Favre4Ever

Which Last Place Team Finishes First?

Epic Turnaround   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which team that finished last in their division in 2012 will finish first in 2013?

• Buffalo Bills
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Detroit Lions
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Arizona Cardinals

:troll: ?

"They have an all star coaching staff, talented offensive line, HB, WR, and possible top 10 defense. "

Ray Horton and Norv Turner are exceptional at their coordinator spots, our offensive line is very talented. Trent Richardson is a talented HB and Josh Gordon (based on last year) is a talented WR on the rise. Our D is going through a shift from the 4-3 to the 3-4, not sure how the talent is going to fit in. I don't think he's very far off base with those comments, but I reaaaaaaly dont think we're primed to take over the AFCN for another few years. We need a real QB.

• Upvote 1

Eagles and Bucs maybe. The rest,I don't think so.

I voted for the Eagles. It is a matter of not only looking at how a team has improved but the division that they are playing in. The Bucs have to get through the Saints and Falcons so have a hard time seeing that one as well. Not happening in the NFC West. The NFC North with Green Bay, Minnesota, and the Bears all there it is hard to see the Lions beating out all 3 of them. In the AFC I just have a hard time seeing the Chiefs being able to unseat the Broncos. AFC North could be a place the Browns can rise up but with the talent on the Ravens, Bengals, and Steelers rosters it is hard to see that happen. AFC East just looks like the Patriots will run away with it again. The NFC East just looks like the division with the biggest challenge to figure out who is the best team in the division. Cowboys have talent but never seem to put it together. The Giants are very inconsistent. The Redskins have questions of whether RGIII can stay healthy and also being hurt by the Cap Penalties they were hit with. Throw in teams will not quite know what to expect from a Chip Kelly lead team and it could lead to them sneaking out a few wins that otherwise they could not have had.

• Upvote 1

I voted for the Bucs. They are a very young, very talented team. All it would really take would be for Freeman to come into his own, and one of the pass rushers to step up. If those things happen, I can easily see them taking over the NFC South. New Orleans and Atlanta have a few issues that I think get a little ignored.

• Upvote 1

Bucs! Not just bcuz I'm a Bucs fan, but out of the teams listed above I feel we have the best chance. And 4 names that will play a major role in it.....Freeman#1,Revis,Goldson and Martin.

I'm surprised that Detroit only got one vote. After the Bucs, they'd be my next choice. The front four should be a force this year, and we all know they can score. The low TD totals across the board seem fluky for a team with that much offense. And there are enough questions in Green Bay that I can see a turn in the tide up north. The smart money is obviously still on the Packers, but if we're ranking probabilities I'm thinking the Lions are #2.

Serious question: Did the Lions really do anything to improve their secondary?

Serious question: Did the Lions really do anything to improve their secondary?

Much depends on Darius Slay and how quickly he acclimates. Rookie corners tend to struggle, but so did everyone in Slay's spot last year so that is probably going to effectively be a lateral move for the purposes of the 2013 season.

I think they got healthy, certainly. That's an improvement. Having Houston and Delmas both in the lineup will help a lot. Now whether they have better injury luck than last year is anyone's guess. And they were pretty young in the back four, so the experience for guys like Bill Bentley and Jonte Green should help at least a little bit.

The one spot where they undoubtedly improved is the safety spot next to Delmas. Glover Quin was not his best version of himself last year, but he was still solid and undoubtedly better than Spievey, who can be brutal at times.

I would compare the Lions' secondary to the Chargers' offensive line. It was really bad and ravaged by injuries in 2012, the moves to fix it have been on the smaller size, and if they improve from "completely awful" to "merely average," it ought to be enough to make a push.

Being healthy in of itself could be huge for our secondary. When Delmas is in there we are a different defense... Adding another starting caliber safety in Quinn doesn't hurt either but a lot revolves our DLine being as good as a lot of people see them being.

Adding Darius Slay gives them a legit second corner, though he'll be subject to the typical rookie woes. I dunno if Ron Bartell has anything left in the tank, but if he does, he's an improvement over what they had before.

It's the list from hell! I did not want to choose one.

Maybe the streak gets broken this year though? :shrug:

In the end after going back and forth on around 3 of them I went with the Lions. They at least have firepower on offense that is proven. Maybe they can stop being so dumb and won't blow so many games this year. :shrug:

Not sure I feel the Vikings have longevity, don't trust the Bears but the Packers are still the cream of the crop in the North but my God.....the Packers need to fix that defense. :yep: Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers but give the man some more balance around him too please. Even if the Pack did lose the division though I could see them as a WC.

Edited by Jules
  • Upvote 1

Adding Darius Slay gives them a legit second corner, though he'll be subject to the typical rookie woes. I dunno if Ron Bartell has anything left in the tank, but if he does, he's an improvement over what they had before.

They do have other young corners that were hurt last year. Bentley and greenwood can still make a impact

Philly could be that team, especially with a fresh face in Chip Kelly. Philly could really play rejuvenated after two disappointing seasons in a row. I think ten wins will get first place in NFC East. But I voted for Tampa. This Bucs team is very talented. And with the productive off-season they had? Now only if Josh Freeman can resemble the quarterback that he did in 2010(consistency) more than the one in 2012, this team has the best shot at winning NFC South.