore.

This is a overrated players not some of the best players in the league discussion

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jared Allen plays in a division with the cumulative worst offensive lines in the league, headed by a pair of the worst left tackles in the league by the bears and packers.

Levi Brown and King Dunlap say hello

• Upvote 1

What about Jared Allen's resume with the Chiefs? 43 sacks in 4 years.

What about Jared Allen's resume with the Chiefs? 43 sacks in 4 years.

I'm not saying the dudes a scrub but he's lifted on this pedestal like hes Bruce smith when in reality hes just a good DE

This is a overrated players not some of the best players in the league discussion

Every player zack named is overrated.

• Upvote 1

Cam not overated he just need more then steve smith

I'm not saying the dudes a scrub but he's lifted on this pedestal like hes Bruce smith when in reality hes just a good DE

117 sacks 9 years in the league. He's averaged over 13 sacks a year throughout his career.

Edited by dutchff7

Every player zack named is overrated.

Meh I think Earl Thomas is debatable. People think he is a top 5 safety and I would say he has a strong case for that.

• Upvote 1

Meh I think Earl Thomas is debatable. People think he is a top 5 safety and I would say he has a strong case for that.

This and I'd also like to know how Matt Ryan and Terrell Suggs are overrated.

Cam Newton and Tony Romo are not overrated, they are both underrated for different reasons.

• Upvote 2

Richard sherman he gets a lot of help

While I don't think he's overrated... I do agree with this.

Sherman's a great player, but yea, he gets help up top more then people think.

While I don't think he's overrated... I do agree with this.

Sherman's a great player, but yea, he gets help up top more then people think.

He got burned by chris givens with help on a 50 yarder

And Revis got burned by Tedd Ginn Jr. Clearly both are overrated.

Come on, man. They're humans not machines. He's not going to be literally 100% perfect.

• Upvote 2